Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 30, 2023 03:03AM

Just had an ad pop up on my phone selling jewelry made "from a piece of the temple".

Apparently, and they don't say how, these folds have pieces of various stones used in various temples that are cut and polished and turned into jewelry.

No matic powers were claimed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 30, 2023 11:27AM

Sheesh. How weird. They can put the temple stone in a setting with a synthetic diamond made with grandma's ashes.

This is making me think of Catholic relics. People claimed their piece of wood was from THE cross. Beware of Mormon trinket sellers if they say it was from a temple. I'm waiting for someone to claim they have JS's finger or blood for a tourist attraction.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 30, 2023 11:38AM

I could see the stone coming from the same quarry, but an actual temple -- how would that work?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 30, 2023 11:43AM

Ha. I found some on ETSY. Under them they said Nauvoo Remembered.

Nauvoo Remembered - LDS Temple Jewelry

Choose from a variety of jewelry made from the stone of your favorite temple. Click now to shop a variety of LDS jewelry. LDS Temple Stone Jewelry. Rings & Lockets. Free Shipping in the USA. Tie Clips & Lapel Pins. Over 100 Temples. Tie Tacks &...

What popped into my head was, 'Mormons will buy ANYTHING'---literally. If they are still buying the churches yarn in 2023 then why not a stone from your favorite temple? And if you want to be sure it's real, just pray and ask of God.If you get no answer then you know it's real. That's the way Mormonism works.

The way it's worded though it could just be the same kind of stone as your favorite temple is built from.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: September 30, 2023 11:48AM

I visited Nauvoo years ago before they rebuilt the temple, and there was still rubble from the old temple lying around. So I picked up a piece as a souvenir.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 30, 2023 11:55AM

My mom had some kind of clay looking brick from Nauvoo or some church history place. It's right up there with my piece of the Berlin wall (which I'm just suuuurrre is authentic too).

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 30, 2023 02:28PM

The only church merch worth getting is "hold to the rod." It's kind of funny.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.