Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: October 14, 2023 08:57PM

Can a male RM hold a temple recommend if their hair length is way past their shoulders, and they also have a big mustache?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 14, 2023 09:02PM

This is an area in which EOD may have valuable insights.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 14, 2023 09:07PM

Yes.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 12:21AM

I also don’t think it is a rule change. Hair length has never been disqualifying for a TR, though it has been disqualifying for other things.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 12:29AM

It can depend on the stake president.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 12:33AM

Bishop as well.

I had one who would not just ask the questions, but demand you to answer his questions on top of the questions.

That was the last time I ever went for a TR, it was my way out since my wife figrues I was\am pissed at him, but to this day he has no idea he did me a huge favor.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 11:47AM

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 06:14PM

When I first read your first line... My SIL has a beard...my mind read it as My Sister-in-law has a beard....

Made me snort my coffee.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 07:02PM

That's how I read it, sister-in-law, and I was perfectly satisfied with that interpretation!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 15, 2023 11:12PM

Lotta TBMs I know up here have facial hair and are regular temple attendees. I think it's less stringent here compared to Utah and S Idaho.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 16, 2023 10:15AM

I told you about the church leaders running off teenager boys being run off because they had long hair in the 1980s.

They also didn't like my short haircuts as a football player. They priesthood advisors told my mom that until I got a reverent haircut, I would not be allowed to bless the sacrament. It was fine by me!

On the 2nd week of my restriction. Only two priests out of 5 in the quorum showed up.

Guess who was asked to help out?

I think I asked Brother Blowhard- So Heavenly Father isn't outraged with my hairstyle this week?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 17, 2023 04:37PM

They strain at a gnat but swallow a camel.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 17, 2023 06:09PM

When I toured the Washington, D.C. temple after its most recent renovation, I saw many Mormon families waiting in line to enter. They were easy to pick out, due to having a certain look. Many of the Mormon families obviously wanted to show the temple to their younger children.

Virtually all of the men had the regulation haircut, meaning acceptable for missionary work. I recall only seeing one young Mormon father (in the requisite white shirt and tie,) with longer hair. Even then, it wasn't *really* long, just below the collar length. He stuck out in the crowd!

This might be a good point to mention that in college, I took a temporary fancy to a young man with glorious, waist-length brown hair. We remain friends to this day. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.