Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 14, 2023 05:06PM

Unfortunately I watched a video of Bednar doing one of his interviews. He was gloating about how successfully he was teaching missionaries to take their questions to the Holy Ghost for inspiration rather than to him. Frankly, it sound like a lesson on "Stop bothering me with your tedious spiritual questions cause I happen to know Mormonism is a crock".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 14, 2023 05:43PM

Among the Q15, he probably takes the prize for condescension. I feel sorry for his wife for having to live with him.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: October 14, 2023 09:50PM

Maybe not condescending but Holland really irritates me with his sad look and soap stories. Team Uchtdorf all the way.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 01:41AM

Holland really was a dud of an apostle. The silver Fox Uchtdorf shows how you do it. Have some charisma and uplift people. Don’t act like an angry sour puss and make the members feel like shit.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 01:43AM

Yet Holland has power and Uchdorf has a scrapbook.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 04:14AM

Uchtdorf talks about flying planes but Holland's talks crash and burn.

Date: October 15, 2023 02:05PM

Ha! Ha!

Date: October 15, 2023 02:32PM

There is something uplifting about Uchtdorf.

https://www.ldsliving.com/elder-uchtdorf-responds-to-questions-about-him-no-longer-being-a-counselor-in-the-first-presidency/s/87500

Bednar on the other side seams so harsh. Russel M Nelson does many changes. The "I am a Mormon" campaign got replaced with the word Mormon is a victory for Satan. I was expecting Nelson a physician to double up on welfare nope he is announcing more temples.

Date: October 15, 2023 01:38AM

I know someone who worked for Bednar. They said he’s hard to get to know and was kind of a strange duck. Bednar is probably going to be prophet and he could be prophet for quite a while.

Date: October 15, 2023 07:21AM

Well, he's not going to pull the members in with his charisma, at any rate.

Date: October 15, 2023 02:09PM

He will be a disaster. I had no Mormon friends who liked Monson. They enjoyed his talks and he made them feel good. The would like Uchtdorf. They think Russ is a nutter.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 11:44AM

I did get that letter from him years ago when I wrote to him about my gay boyfriend. I was given permission by a bishop. The things he said about me for taking up his dear sweet time were so horrible I had to burn the letter as I didn't want anyone to see it and think I was the person he said I was. It was devastating to me.

My dad sure would have liked to get his hands on that letter, but he didn't know about it until about 20 to 30 years later. He said he would have taken a full page ad in the SLT. I have never been treated that poorly by anyone I can remember, especially someone who didn't know me.

Date: October 15, 2023 11:48AM

Yeah, whatever happened to letting your secretary handle it? A good secretary can write something presentable that puts his or her boss in a favorable light. I used to do that all the time for my (very sweet) boss. I would walk it over to him and say, "Sign." He would read it over, sign it, and thank me for handling it for him.

Packer was a self-important bully. Brigham Young would have been so proud of him.

Date: October 15, 2023 02:14PM

Cl2 I am so sorry.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 12:16PM

It would seem that you would need to be a true blue GA worshiping TBM to not be put off by Bednar's condescension and arrogance.

Anyone else may be driven from the cult by his behavior (not a bad thing).

Date: October 15, 2023 04:30PM

Face to face Bednar told me he would meet with me on a project of mine. He never showed up to the meeting!!! Later he sent a flunky to tell me the project got dumped. An insider friend pulled me aside and told me it was dumped by him with no discussion before he had even talked with me about meeting!!! Jerk. He's both a liar and a coward. He could have just told me the project wasn't feasible and not wasted my time.

He's an ELDER and he won't let anyone forget it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 04:56PM

I am reminded of an incident when I was about 12 or 13...

If you think I'm juvenile now ...

My dog, Gordo, was following me home down the alley behind our house.  As dogs do, he stopped to investigate something worthy of investigation, and I kept going. When I got to our back gate, he was four houses back.

