Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 05:31PM

Forensically speaking, when future explorers return to a war-ravished Earth, and start digging through the wreckage, tattoos and flesh-metal will help them establish the birth years of those bodies they uncover, at least for the 1900s and the 2000s.

My body (obviously still worth gazing upon) will have not a single tattoo nor the tiniest bit of metal on it.  That will help establish the decades of my birth.

Probably by that time, textbooks will exist that will allow explorers to date the approximate year of birth of the bodies they find, based on the where and what of the tattoos and metal accouterments.

Do your age, paint, and pieces support or negate my postulate?

I am very much a fan of my mormon-lineage offspring getting tatted and pierced because it marks them as departed from main-road mormonism at the least and wholly severed at most (and best).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 05:58PM

The tattoos, being flesh, will disintegrate in time. The titanium metal pins and plate holding my lower leg together will endure far longer than the rest of my body. :)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 06:07PM

Don't let our elfin friend deceive you. He has a tasteless tramp stamp that his low rider Levis do not adequately conceal.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 06:44PM

When archeologists in 2523 exhume us, they'll be bewildered by titanium joints and silicone implants. The only things left in our coffins.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 08:49PM

stillanon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When archeologists in 2523 exhume us, they'll be
> bewildered by titanium joints and silicone
> implants. The only things left in our coffins.

Assuming, of course, that the archeologists aren't themselves made of titanium and silicone.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 01:37PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 06:34PM

Nah. They'll just be thinking, people actually walked around on those? What primitive technology!

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 06:57PM

I suppose it is a moot point for those of us who have a wish to be cremated. I imagine that my artificial hip will be reduced to ashes as well :)

Date: November 04, 2023 07:15PM

Is it a branch from an oak tree?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 08:03PM

My artificial knees are expected to survive cremation. By then it will no longer be a problem for me.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 08:10PM

Given how much gets documented these days, one way or another, I wonder if anything from today that gets exhumed in a millennium or two will be mysterious at all.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 10:05PM

The total amount of time I have spent wondering if future archeologists would be able to determine the exact year of my birth is, um, zero.

Date: November 04, 2023 10:34PM

Being able to obtain clues from your corpsical might be useful if they have no other means to date the layer where you're found!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 04, 2023 11:04PM

When I cremated my mom the funeral home asked if I wanted her artificial knee joint. No thanks.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 12:06AM

I wonder what they will think when they find statues of men holding a long golden funnel in their mouths.

Date: November 05, 2023 01:58AM

Okay, that was my second outloud LOL this year.

Thank you!

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 07:15AM

There will be a special study of corpses with tattooed hula girls from the 40s and 50s that will be the subject of someone's thesis as they reject your 1990s-2000s dating method hypothesis.Even more specialized will be those specimens with the "LOVE MOM" grouping.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 11:18AM

LOL. Add flaming skulls!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 06:41PM

I despise tats and metal

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 08:33PM

I have to admit I do too! Those full sleeve tats just look like someone hasn't washed in a long, long time.

And the metal? If a waitress has the nose thing that looks like she didn't blow her nose properly, I almost can't stomach the food.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 05, 2023 06:58PM

My cobalt chrome and titanium knees will doubtless be recycled after I get toasted. As for tats...I have none but have considered getting one in tribute to my beloved late wife....stay tuned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2023 10:26PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 06, 2023 01:24PM

The only people who stopped in the middle of Nevada to help our car with a broken timing belt were some kind people with beards and arm tattoos. For nearly an hour, I was watching various clean shaven business looking men in suits whiz by without stopping.

Battle Mountain can be a lonely place to be stuck on the side of road.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 08, 2023 03:53PM

the LDS GAs are/would only be happy / happier in a Time Warp back to the years between the Korean Conflict and the VietNamese 'police action'.

Unemployment was low, women could work as secretaries, nurses, and flight attendants, but were mostly excluded from other occupations (with exceptions).

There was no internet, nudity in media was almost non-existent, and the overall view was happy and/or apathetic.

By & large, individuals were apathetic, demuring to authority, not challenging the status quo.

The church was growing in friendly places like Cali & the PNW.

Tats were 'tramp stamps', very few knew about much less opted for metal adornments (church employees now???)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.