Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 11:41AM

I have no idea of the date on this, or who/where it was put out.

https://i.redd.it/c3xsdqarlqdb1.jpg

But I do have to say that there are more goals and requirements on this one sheet of paper than I have for my actual job, for which I am paid a goodly sum of money. If you want this much in the way of performance from me (or anybody,) you need to be forking out the cash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 11:50AM

With heavenly father's plan, you pay to be micromanaged.

Posted by: Finance Clerk ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 12:36PM

I think this came out just a few weeks ago. I remember some discussion about it here or elsewhere. It has to be pretty recent, as it has the new Jesus logo on it.

As an over the fence (no longer on it) member, I see/hear this kind of stuff and just yawn! I have no interest in doing or understanding the importance of even one thing on this list. It is so "not me".

It goes to prove the point that the members are expected to serve the church, not the other way around.

And why the emphasis in Latinos in 3b on the right column? Strange.

It's all wishful thinking on the hierarchy's part. Even most active members will look at this and go "Meh!"

I love how the church likes to set goals (and "challenges") for the members to accomplish to make them look better. How about set goals for yourselves to improve membership numbers and interest?
- recruit/hire lively music/entertainment for general conference
- get rid of the boring ass talks and get real motivational speakers
- improve youth/young adult attendance by bringing back "fun activities" (dances, sports leagues, road shows, etc.)
- get rid of bishops' interviews.
- quit building useless, ugly temples built to make it look like we are doing something with the extra billions of dollars held in reserve.
- how about distribute a large portion of the billions of dollars to members, stakes, and wards to use as THEY feel best.
- de-centralize the money hoarding. Keep at least 50% of tithing money local.

I'm sure there are a bunch more suggestions we could make for goals for the leadership.

Not for me. Thanks.

FC

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 01:06PM

> And why the emphasis on
> Latinos in 3b on the right
> column? Strange.

I, an insufferably proud Latino (AKA Lamanite), will speak to this issue!

I just spent a week in Utah, from July 13 to July 20. I did so in my guise as a Born Again Latino. Either through sin or sun, I am very brown...even Brown!

Of the seven mornings I was there, I ate breakfast the first six days at "Beto's," a chain of fast-food Mexican restaurants. There is no waitstaff; you order at the counter and carry your tray to whatever table you pick. And, of course, there is a drive-thru.

The staff are all Latino, from their Spanish, the ones I spoke with are all imports. I shopped at a Walmart twice, and I might as well have in SoCal, such as the percentage of Latino staff and clientele.

People working outdoors were all Latinos, except for what I suspect were the foremen; White men were in charge.

Utah is overrun with Latinos!

So it is my view that the Utah Large & in Charge mormons, in recognition of this blessing, are planning to convert them all!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 01:58PM

"White men were in charge."

Ammon and his brethren?

Posted by: Northern_Lights ( )
Date: July 25, 2023 01:11PM

I am not sure why this is not front and centre. They can still hate gays, and have a praise band.

There are young bigots, but they would have nothing to do with TSCC because it is so got dang boring. They have dropped they only truth claims so you need something.

I wonder how a charismatic Mormon off shoot would do, assuming it did not go to far off the rails and be all FLDS.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 01:53PM

Looks like all temple emphasis all the time.

Good luck with encouraging tithing faithfulness after the recent revelations in SLTrib. At least somebody is having revelations here!

Nothing abou encouraging more births. Afraid to put that one in writing?

Nothing about recognizing that women are of equal importance in the kingdom. Probably never occurred to them, because it’s not true.

Nothing about environmental stewardship.

And for EOD, I suspect if you had gone to one of those soda drive-thrus and ordered one of their trash+can size sodas made “dirty” by 5he addition of white and delightsome half and half, you would discover the staff there non-Latino.

Ditto the specialty cookie stores in Utah, like Crumbl. Giant sodas and cookies are the new secular sacrament in Utah. White women are allowed to serve, since it involves calories.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 01:57PM

Surrender your individuality and be absorbed by the collective.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 02:20PM

“MEASURES OF IMPROVEMENT
1.b. Increase the number of youth, adults, and new converts with tithing faithfulness, and current temple recommends.”

They said the quiet part out loud!

The best things in life are free
But you can leave them to the birds and bees
We want money!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 02:39PM

This should be given to all potential converts. It will scare the desire to join right out of them.

Here is an example:

'c. Encourage giving daily personal service at home, church, and in the community.'

How is that even possible? I am retired and could not perform personal service in all three areas in a single day, if I am reading that correctly.

Nothing in here about hobbies and having joy in life. It is all doing busy work for the corporation.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 03:58PM

Well, I fill my bird feeders every day. Does that count as service? lol

I think that having to constantly examine whether you are giving daily service to others is a miserable way to live. It's like constantly examining yourself for possible sin. I think that a good life has balance, and yes, that includes plenty of time for hobbies and other things that provide joy.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 03:34PM

Mormons. Making up visions since 1820.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 04:00PM

For a moment there I thought this was a new insurance product.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: July 24, 2023 11:24PM

The give away is the term "Area".

This is what the Area Presidency has established for their Utah area. So this has been discussed with Stake Presidencies and Bishopric's, and for now is most likely ongoing.

But notice the emphasis is on re-activation and keeping the minions on board and brain washed. To me this list is a list of desperation. They are loosing people and "money" fast. So now they are putting the pressure on a bunch of adminstrative volunteers who have day jobs to try and get things back to the way they were.

In this I can see the cards in the house beginning to bend.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 25, 2023 03:49AM

I wonder how that "enjoy paying tithing" metric is working out?

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: July 25, 2023 11:39AM

If you look in the far lower right corner of that picture, just below the LDS logo, you see initials or a name, and what appears to be 10/21.

So published in October 2021? And confirmed by the version in Spanish that someone else posted.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 25, 2023 12:06PM

This is representative of many many things Mormon. They print reams of the stuff that gets ignored.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2023 12:06PM by Elder Berry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.