Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 06:04PM

Seriously now —-

I love going shirt-less in warm weather, my nips aren’t bashful or shy at all, in a park or occasionally in a store - grocery - or supermarket...

How do other guys feel about this? Am I being ‘too brave or shameless’?

Or, is this a lack of decorum?

Basically, I don’t care who sees my nips!

Good Times, everyone!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 06:46PM

If you are outside, fine. If you are in a store put a damn shirt on. You may not care who sees you but others don't want to have to look at that.

Date: June 11, 2023 07:10PM

OK, but in general, I'm pretty much over catering to others who might be 'offended' ;

How About LIVE & LET LIVE ?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 07:12PM

If you don't want people's frank answers, don't ask the question.

Date: June 11, 2023 07:18PM

I posed the Q to guys - men - males.

I (100%guy)have shoulder-length hair; what about others who might be “offended” by my hair style / length ?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 07:21PM

Do you have one of those pube curtain beards too that seem to be popular?

Date: June 11, 2023 07:28PM

I didn’t get that memo, so No...

Date: June 11, 2023 07:38PM

> . . . what about
> others who might be “offended” by my hair
> style / length ?

Have you been drinking or are you trying to sound like TheDesertRat?

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 12, 2023 08:56PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I posed the Q to guys - men - males.
>

Shoobie

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 10:39PM

I agree with Susan. Context is everything. In your yard, at the beach or pool, at a cookout, sure. Otherwise, no.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: June 12, 2023 12:01PM

Was about to post that summer has been here for a long time.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 12, 2023 08:47PM

Date: June 11, 2023 07:49PM

I classify this as alongside those who object ‘are offended’ by pride parades, drag shows, others having an abortion, etc.

I do object when people smoke near me inside. Once in our car waiting outdoors at the ferry terminal, (too hot to put windows up) someone in a car ahead was smoking; my TBM wife went ballistic ...

I asked ‘What should I do? I don’t have a fire extinguisher or even a squirt gun!” (wouldn’t use them if I did)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2023 07:59PM by GNPE.

Date: June 11, 2023 08:24PM

That's correct.

Getting people to praise your elderly nipples is as important as equal rights for non-cis people and women's bodily autonomy.

Thank you for bringing that moral insight to our attention.

Date: June 11, 2023 08:31PM

Is your use of hyperbole 'excellent?

I don’t think so.

Date: June 11, 2023 08:34PM

OOPs! Pocket Post!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2023 08:50PM by GNPE.

Date: June 11, 2023 09:07PM

GNPE Wrote:
> Is your use of hyperbole 'excellent?

My comment wasn't hyperbole, GNPE. It was irony, which most people realize is different.

You're not a victim.

Date: June 11, 2023 10:00PM

Getting or expecting others to praise my nips was hyperbole, I never imagined such a thing, regardless of my age which is 100% immaterial & irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Freedom is sometimes accepting conduct of others one doesn't choose, like or desire;

It's also allowing yourself to do or not do things others wouldn't choose, desire, or accept.

Date: June 11, 2023 10:03PM

Well then, I guess we should feel honored that you chose us to appreciate your self-indulgence.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 09:08PM

No shirt, no shoes, no service !

Date: June 11, 2023 09:12PM

For good reason.

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 10:30PM

I literally didn't realize GNPE was a man in the OP. I skipped right over the clues, thinking this was a very salacious topic for RFM. ...yet, I couldn't help thinking, "Yeah, sure I'D like to see some lady tiddies bouncing out and about at the park or in the grocery store. But...I'm not sure if it is appropriate for everyone. >.>"

I thought the "guys" opinions part was just you were a really insecure woman looking for male attention.

Date: June 11, 2023 10:35PM

Freedom is a tough idea or concept for many these days, isn't it?

Some grocery stores allow service animals while prohibiting pets; from strictly a sanitation - health standpoint, I fail to see any distinction but I often leave my dog in the car (for a quick visit) anyway.

A while ago there was a syndicated cartoon 'Love Is' featuring a boy-girl pair... For a while, the girl cartoon character had dots for breasts on the panels, but not the boy;

Some 'offended people' made such a stink/fuss the cartoonist was "forced" to cease giving the girl character her dots "breasts'

I called that annoying and useless noise/chatter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2023 10:41PM by GNPE.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 10:40PM

It's not a question of freedom, but more of appropriateness. There is a time and place for everything.

You are the one who asked.

Date: June 11, 2023 10:45PM

That's right.

GNPE confuses freedom with approbation. No one in this thread has questioned his liberty to behave as he wishes.

If he is a martyr, it is not for the cause of freedom but for bad taste.

Date: June 11, 2023 10:49PM

I didn't realize the subject - criteria is solely your choice!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2023 10:49PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 11, 2023 11:21PM

For someone who claims he doesn’t care what others think, you seem to care enormously what others think.

Date: June 11, 2023 11:38PM

I nominally adhere to most laws, rules, & regulations even if I don't understand or agree, but I treasure other choices & alternatives.

