Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 01, 2023 12:04AM

I may be wrong but I think the singers are four of EOD's ex-wives, who seem not to have gotten over him.

But seriously, what woman could?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xv_ouDbd70

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 01, 2023 01:30AM

Date: November 01, 2023 01:32AM

Date: November 01, 2023 01:39AM

Tainted Love is my second favorite.

They're quite a group, aren't they?! Been doing this for eight or nine years now.

Date: November 01, 2023 01:43AM

And here's one for Dave--assuming it counts as disco, which I do not know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzswFSJjRE

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: November 01, 2023 07:56AM

...some consider the original of the song cited to be disco, while others don't. I tend to fall in to the latter category as the song does not have a continuously thumping bass drum line like, say, The Hues Corporation's "Rock The Boat," which Billboard magazine considers to be the first disco recording to reach number one on the pop charts.

Fun fact about the original version of this song. Patti LaBelle, the lead singer on the hit recording of this song, did not realize for at least twenty years after the original was released, that "Lady Marmalade," was about a brothel in New Orleans, per a side note about this song that showed up in Rolling Stone magazine in the early 2000s.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 01, 2023 11:24AM

a) LW mentions Four former wives, but what about the others? I'm sure they're offended / feeling shunned - left out...

b) the instrumentalists were his BP, SP, & h.t. companions!

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 01, 2023 04:48PM

OMG, I think I'm in love. Do I need permission to date any or all four of these adorable singers? I'm partial to the one with the red hair, but holey moley, they got my foot a tappin.

Date: November 01, 2023 05:54PM

Hahaha!

They're pretty cool, aren't they? It's remarkable that two sisters could form such a group and that they could do everything from costumes and choreography to music and production. One of them, Erika Lewis, who is second from the right, has her own career; but they make a great team.

I think the key is that they are intentionally campy, which works a lot better than trying to do what the original artists did. It also excuses the fact that their articulation of English isn't perfect. But in an era of simplistic and overly processed music what they do is a lot of fun!

Date: November 01, 2023 07:52PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.