Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 20, 2023 06:59PM

I needed a laugh tonight :)

More Crazy Dept:

https://www.wtrf.com/news/religious-leader-says-barbie-movie-has-demonic-influences-and-children-who-see-the-movie-will-behave-differently/

Religious leader says Barbie movie has “demonic influences” and children who see the movie will behave differently

A religious leader is telling the public to not see the newest Barbie movie because it has “demonic influences” and any child who sees it will behave differently.

Ivan Tuttle is the founder of Ivan Tuttle Ministries International located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Tuttle took to Facebook to warn the public of the new Barbie movie.

“It is full of Demonic influences and do not be surprised if your child suddenly starts to behave differently! The Lord showed me the Millions of Demons that will be released on your children! Don’t take this lightly. “They are Coming for Your Children!”
-- Ivan Tuttle

The Facebook post reached a lot of people, and Tuttle responded to those that have criticized him.

“Those that are sharing this post making fun of it, God loves you too. God sees who you are and He is there to help you. Just cry out to Him, He will help you. God Bless.”

According to his biography, Tuttle died once and was dead for about three hours, and during those three hours, he experienced hell and heaven and came back to life. Tuttle wrote a book about his experience called “A Journey To Hell, Heaven, and Back.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: July 20, 2023 07:22PM

Had no desire to see this, now I think I have to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2023 07:22PM by shortbobgirl.

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: July 20, 2023 08:07PM

I had absolutely no desire to see this movie…until I read this article.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 20, 2023 08:08PM

I live in TN. 30+ years ago I was training some operators on a new system for loading logs and doing bark removal in a computerized system at a papermill. Not particularly difficult programming wise nor difficult for an operator to use. However, one of the operators was extremely nervous operating the system via a mouse or a track ball. His hand was visibly shaking. I asked what was wrong. He said computers are of the devil. Sigh. I was had no response to that.

Date: July 20, 2023 08:41PM

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: July 20, 2023 09:01PM

I’m retired now, but I was a software engineer for 30+ years. I can attest to the fact that computers are, indeed, of the devil. But Satan paid well, so I have no complaints.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 20, 2023 09:30PM

There was even a constant named BadGuy in header files - 0x80000000, the most negative 32 bit number, which, somewhat weirdly, does not have a positive counterpart in 32 bits.

If BadGuy came up in a calculation, your software life was likely to take a tumble unless you were very careful.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 20, 2023 08:52PM

Maybe they saw a Ken doll naked and thought he has been having sex altering surgery?

Wait until they notice Donald Duck doesn't wear pants.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 20, 2023 09:10PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Wait until they notice Donald Duck doesn't wear
> pants.

WHAT ABOUT PLUTO???

Both God & Stan have mysterious powers, enhanced by exposed genitalia, ya know...

Date: July 24, 2023 10:18AM

when they get to the Real World in the film.

Posted by: Boyd KKK ( )
Date: July 21, 2023 08:32PM

Growing up it was "The Beatnick". Then "Elvis the Pelvis." That "black jive music".

Mormons know about the Apostle and Mick Jagger - the personal singer for Satan...

It is always something, anything... to keep people occupied, scared and donating money.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: July 21, 2023 08:57PM

This kind if thing seems archaic now, but putting on my 80s nostalgia hat, it was a widespread notion that Satan could get at you via seemingly ordinary objects. Playing cards, oija boards, role play games, even natural bodies of water... it was weird growing up amongst the kooks.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: July 21, 2023 09:11PM

My current plan is double featured. I'm going to watch Oppenheimer, which features a true evil, and immediately thereafter watch Barbie, to put me back in the right frame of mind.

Date: July 22, 2023 11:25AM

Gender Discrimination!

what about Ken???

there's another complete story for anyone who will dig up the Facts.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: July 22, 2023 02:46PM

Meanwhile a pregnant woman is killed in a mass shooting but it's a lot easier to be outraged by supposed demons in a movie.

Date: July 22, 2023 03:52PM

Shinehah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meanwhile a pregnant woman is killed in a mass
> shooting but it's a lot easier to be outraged by
> supposed demons in a movie.

More Profitable!!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 22, 2023 11:08PM

+1

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 22, 2023 03:03PM

So, let's see. God gave revelation to Ivan, but then instructed him not to talk about it for 35 years. Does God have really bad timing? Can he not manage a calendar?

https://www.ivantuttle.com/endorsements

It appears that Ivan earns his living through writing books and giving lectures. No shortage of the gullible, I guess. He has a "Giving" section on his website that takes amounts from $1.00 through $4,000.00. Why not more? He needs to do better with his grifting game.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 22, 2023 03:46PM

The grift continues.

