Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mommy ( )
Date: November 20, 2023 02:17PM

The bishop had interviewed me and I didn't want to go. My parents had not heard about the baptisms. I turned off all the phone ringers in the house because I knew they would be calling. Lucky they did not show up to the home to pick me up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lousyleper ( )
Date: November 20, 2023 04:10PM

They would be handed a cease and desist order! *smirk*

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: November 20, 2023 04:55PM

I just never signed up to go. I don't think you needed a recommended in my era. If one did. I never got that recommend.

Posted by: Lousyleper ( )
Date: November 20, 2023 05:50PM

I had to have one. I guess being a brand new convert didn't amount to much.

Numbers.. All we are is numbers.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 24, 2023 12:42AM

And mom believed all of Blowhard's crap about having special revelation about me needing to attend to please God. So even though I had been explicitly instructed to stay home on Saturday to help my dad, she threw me under the bus and apologized for not having my church clothes pressed.

Today, I think you could tell them that you were having your lips botoxed and church leaders would be okay with it.

I just remembered getting creamed with a dodgeball in 7th grade and needing to see the orthodontist because my inside lip was wedged by a wire. I missed a Scouting meeting (when the church endorsed it) and they had a fit for me being absent. I was told to plan better and not get hurt on Scout night.

Posted by: Zelph the Apostate ( )
Date: November 26, 2023 12:02AM

First in line... one bloody nose later and it ruined it for everybody else.

The nice cron who drove us there Hardanger me "such things happen when you don't tell the bishop the truth."

....still doesn't compare to a flood of brown on ghawds holy ground while wearing the naked poncho.... hummm, might be a theme here....

They won't let me soil the cardboard of the celestial kingdome.....

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 26, 2023 02:32PM

Glad to meet you. I have allergies really bad and I used to have bloody noses all the time. I had to get up and leave the priesthood anniversary or whatever it is in May as I got a bloody nose. It just starts to run and you don't know it is coming. So I was the pianist that day.

So I did baptisms and I got a bloody nose and they had to go wait until I was done with my list before they'd let me go, so we all stood there in the water waiting. It seems they put something in my nose and we continued. They were not pleased, but they didn't tell me I had lied to the bishop!!! Of all things.

Another time I had pink eye and so I didn't "get to" go. I always thought it was okay to do until the bitches wouldn't give me a towel until I tossed them my monkey suit. Send you to the temple and then strip you in many ways. I thought they believed in modesty.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: November 26, 2023 11:34PM

It seemed the normal thing to do when I was a kid. I wasn't allowed to--lucky me. I'd had rheumatic fever and wasn't allowed in "pools" or places where I might get germs again.

Oh, I felt so deprived. Not! Even as a kid I knew this is was something I didn't want to do. I don't remember why. Maybe because it made me feel special to be excluded.

I do remember getting baptized at the SL Tabernacle. One of my grandmothers came and gave me a quarter.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 12:26AM

we see in many ways the 'Core things of Mormonism' are nearly 100% Shallow and superficial.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 07:39PM

I went once. It turned into water fight. The overseer was pissed. I was not invited back. Was my last time in a temple. Has anyone gone more than once? Always wondered that.

Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 07:44PM

Brother or sister blank. I baptize you on behalf of blank, who is dead. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, amen.

Ahhhh.. witnessing baptisms.., turned my white suit yellow. So much chlorine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2023 07:44PM by lousyleper.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.