Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cafeteria Mormon ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 01:05PM

... is because American society and culture is disintegrating.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 01:14PM

The world is in flux.

It used to be that it was a slow flux.

Now the fluxing is getting faster ... and harder.

Regarding our stints in mormonism, we got the flux out!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 01:40PM

Just because the culture isn't staying in the 1950's, doesn't mean it's disintegrating. Regressive folks want to stay there. Progressive folks see going forward as a vast improvement. Mormonism is a relic of wanting to stay in the 1950s forever. I suppose disintegration is in the eye of the beholder.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 01:44PM

I absolutely agree.

Posted by: Cafeteria Mormon ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 02:10PM

Last days of Rome.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 02:14PM

What--do you think there are all sorts of diseases from Asia ravaging American healthcare and economic power? Invasions from Germanic peoples to the north? The exhaustion of the "bread basket" that was northern Italy? Rebellion in the eastern provinces?

Or do you mean something silly like moral decay and the advent of a mystery cult called Christianity?

Posted by: Anonymous Muser ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 08:46PM

I think OP means there are more uppity (fill in the blanks) than ever, who simply will not mind their place.

OP also doesn't seem aware that even using "cafeteria mormon" is handing Satan a major victory. OP needs to repent.

Date: April 08, 2023 09:04PM

Yep.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 10, 2023 02:26PM

I think that the rising incidence of violence we’re seeing is an undeniable indicator of moral decay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2023 02:27PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 05:56PM

I guess you'd know.

Posted by: unconventional ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 04:24PM

Not sure about society, but one thing I know for sure is that I am disintegrating. If I’m lucky, I have 30 good years left, maybe forty if I’m super lucky.

Due to that fact, I understand that we can spend our lives doing things to support others; things that really make a difference.

So, is it possible that we could altogether forget about doom and gloom and just spend the rest of our lives helping others?

I think it is.

Date: April 08, 2023 06:01PM

Beautiful.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 02:03PM

?

Date: April 08, 2023 02:10PM

Yet another thread about "trivial nothingness."

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2470218,2470230#msg-2470230

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 04:37PM

Things are certainly changing. Age-old institutions are dropping like flies. The big reason, as I see it, is the internet, for two reasons. First is the ready access to information that it provides. The other is the fact that it provides a platform for individuals to establish their own cultural systems with no regard to geographical or political boundaries. The establishment powers are nervous because they know they are in trouble.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 05:10PM

Concerning your stake, it's not like the Mormon church didn't try its very best to thoroughly indoctrinate the membership. Are you upset that your stake is disintegrating?

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 06:03PM

If you’re not saying it, May I? ;)

Date: April 08, 2023 06:10PM

Probably just a young person, well meaning, who hasn't got a handle on things yet.

Date: April 08, 2023 06:17PM

Is it good or bad if the OP morphs from a Cafeteria Mormon to a Banquet Mormon?

What other food-related mormon names might be useful?  Appetizer Mormon?

Also, I am reminded of that movie cult favorite, "Fast Times at Mormon High."  That scene in the temple font when the girl rises up out of the water!!!!

Date: April 08, 2023 06:41PM

Food truck mormon

Pretzel stand mormon

Drive-thru mormon

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 07:21PM

Dumpster diver Mormon.

Posted by: anonynon ( )
Date: April 11, 2023 09:59PM

Stake House Mormon

Date: April 08, 2023 06:42PM

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 06:46PM

"because American society and culture is disintegrating"

If you see that the sky is falling, did your church teach you to see it falling? Because that is the sign the church is waiting for Jesus to return to rule the world. Mormons expect to ride His coat tails.

The world is a heluva place when you're Travis Bickle from "Taxi Driver". I wonder if GAs look in the mirror and say "You talkin' to me?".

Posted by: I ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 08:31PM

Could the LDS "church"'s problems w/ attendance be what they've always been (expounded by Mormonism's pandemic of itself, coupled w/ people staying home for the first time ever): that it isn't true but false, it's terrible history, lies, coercion, adultery/ polygamy, unnecessary and harmful pressure, weirdness, nit-picking/ backbiting/ backstabbing/ passive aggressiveness, uncomfortableness, burnout/ callings, judgements, shallowness, hatefulness and general hostility towards others, "outsiders", non-members, gentiles, formons (former members), as well as members themselves/ each other that people are increasingly getting fed up with TSCC and choosing the utter bliss of freedom and happiness over the boring uselessness of Joseph smith's cult of a so-called 'church'?

Mormonism is different!

People are sore afraid of leaving that they can't, until they do, and finally find that the nature of the club is that TSCC says one thing and does another. Hence TSCC is in apostasy and it was never the member at all.

Utter bliss!

Posted by: anonynon ( )
Date: April 08, 2023 09:13PM

or maybe it's because men like you are perving on young women in the pews in front of you.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 10, 2023 02:50AM

Somebody borrowed the extension cord at the meetinghouse and now the vacuum cleaner can't be used when cleaning inside.

Just saying

Date: April 10, 2023 02:28PM

‘borrowed’?

I think it was STOLEN!

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: April 10, 2023 01:48PM

Oh I agree, American Society is disintegrating. The overturning of Roe-v-Wade. Tennessee trying to cancel Gay Pride events. It's sad to see a proud and strong Democratic Republic slowly devolving into a hateful and fearful Theocratic Oligarchy.

Date: April 10, 2023 02:31PM

Rome was a republic once, then it became a tyranny. But that's not the "fall" Cafeteria Mormon has in mind.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: April 10, 2023 06:07PM

My mom who is a TBM has noticed the changes that has happened in the lds church over the years. She sees it as faith promoting.

Date: April 10, 2023 07:10PM

With the right lenses, everything that happens in the world can be seen as faith-promoting.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 10, 2023 07:16PM

Methinks CM was home for Easter Break and released a mild electronic fart in our direction out of boredom. It happens during school breaks. Susan I/S could tell stories. She had to do the cleanups on aisle six. :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 10, 2023 07:30PM

Oh, right. I forgot about that.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 10, 2023 08:10PM

Why oh why have you assigned disintegration to be negative?

From where I stand quite a few things should be disintegrating a lot faster and we'd all be better off. I know I have a wish list.

Ruins. We need more ruins.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: April 11, 2023 11:25AM

Or could it be the natural result of people waking up to the reality they’ve been duped to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars?

Date: April 12, 2023 12:46AM

March 2023 Atlantic magazine:

‘We’re Already Living in the Metaverse’ by Megan Garber …
EVERYTHING IS ENTERTAINMENT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2023 12:47AM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.