Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enish goon dosh ( )
Date: September 15, 2023 10:23PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: September 15, 2023 11:53PM

David George McConkie. BYU grad. Partner at Torbet Tuft and McConkie in Colorado Springs.

Lots of McConkies. How is he related?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 16, 2023 12:03AM

They call me Bruce
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oW96XddVZTo

It seems the HCO can't protect you after you leave BYU.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 16, 2023 01:18AM

He is accused of sexually assaulting a child over a period of more than nine years.

https://krdo.com/news/2023/09/15/former-el-paso-county-deputy-district-attorney-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-a-child-for-9-years/

He is no longer associated with his former law firm.

Date: September 16, 2023 08:27AM

I am still trying to confirm, but I believe he was a sitting stake pres when abruptly released earlier his year before the charges

Bruce R’s descendant

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: September 16, 2023 08:42AM

David George McConkie
was a former LDS stake president and deputy district attorney in Colorado, and paternal grandson of former Mormon apostle Bruce R. McConkie; arrested on August 30, 2023; charged in September 2023 with felony sexual assault on a child by someone in a position of trust

David McConkie Mormon Sex Crime Case Summary
David McConkie was a former Mormon stake president and deputy district attorney in Colorado. He was accused in 2023 of child sex abuse that allegedly took place between 2004 and 2013.

From December 2016 to November 2021, McConkie was an LDS stake president of the Colorado Springs East Stake, according to reports in the LDS-owned Church News.

FLOODLIT’s sources indicate that McConkie had previously served as a ward young men’s president.

https://floodlit.org/a/a720/

Date: September 16, 2023 09:02AM

Thanks, Eric. In researching a possible family link to Bruce R. McConkie, I found out that David's grandfather had his own troubles (he was involved in an investment scheme that took advantage of his position within the church to target the elderly, and which eventually went under.)

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2490310

Posted by: 3am ( )
Date: September 19, 2023 03:17AM

Thank you. We'll update the listing by tomorrow; we've received new information from multiple sources.

Date: September 23, 2023 04:17PM

https://www.kktv.com/2023/09/23/arrest-papers-obtained-former-colorado-deputy-district-attorney-accused-child-sexual-assault/

If he did, in fact, confess this horrific act to the church in 2008 and the church still put him in as a Stake President in 2011 and did not report the crime to authorities, how tragic. For the life of me, I cannot understand how churches get away with this. It may be legal, but in my opinion, morally reprehensible.

Shame on them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2023 04:52PM by enish goon dosh.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 23, 2023 05:14PM

My problem with church people is that they are downright stupid. They can't detect a wolf in sheep's clothing even when the wolf says they are a wolf (but okay now, promise).

You think I'm going to risk my family with these idiots?

Date: September 24, 2023 08:05AM

This is why I think it's wise not to put anyone on too high of a pedestal.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 23, 2023 09:38PM

The ChurchCo focus on perps skims over the principal of Repentance which, in both the Bible & LDS scriptures includes making the victim whole.

Some years ago (currently?)This was central to teachings regarding ‘violations’ of chastity, mostly with females as “victims”, including willing participants…

How could a victim of rape, incest, or other sexual crimes be made whole?

If someone had consensual or not sex with your under-age son or daughter, how could your child be made whole? What was the appropriate consequence?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.