Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: May 28, 2023 02:14AM

Is that their Florida office?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 28, 2023 02:27AM

I wish

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 28, 2023 07:24AM

There's been a lot of discussion locally among the right-wing about mandating that public school classrooms only have U.S. or state flags on display, not gay pride or BLM flags. What they don't seem to realize is that if flags are banned, then posters can go up. And if posters can't go up, then symbols can go up.

Are they really going to ban rainbows?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 28, 2023 02:44PM

And if rainbows are banned, does that mean God gets to flood Florida again?

Posted by: L.A. Exmo ( )
Date: May 28, 2023 06:03PM

A rainbow cross would really get it going. Not only would the fundies would be outraged ("owned" in modern parlance), but they would then be put in the position of (a) banning all cross displays or (b) mandating that only certain colors of crosses were allowable. That would make for an interesting SCOTUS case.

----

A ban on rainbows would remove the greatest perennial obstacle to Jesus' Second Coming. /s

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 28, 2023 06:32PM

>> A rainbow cross would really get it going.

Ooh, I like it!

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 30, 2023 07:47PM

>> Are they really going to ban rainbows? <<

If they do that, Jesus will return.

JS said "“In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come"

So until rainbows are banned....no Jesus.

Hmmmm, just occurred to me as I entered my screen name....if they ban rainbows, no more Roy G Biv!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 30, 2023 07:54PM

RfM banning you to inaugurate Jesus's second coming? I can see the appeal in that. . .

But on second thought, who wants to live in a world ruled by an aging Lamanite in lederhosen?

Better, I think, to stay with the rainbow we know.

Posted by: Nay Google ( )
Date: May 28, 2023 03:17PM

It doesn't matter how many multicolored flags they put up, they are still an abusive corporation. They barely pay tax, spy on their customers and don't pay contributors properly for content. (It owns YouTube and Google Books.)

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 28, 2023 06:35PM

Google is dedicated to FOSS (free and open source software), offers many free services that are also high quality, and is proactive about its obligations as a social media platform which means dealing with a torrent of raw sewage. I think they are faring okay there for such a difficult job. But... Muh freedom!

For all of the hand wringing over privacy, wouldn't Google expose itself to huge liabilities by ignoring existing privacy laws? What if you were the victim of a crime? Would you rather the criminal have anonymity? The digital age can empower the wrong people. Enabling forensics is just due diligence.

Posted by: Colonia Mormono ( )
Date: May 31, 2023 10:10AM

Jesus... do you work for them or something? They're an evil corporation. We're not talking about privacy and "sewage" here, we're talking about getting search results which aren't just Wikipedia and some vaguely related info from a big media corps.

Google illegally copied thousands of books online without paying for them.

It also makes millions off YouTube content while barely paying a cent to the people who produce it.

It is the gatekeeper of the internet and not in a good way. It's like Mormonism. When Google speaks "the thinking has been done".

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: May 31, 2023 03:45PM

I hate Google with a passion!

Somehow my Google password got lost, and it has been completely impossible for me to retrieve it, or to open a new account. I have tried dozens of times over the past year, and Google does not even have a "help" option other than their users' forum. I follow their instructions, but the last step is always to send them a "code" that they send me. BUT THE CODE NEVER COMES!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.