Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: August 17, 2023 07:19PM

The Beast:

The mormon church knew I was coming months before I even arrived. It waited and watched, poised to possess me like it had done to so many others before me. No one was immune from it’s grasp. Even the mormon minions were ready to guide me into the jaws of the Beast from the moment I entered this earthly sphere.

Within days of being born I was held aloft in the Beast’s lair by a circle of men who pronounced a name upon me and “blessed” me that I was now theirs. Eight years later the Beast firmly sunk it’s claws into my soul by submersing me into a pool of water and made it official. I was now one of them.

Much indoctrination followed. Right from the start I was put into classes, along with other kids my age, and taught to obey without question. Nary a day passed without being reminded of who owned me and how I was obligated to respect my new owners. Yes, the Beast was very adept at pulling the unsuspecting into it’s domain and usurping what resources it could from them.

Years passed and before I knew it, I was out scavenging for more souls to feed to the Beast. Having enough was never enough. The Beast’s appetite was insatiable. My efforts were never enough. Trickery, invisible people, grandiose promises were some of the despicable tools used in this time honored ruse.

Soon, I had a partner and together we brought six more tiny souls into this world which pleased the Beast immensely. When we decided to take action to stop more souls from being born, the Beast became enraged. “How dare you to defy me?” the Beast roared, “these are my souls, bring me more!”

As time passed, I would catch a glimpse outside of the Beast’s Den and observed a whole new world I never knew existed before. The Beast sharply admonished me to stop looking and get back into the Den. But, I couldn’t stop thinking and wondering. Staying in the Den and letting the Beast continue to drain my soul of all useable resources wasn’t working for me anymore.

Leaving the Den wasn’t easy. The Beast stood firmly in the way and used it’s minions to also block the way out. Fearing total destruction of my soul weighed heavily on my mind. How would I stand any chance of survival on the outside? Continued appeasement of the Beast seemed like the best solution for now. But, still I wondered silently to myself.

One day, while taking small peeks outside, I noticed someone I once knew. They appeared to be happy. They weren’t wearing the clothes that the Beast required. They weren’t reading the books that the Beast approved of. They weren’t sitting in meetings while the Beast admonished them as sinners and demanding that they do more for him.

One day I brazenly decided to leave the Den and the Beast for good. I made a dash for the door and ran fast as I could as the Beast yelled at me, “Where will you go? What will you do”. Off came the Beast’s clothing, away went the books, and into the refuse bins went everything that reminded me of life in the Den.

I enlisted the help of a law person who specializes in removing claws that the Beast has sunk deep into the souls of those who want something better. The scars are still there and remind me often to never allow that to happen again. I see other Dens and steer clear of them.

The Beast is still there, still gathering souls, still extracting whatever resources it can from those remaining inside. But it no longer possesses my soul. To me, the ugly Beast is finished. Good riddance to the Beast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 17, 2023 07:47PM

Amazing.

Well done.

Both for getting out and then for describing it so aptly.

The Beast. The Den. Appropriate.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 18, 2023 04:25AM

Nicely told. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: August 18, 2023 08:06AM

Well done

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.