Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 01:48PM

Apparently, there are no fashion trends in the CK; everyone wears sheets.

Probably no skateboarding...  No cage fighting...  

Hunting, fishing, sailing?

I think being incapable of imperfection is going to suck.  There would be no point in watching Jeopardy because not only do you know all the answers, you know what the questions will be.

Nobody has secrets; everybody sees you even when you close the curtains and turn out the lights...

You have kids, and while you know the paths their lives will take, you have to let it all play out so that they don't bitch and moan about it.  

There will be no end to plodding step by step along a path that holds nothing new for you, ever.

The imperfection of the TKs starts to look pretty good!  And the poor suckers in the CK can't enjoy what we'll have because if they do visit, they already know they visited, along with what they did during the visits!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 02:12PM

You will not have time for hunting fishing sailing since you will be constantly praising god for eternity.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 02:16PM

Everyone will rule and reign in the House of Israel forever, so the CK is a giant bureaucracy. Kind of like Santa's workshop but with the elves having a lot more authority.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2023 02:19PM by bradley.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 02:32PM

You would be so busy trying to fit in "quality time" with your innumerable offspring, most of whom you barely know. Don't even think about recreation.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 05:31PM

But thinking about it is how it happens!

Oh wait, I read 'procreation'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2023 05:32PM by bradley.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 02:34PM

There is something about making it to the CK makes me think of lobotomized people working an assembly line. The natural man is an enemy to God, so becoming artificial is the way to please God and have the same mansion as everyone else.

So naturally, I'm headed for one of the TKs.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 04:34PM

That's what always bothered me about heave, after the first couple of days, what is there to do, it's all the same.

How can that be heaven? No hunting or fishing, nothing new to learn and experience. Scary.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 04:51PM

Even if you have time for golf, wouldn’t every shot be a hole in one?

Date: October 28, 2023 05:23PM

Exactly so!  And thus, the question becomes, "What can a ghawd do to have fun?"

As much as I enjoy boinking, if you know you don't even have to buy her/him/it a drink, where's the fun?

Imagine never wondering, "What if I ...?" because you already know the future.

When one wonders about it sufficiently, what is the attraction of being omniscient?

I wouldn't say nay (or, in Glady's case, neigh) to eternal life, but omniscience and omnipotence (which I'd like to think I already have) might be impediments to actually wanting to get out of bed in the morning.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 04:58PM

animals in the CK? says Who (or Whom)?

Date: October 28, 2023 05:25PM

"One wonders if being a nudist precludes bonding with dogs and cats?"

--Judic West, pet detective

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 09:03PM

Animals never put on their own clothes, they BARELY tolerate humans dressing them except for necessary cold-weather gear.

Date: October 28, 2023 09:34PM

That just gave me an idea. Maybe I could dress up my doxie as a temple matron with a little green apron and baker hat.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 28, 2023 10:03PM

That would be adorbs! And of course dogs love to be dressed. Some people just think everyone likes to run around nekid. My girl has been wearing her Halloween dresses the last couple of weeks then it will be time for the harvest dresses. I just got some cute new plaids from Temu too. At night it has been cold so she is wearing her lovely cable sweaters a very sweet woman makes. If you need sweaters let me know. She will even make them custom for you so they are long enough for a Doxie :)

Date: October 28, 2023 10:28PM

So precious! Good to know about the sweater lady.

My doxie does not like to be dressed. She hides if she even sees a leash. She is gaining weight and refuses to do anything resembling exercise. I'm terrible because I let her get away with it.

My last doxie loved to be dressed. She could hardly wait to show off her hot dog costume at Halloween.

I had two teeny poodles years ago. They were a hoot to dress in costumes and loved their sweaters in the winter.

I'm amazed at how different their personalities can be.

Your babies sound adorable and so loved.

Posted by: Lucy2 ( )
Date: October 29, 2023 05:51PM

Seems I can't sign in.

I thought after the temple that the CK would be everyone doing temple work all the time and wearing the temple clothing all the time and the garments. And if the leaders decided to change the style, then you just have to deal with it.

As for dressing dogs! I've always had boy dogs and one wore a devil costume for Halloween, but none of the rest ever have. This dog I have now won't even keep his harness on so I can't walk him. I took him to the park (where dogs are allowed) with my sister, BIL, and my 2 brothers and he got out of the leather tether he was tied up with so he wouldn't run after the kids there. He got out of the leash and harness 5 times and my disabled brother picked him up and put him in the car. My BIL said his name should be Naughty Dog. I've never had a dog or taken care of any dogs like this one. He wears this old lady out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.