I waited for him so I could close the gate behind him.  He started jogging towards me when he finished scoping out whatever it was. As he passed behind the next property, a man stepped out into my view from behind a garage on the other side of the alley.  Then he broke into a bit of a run and kicked Gordo in the side. Gordo yipped and then broke into a run.

I was shocked.  I was rooted to the ground...  My eyes were on Gordo as he came scuttling to the gate.  I don't know if the man ever saw me, and I certainly don't know what he was thinking.  I hated that man from the instant on, even though he was a ward member.

A few months later, some buzz was going around about our bishop's possible release and who might replace him.  "Dog Kicker" was one of those mentioned as a likely candidate.  My outraged little mind started plotting on how to oppose him.

But then he dropped dead.  I swear I had nothing to do with it, but I raised my arm to the square in support.

I'm sorry that ghawd didn't avenge you, Pooped, as he did me.  And now it's too late for me to put in a good word with him for you.

Date: October 15, 2023 05:22PM

If there were a ghawd I think your word would carry more weight than most if ghawed is partial to sincerity, old dogs, and dog lovers. You might just give it a try! Bednar is still walking and talking and nothing would give me more pleasure than to see him make a royal behind of himself in a very public and damaging way.

Poor Gordo! I can't think of anything much worse than a dog kicker. Maybe Karma has some power.

Date: October 15, 2023 05:43PM

People who would willfully abuse animals are capable of any atrocity. I'm glad that Karma got your dog's abuser, EOD.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 05:46PM

+1

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 16, 2023 10:34AM

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: October 16, 2023 01:54PM

Nope. Bednar wins that contest.

He is horrible. I listened to him last night because I wanted to see him in an exchange between faithful adult members and himself. No children to push around this time--- thank heavens.

People in the audience were called on by Bednar. He would not acknowledge anyone's thoughts or experiences as being especially valid, he always had the better answer.

I wonder what kind of relationship he has with his kids.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 16, 2023 02:55PM

Invalidation of one's feelings and experiences is awful. I think it's a hallmark characteristic of a narcissist.

-I wonder what kind of relationship he has with his kids.

Wouldn't know but it's probably one where he talks and the kids listens. No exceptions.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: October 16, 2023 03:29PM

Thanks to having my brain permanently wired by the Correlation program I automatically made a word substitution in what you wrote.

It's "wonderful", not "condescending".

Is anyone more wonderful than Bednar?

The answer is "No" with the exception being the holy Apostles who have more seniority than him. First and foremost the most wonderful of all is the Holy Nelson and then comes Holy Oaks and Holy Ballard.

I hope this clarifies things :) Thank God for the Correlation program wiring my brain to think according to the plan in SLC. If it wasn't for that wondrous program then I might end up on some other path in life besides just strictly obeying the Brethren.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: October 16, 2023 03:38PM

Now yes Bednar does treat everyone below him like a bunch of turds and reminds all of us how superior he is compared to us. It can be so humiliating and for those not fully programmed to be good obedient Sunbeams he must come across as being a really mean nasty person.

But its all fine because I'm wired to be a good little Sunbeam. In fact there's even a song for all of you to learn to sing that goes to the tune of that Primary song "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam". It will help prepare you for when Bednar outlives all the ones ahead of him and he becomes the holiest of all the holy Apostles and then goes into overdrive on how he treats us little people. Here are the lyrics:

Bednar wants me for a doormat to shine for him each day.
In every way try to please him, at home, at school, as slaves.
A doormat, A doormat, Bednar wants me for a doormat ...

I hope you get the idea :) Bednar is the Holy Man :)

Posted by: mrbeel51 ( )
Date: October 19, 2023 10:44PM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 19, 2023 10:50PM

Ewwww. Temple tour.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 19, 2023 11:08PM

Luckily, I probably won’t be alive-breathing or at least cognizant when he is slated to ascend, Lucky Me! (as if I truly cared…)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 24, 2023 09:06PM

I blow my nose in his general direction.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 24, 2023 09:27PM

Did you just say that in a French accent?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.