Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: October 26, 2023 11:59PM

16 year old son may be in danger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQix5VQmiY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2023 12:00AM by Twinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 27, 2023 12:07AM

Requests that the story be shared.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 12:16AM

Swell. They shouldn't have any problem finding fellow nut jobs here in Idaho to rapture or do doomsday stuff with.

That poor kid. He's going to need therapy if he can get away. I hope for the best for them.

Idaho is extraditing nut job Lori Daybell to Arizona for a trial there. It sounds like we're getting some nut job replacements from AZ.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 12:30AM

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 09:07AM

That's a link to their main page, which of course changes the lead story every day. I couldn't find the specific link to that story.
Today's lead is about a woman suing her fertility doctor for impregnating her with his own sperm 34 years ago. She found out through an at-home ancestry DNA test for her daughter.

How much you want to bet the doctor is LDS? I know of two similar cases, one in northern Virginia, and I forget the location of the other one, and in both cases the doctor turned out to be LDS. In the virginia case, most of his clientele was LDS, so kids in northern Virginia who married another Mormon might well be marrying a half-sibling.

[Doc is trained at Northwestern University, and is in his mid-seventies now. I could find no information one way or the other about LDS membership],

Mormonism's f****d-up attitudes about sex leads to some pretty pathological behavior.

What is is it about northern Idaho? They get way more than their fair share of pathological people.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 04:20AM

The Vallow/Daybell gang strikes again

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 05:31AM

From the article --

"In working with Idaho law enforcement, Ben learned surveillance footage showed Blaze, Spring and Abi did land at the Boise Airport on Monday. They got into a white Lexus SUV with pink tow hooks on the front driven by Brooke. A dealer plate was on the back of the vehicle, according to Ben. 'It’s been outfitted for off-roading, so it has big 33-inch tires and a lift. We think they’re commuting still, so we don’t think they’re hunkered down in the mountains,' Ben says. EastIdahoNews.com called Abi and Brooke Thursday but their phones went straight to voicemail. Spring’s phone appears to have been disconnected. Hours later, Ben received credible information that the group used passports to enter Canada, which makes sense to Brayden."

I hope that law enforcement officers find the boy. His dad says that Blaze worked very hard to get on his school's football team, and that there is no way he would be doing this voluntarily. The dad has full custody, and he desperately wants his son back.

What a bunch of religious whack-a-doodles! They were regular, church-attending CoJCoLDS members, too. They just went completely off the rails. I wonder how they think they're going to live once their $4,000 runs out?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 05:50AM

The topic of this thread is so disturbing that I've had a hard time entering the discussion. But your point is important.

At some point Mormons need to realize that it's not people going off the rails so much as the rails themselves that are the problem. Again, a religion or political ideology that requires people to surrender their moral judgment and common sense is by definition abusive--and extraordinarily dangerous.

Date: October 27, 2023 06:03AM

Yes, it proves that what happened to this family could happen to a number of other CoJCoLDS families as well. While it could happen in any church or religious institution, I think that Mormonism has a particular propensity for it.

Date: October 27, 2023 06:39AM

That is exactly what I think. And that's why I said "religion or political ideology," since both lead to the same sort of lemming-like disasters.

Mormonism is a great example of a much larger, if more subtle, problem.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 08:15AM

Religion and its adherents benefit from a certain fortune of human nature. Most of us are unwilling to go "all in". So the extremist preachers and pastors and rabbis and imams get to make outrageous claims, with the most absurd utterances ignored by the "moderate majority" who can't help but maintain a healthy connection to reality. But those who claim to know the will of God get exactly what they preach for from the people who sincerely internalize that they're "in the world, but not of the world". And the moderates provide cover for the whole affair.

Date: October 27, 2023 08:28AM

Agreed.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 04:53PM

I agree. All these nut jobs are created in the LDS petri dish

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 04:57PM

"The Man Who Would Be King" (1975) -- Ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twF0Aa7GVJA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2023 05:09PM by anybody.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 08:56PM

There’s an asshole for every seat. 1% own most the assets because people are dumb as fuck.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 09:36PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/family/mormon-mom-takes-off-with-son-16-whom-she-believes-was-chosen-by-god-in-the-second-coming-of-christ/ar-AA1iYwUx?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c356f9f2fb2a42b9a35f78acc794ce6f&ei=94

She also engaged in energy healing sessions, which caused him to become concerned. Ben Thibaudeau suggested they “talk to our ecclesiastical leader,” and their bishop advised Spring to “stop if she wanted the marriage to survive,” the father revealed.

She reportedly took a step back from the energy healings — which is discouraged by the church’s handbook — but eventually started having dreams and drew their daughter into her obsession, Ben Thibaudeau claimed.

Both women started having dreams and they felt the need to start stocking up on emergency supplies.

“She started spending a significant amount of money on food prep. She was buying a lot of winter gear, even though we live in Arizona. She was buying tents. She was convinced that the saints would have to gather in the last days up in the mountains, and she was preparing for that,” Ben Thibaudeau revealed.

-I wonder how many MLM's this mom has been involved with.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 27, 2023 09:43PM

Too close to Washington State for my comfort.

just say’in

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 12:51AM

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/10/charges-filed-against-doomsday-mother-and-uncle-of-missing-teen/

From the court filing:

"By all appearances, the child was taken against his will and is now fully caught up in her doomsday beliefs, beyond the reach of Father at the moment. Mother and her group have cut off all communication with the outside world, and Husband is painfully aware of how other such doomsday cases between here and Idaho have turned out.”

The court documents reference the Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow Daybell case, with Shields noting Spring believes herself to be a “chosen prophetess,” and “the group’s belief in their super-elite chosen status as messengers of the last days is particularly chilling.”

Chilling indeed.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 07:49AM

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/10/missing-teen-blaze-thibaudeau-has-been-found-safe-with-doomsday-mom-uncle-and-sister/

A missing 16-year-old boy from Arizona were found safe with his mother, uncle and sister in Alaska Friday night.

Blaze Thibaudeau was at the Alcan Port of Entry along the eastern Alaska border when US Customs and Border Protection agents found him, according to an announcement from the Gilbert Arizona Police Department and FBI Phoenix Field Office.

He was with his mother, Spring Thibaudeau, his uncle Brook Hale, and his sister Abi Snarr. Spring and Brook were arrested on extradition warrants and turned over to Alaska State Troopers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2023 07:50AM by anybody.

Date: October 28, 2023 07:54AM

Excellent news! Blaze will be so relieved to be reunited with his father.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 12:42PM

Date: October 28, 2023 12:58PM

Yup, another 'Freedom of Religion' case headed for the courts (sad)...

/s

Date: October 29, 2023 03:00PM

The dad has custody, which was a good chunk of the reason why they were able to issue a warrant. Religion didn't have anything to do with the lawful retrieval of the minor child.

Date: October 29, 2023 06:35PM

I was referring to the Doomsday attitude of the people who did the abduction - kidnapping.

Date: October 29, 2023 02:58PM

The promoted belief in the impossible as truth makes this craziness possible!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 29, 2023 04:06PM

Date: October 29, 2023 04:07PM

I've seen EOD fly.

Date: October 29, 2023 05:54PM

EOD's fly?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: October 29, 2023 06:01PM

Twinker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EOD's fly?

On the wall.

Or sometimes off it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.