Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 05, 2023 02:42AM

For me by pure and clean slate was shattered within 20 minutes, maybe less.

My TBM stepmother asked me if I felt different after being baptized. I didn't, but if I said I didn't I'd get a beating, so I lied my backside off about how special everything was.

So basically, lying withing 20 minutes, and headed to perdition at age 8.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 05, 2023 05:12AM

You were learning how to be a good Mormon, Heartless. I'll bet that you later lied to the bishop as well! ;)

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 05, 2023 08:37AM

Yup. After he explained masturbation to me, I knew to lie my backside off.

Of course denying it completely never works for men. Had to say oh once in s while, last time was over a month ago, and look real sorry and embarrassed.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 05, 2023 05:33AM

I remember the meeting before baptism, the elders showed us on a chalk board that all our previous sins were erased. I was totally perplexed, I couldn't think of one sin I'd done in my previous 8 years. That is when the seeds of doubt starting growing about the LDS church.

Posted by: ciena ( )
Date: October 05, 2023 07:39AM

The greatest sin I guess.
No not murder, I said to be perfectly white as snow right after baptism now and to always keep it exactly this way will not work!

Complete loss of respect for what parents were "selling" to me. Either it was corrupted thinking on their part or maybe I truly was this evil little spirit. Turned out, leaving stupid Mormonism was painful but priceless in value.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 05, 2023 04:08PM

I was in school suspended after fighting with a girl. She hit me with her lunch pail and I pushed her. And we wrestled on the ground. The yard duty teacher took me to the office. And while Mrs. Boiler had permission to spank me as much as she wanted. Mrs. Boiler showed restraint, but my mom didn't. I was spanked after school in the parking lot, and then another round before dinner. I never thought about the Holy Ghost or being unclean.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 06, 2023 01:22AM

That's 67 years ago so my recollections are a bit foggy...but I know I was enjoying me some sin by the time I was 11.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 06, 2023 11:55AM

I have never ever sinned.

Posted by: briantchrist ( )
Date: October 16, 2023 12:50AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have never ever sinned.

+1

Amen, bro. And many posting here don't seem to understand that neither has anyone else. :)

Posted by: insanitee ( )
Date: October 06, 2023 09:12PM

I never really deeply believed in the hooey being sold to me, so since disbelief is probably a sin on the level of adultery or murder, I’m sure I clocked in a sin the first time I didn’t share how I truly felt after being baptized.

I think the concept of sinning is purely a religious construct, so since I ditched religion like last night’s chutney, all I have to worry about is if I’m ethical - which, according to actual people vs. mystic unseen forces, I am.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 11, 2023 11:28PM

Within days after my baptism, I lied. I'd been left home to babysit three younger siblings. I was told not to go to the creek, which I did right after they left. Hey, I guess that's a sin, isn't it? I lied about going later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2023 11:28PM by donbagley.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: October 12, 2023 04:28AM

But somebody warned me both before and after the baptism that Satan would try to sway me from "the truth".

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: October 12, 2023 12:44PM

The next afternoon at sacrament meeting. It was fast Sunday so no food or water until we got home and had dinner. I was very thirsty so I went out to the foyer during the meeting and drank from the water fountain. I immediately felt guilty, but never confessed to the deed, so I suppose that sin is still with me.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 12, 2023 06:25PM

when I sinned after I was baptized. More than likely, my sisters and I argued. My mom was so stressed about us arguing and so it made it so we wouldn't be a forever family.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 12, 2023 07:07PM

I think the next day after my baptism was a fast Sunday. I was confirmed and feeling the weight of having a completely clean slate. I was very hungry fasting and snuck a cookie. I felt so ashamed and repented that night.

What a mind trip to do on a poor little 8 year old kid.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 13, 2023 10:11AM

I was always in trouble at church. I really needed to be baptized once a month.

You all have read about my really bad behavior at church: Climbing the stage curtains to reach the light fixtures, riding the table and chair carts inside the cultural hall, kicking the backside of the pews, flushing tithing slips down the toilet, turning off the light in the men's room and being irreverent in every manner.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 13, 2023 11:22AM

Fasting is such a horrible thing to impose on a hungry, growing child.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.