LIFE BEGINS AT THE EDGES!!

Date: June 12, 2023 09:24PM

You literally sound like TheDesertRat. You didn't used to, but in recent years you've sounded increasingly as if you suffered traumatic injury to your prefrontal cortex.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 12, 2023 07:21AM

My upper body is not beautiful. I do not impose it on other people. Ditto my legs. It's just basic courtesy.

I have a nice face and great hair, so I don't cover those.

Date: June 12, 2023 11:01AM

K
Thanks for your post !

body acceptance is more of a mental-emotional internal matter than how U / we think others view us, this is a part of the naturist - nudist philosophy which is also taking hold with others...

Our bodies are merely a shell, a container for our souls, our spirit, or however we term our inner selves.

Advertising is slowly somewhat reluctantly catching on by using +size men & women more & more.

Ideally we shouldn't be intimidated, coerced, or forced to hide ourselves, Free The Nipples!!

Date: June 12, 2023 03:28PM

Hey, I’m in Utah. We are still working on freeing the shoulders.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: June 12, 2023 05:17PM

Guy here weighing in...In a public place like the beach or a park where everyone is outside enjoying the weather and having fun? Fine.

In a store or other indoor public place? No.

That's why we have the "no shoes, no shirt, no service" rule.

I have nothing against nudity, yours or mine, but I really don't want to be standing next a half clothed man (or woman for that matter) while I wait in line to buy my groceries.....no matter how great their nipples are.

Date: June 12, 2023 07:11PM

just bc 'no shoes, no shirt, no service' is a catchy jingo doesn't obligate anyone to obey it, 'eh?

Is 'modesty' a religious issue - matter?

If it is, some of the 'modest' view/beliefs folks wish to enforce their beliefs - values on this matter to others; I think/hope that we all here find that view repugnant.

I've noticed that the most popular rendition of freedom is understood by just one person...

Date: June 12, 2023 09:13PM

Really dude, don't you think you have attention whored enough about this dumb subject?

Date: June 12, 2023 09:29PM

>just bc 'no shoes, no shirt, no service' is a catchy jingo doesn't obligate anyone to obey it, 'eh?

There is no law mandating shoes and shirts for customers. For staff, yes, but not customers.

However, businesses are completely within their rights to make such a demand, as long as they are consistent in enforcing it. So yes, customers are obligated to obey it.

>I've noticed that the most popular rendition of freedom is understood by just one person...

I have no idea what you are trying to say in that sentence.

Date: June 12, 2023 09:32PM

The sentence is incoherent. If a "rendition of freedom" is "most popular," then it is by definition understood by the most people.

Date: June 12, 2023 09:40PM

I wanna see your grammar badge & credentials.

Date: June 12, 2023 09:42PM

You're a bore, GNPE. Didn't used to be, but you are now.

Date: June 12, 2023 09:46PM

perhaps 'understanding' or presentation is better; individuals tend to believe THEY have maximum freedom(s) superior to others.

I see this every day I drive here in Sequim; residents say they have the freedom to license their vehicles wherever they choose... Which coincidently happens to be cheaper licensing than Washington's

As a former trooper who works with Revenue & current troopers to abate this problem/challenge, I have first-hand info on this situation.

IOW, Freedom applies mostly to the first-person, not to others;

ask a homeowner whose house has caught fire due to the neighbors use of (often illegal) fireworks!

Date: June 12, 2023 09:55PM

You're well round the bend, buddy.

Date: June 12, 2023 10:14PM

I will (easily) respect your posts More than you respect mine;

but still, whether or not see my point and/or agree-disagree has lost its value bc U shift the focus instead of being substantial ...

Is that a result of a long history with ChurchCo? I suspect it is.

Example: your referring to the age of my nips; Irrelevant & Immaterial.

For a while I though better of your posts, but that's gone now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2023 10:15PM by GNPE.

Date: June 12, 2023 10:34PM

You've had a hard-on for me for years. In a single thread five or six people will criticize something stupid you say and you'll inevitably single me out for your counterattacks.

Your misogynistic arrogance has on several occasions reached absurd proportions, such as when you raise the most bizarre counterarguments on legal topics that you don't even remotely comprehend. Yet the idea that some broad might understand things better than you inevitably drives you ever further into lalaland, making claims that a kid with a ninth grade civics class under his belt would recognize as risible.

This thread is a case in point. Five or six posters have told you explicitly that you're descended into bad manners and/or incoherence but you trudge ever deeper into the mud. It's sad that you don't recognize the dictates of good taste.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 12, 2023 10:47PM

GNPE Wrote:

>
> For a while I though better of your posts, but
> that's gone now.

GNPE, this jab at Lot’s Wife (along with many others) demonstrates the old addage . . . “Dogs always bark when the Elephant walks by.”

Date: June 12, 2023 10:50PM

Putting aside the silliness in this thread (and ignoring that I think you just called me an elephant) are you back, Kathleen?

I've missed you!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.