Date: July 22, 2023 07:52PM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 22, 2023 11:10PM

+1

But that was a Truman decision and irrelevant to Oppenheimer's life and character.

Date: July 23, 2023 07:55PM

I wonder where those casualty forecast numbers originated, they seem Very High/exaggerated to say the least.

Truman's job was to prevent further U.S. & allied casualties, dropping the (now obsolete) A Bomb did that at the expense of the Japanese AND U.S. 'down winders' who became ill bc of testing deaths & illnesses, we shouldn't forget those folks.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 22, 2023 11:22PM

A small-minded critic of this kid's movie brings a new meaning to "shrimp on the Barbie."

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 23, 2023 08:10PM

Just saw that Barbie did $300+M at the box office so many would disagree with that idiot pastor.

Date: July 23, 2023 08:13PM

"Barbie" is an allegorical comedy.

It's not demonic, and it wasn't a commercial for Mattel.

It's more like "Wizard Of Oz" meets "Grease."

"Oppenheimer" is more about the man himself as it's based on the book "American Prometheus." Previous Manhattan Project films like "Day One" were more about the effort to build the atomic bomb rather than just Oppenheimer himself. Has some surreal dream sex sequences (which is why it has an "R" rating) but nothing obscene. Unlike previous films, this one was actually shot on location in New Mexico.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2023 10:15AM by anybody.

Date: July 23, 2023 09:03PM

Please read in The Atlantic by Anne Applebaum: "Is Tennessee A Democracy?"

The Rs do poorly at fair elections, that's why they're playing the Culture Wars card now + gerrymandering where they can get away with it, TN seems to be the primo example just now with TX & FL close runners-up.

Now I read that Ted Cruz is accusing the film of 'pushing Communist (or was it Chinese?) Propaganda' ...

My, how stupid & gullible he thinks movie audiences are!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2023 12:15AM by GNPE.

Date: July 24, 2023 12:19AM

10-4, good buddy!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 12:24AM

I don't go to theaters so when Barbie eventually shows up on my satellite movie channels I can ignore it there...but looking forward to watching Oppenheimer.

Date: July 24, 2023 09:34AM

Here in some theaters the Oppenheimer & Barbie are Paired as a double- feature..

Which genius thought THAT up?????

Date: July 24, 2023 09:39AM

I don't know, but apparently, it's a thing to see both on the same day. Go figure?

Date: July 24, 2023 10:11AM

Posted by: Northern_Lights ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 11:38AM

I am starting to think this pastors and leaders just like their flock isolated from the culture so when something is popular they invent reasons to avoid it.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: July 26, 2023 11:55PM

I just saw the movie poster. I don't plan to see the movie. I don't have small children, and I haven't been to a movie theater since Star Wars Ep IX.

But I saw the movie poster. The tag line is a turn-off.

She's everything.
He's just Ken.

I remember growing up watching Married with Children. I never liked the way the father was portrayed. I don't like the way men are treated in media, on TV, or in movies. It's gross.

I don't give my money or attention to any business that is disrespectful to men. Same thing if the movie poster were disrespectful to women or any other group.

No loss for the studio. I did not plan to see the movie in the first place. I'm sure they'll miss my $10 (or whatever movies cost these days).

Date: July 27, 2023 12:09AM

Wait until you hear how they portrayed women for decades in movies.

Can't we get a couple wins now and then? It's not like us Barbie girls get to have control of our own bodies or anything like men can, so it's kind of hard to hear men complaining about not being respected.

Date: July 27, 2023 01:58AM

Yup. I remember when my female boss on my very first job after college was told to her face that she would not be promoted (to a job for which she was the best qualified candidate) because she was not the correct sex. Told to her face. Men could get away with that back then.

But let's hear again how men are *so* disrespected.

Date: July 27, 2023 10:59AM

Years ago a boss told me why I didn't get a promotion. "We had to give it to Greg (male coworker with fewer accomplishments) because he has a wife at home, four kids and another on the way."

That's what women are talking about when they say they have to work twice as hard.
I think in many cases men are not used to having to compete in areas that now involve women (and sometimes more minorities) so they are feeling picked on for the first time. I do agree that men need to be treated with respect...equal respect, and equal rights.

Date: July 27, 2023 04:46PM

this thread is Declared OFFICIALLY OFF TRACK!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 30, 2023 05:45PM

Surely, he's talking about Klaus Barbie.

Date: July 30, 2023 06:13PM

Fortrefflig!

Posted by: I ( )
Date: July 31, 2023 12:13AM

July 27th, last Wednesday, was Barbie In A Blender Day

I don't know if he knew that.
I didn't until I heard it last week.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.