Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wolf not Sheep ( )
Date: November 24, 2023 09:21AM

Jist a vent here so bear with me. Everytime I hear the words "beloved prophet," i want to stick a fork in my ears. Can the church get any more sycophantic and culty? The Muslims have a copyright on the term "beloved prophet," since they have been using it for 1500 years in reference to Mahomet. Mahomet actually started a huge worldwide religion. RMN changed the name from Mormon to TCOJCOLDS. Oh, and gave us two hour church. For heavens sake, when the church released their new policy on conservation they just had to put the line in there about how excited the members are when "the beloved prophet," announces the new temples. As an exmember I find this nonsensical veneration to be disgustingly cultish and it made me want to leave the church. The flourish "beloved prophet" constitutes Safe and Effective language at church and signals between stalwart Morons their stature in the cult and their worthiness of special honors.

Let me give you an example. Its "dearest and beloved leader. Even the survivor of plane crashes. Even the repairer of our broken hearts. Even the clarifier of organizational nomenclature. Even the shortener of sabbath gatherings. Even the declarer of temples. Even our global faith partner and carbon reducer. Even the destroyer of Hinkleyfied blasphemies. Even, the beloved prophet, Russell M Nelson."

Lettest thou, o great and beloved prophet, droppest thou thy carbon emissions, whilst buyyinge up alle ye farmlande in Nebrasca... usest thou all ye lasteste buzzwords for to aggree with thy globall stakeholdere partners.
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/bishop-causse-caring-for-gods-creations

To guide our sustainability efforts across our wide range of operations, we have identified six major priorities.

First, we strive to increase our energy efficiency and use of renewable energy sources. For example, we recently reported on the numerous solar energy projects we have implemented GLOBALLY — over 500! We are actively evaluating the feasibility and advantages of various energy solutions and opportunities.

Our second priority is to conserve water through WATERWISE landscape design, SMART technology use, and water management plans, particularly in areas affected by drought. The grounds of the Red Cliffs Utah Temple, which was just constructed near St George, Utah, are a good example. As you can see in these pictures, we developed new landscaping adapted to this desert area, using low-water-usage plants. While water consumption has been dramatically reduced, the result is still stunningly beautiful.

Next, we seek to avoid material waste through reduction, reuse and recycling; packaging solutions; and building methods. Recently, we approved the TRANSITION from 40-70% recycled plastic to 100% recycled plastic in our sacrament cups. Working with third-party consultants to evaluate various SUSTAINABLE alternatives, we discovered that the sacrament cups made from 100% recycled plastic will reduce overall carbon EMISSIONS compared to our current cups and even paper cups.

Our fourth priority is to improve air quality and reduce emissions caused by our transportation methods, such as improving the fuel efficiency of our GLOBAL vehicle fleet. This includes the use of HYBRID and electric vehicles as they become available and VIABLE for different uses.

Fifth, we strive to practice sustainable design, development and construction of our buildings. If you have watched general conference over the past few years, you know the THRILL of waiting for our BELOVED prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, to announce the construction of new temples in DIVERSE places around the world. As we build these beautiful houses of the Lord and other facilities, we are mindful of the materials, site selection and methods needed to support their long-term operations and maintenance in an environmentally SOUND manner.

Finally, we PRIORITIZE sustainable farming and ranching practices in our operations around the GLOBE. This includes the use of cover crops, crop rotation, no-till farming, grazing management, greenhouse gas CAPTURE and other best practices. These practices support land productivity and help reduce negative environmental IMPACTS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notintoit ( )
Date: November 24, 2023 12:16PM

ComeUntoChrist is the latest movie extravaganza push since canning the Mormon name and they all come out of their own cinema set in Goshen Utah.

It really doesn't get more manipulative and deceptively dishonest than this.

Just another ravaging wolf in sheep's clothing.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: November 24, 2023 10:24PM

...the phrase became "beloved profit."

Probably not!

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: November 24, 2023 10:25PM

99% are not Mormon, do not know who Nelson is, and do not care.

If he is a remarkable person in any way, he's hidden it well. The vast majority have never noticed it. Russell M Nelson? Who?

The claims his PR flaks make for him are laughable.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 24, 2023 11:46PM

All of the prophets are beloved, and all are fairly rapidly forgotten after they die, because the new prophet is beloved. Belovedness is apparently 100% recyclable.

Posted by: lawr3nce ( )
Date: November 25, 2023 06:42AM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All of the prophets are beloved, and all are
> fairly rapidly forgotten after they die, because
> the new prophet is beloved. Belovedness is
> apparently 100% recyclable.

Yeah, look at how quickly Tommy and his "I'm a Mormon" campaign were thrown under the bus.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 25, 2023 10:12AM

It took Rusty 18 years to get the job done . . .

But I can see that compared to Eternity, that’s just a flash in the pan.

Posted by: DonťLaugh ( )
Date: November 25, 2023 12:22AM

Isn't the jailed Warren Jeffs still somebody's "beloved Prophet" who was unfairly judged and then subsequently incarcerated?

I guess they still have their beloved prophet inside their own little mind, somehow!

Funny how that works.

Posted by: Alien Weaponry ( )
Date: January 27, 2024 07:03AM

Half the FLDS ran off when he got incacerated.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 25, 2023 10:47AM

Perhaps Russ is Beloved Prophet to thee,

But certainly not to me.

Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: November 25, 2023 10:54AM

"Come Unto Christ".

Always found this phrase offputting. But probably because I have a dirty mind :/

Posted by: Nevermish ( )
Date: November 27, 2023 07:53AM

> If you have watched general conference over the past few years, you know the THRILL of waiting for
> our BELOVED prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, to announce the construction of new temples in DIVERSE places around the world.

No, not really. I get more excited watching the stock reports on Bloomberg television.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 27, 2023 08:14AM

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 27, 2023 10:17AM

I have punished myself by watching two different Ward streams in two different states over a two month period. At least 15 meetings I have suffered through on Y/T.

No one and I mean no one is asking for any blessings upon the prophet or the apostles during sacrament meeting prayers.

There's not much affection for Nelson. He comes across being cold and uncaring. Members won't call him a reptile, but they act as if he is a reptile that will eventually slither away.

Posted by: Anonymous User2023 ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 06:33AM

messygoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have punished myself by watching two different
> Ward streams in two different states over a two
> month period. At least 15 meetings I have suffered
> through on Y/T.
>
> No one and I mean no one is asking for any
> blessings upon the prophet or the apostles during
> sacrament meeting prayers.
>
> There's not much affection for Nelson. He comes
> across being cold and uncaring. Members won't call
> him a reptile, but they act as if he is a reptile
> that will eventually slither away.

Most TBMs don't like him but don't have the guts to say. Sure, some of them went along witb the "we're not Mormon" thing or loved the fact that a doctor was in charge during a pandemic, but there is no way he is as beloved as they make out here.

Posted by: swallow ( )
Date: January 24, 2024 05:10AM

Yeah, I remember members talking about GBH like a grandpa. Nelson is an arrogant doctor not a grandpa.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 06:43AM

Christianity is about Christ and God.

Oh, yeah. Mormonism started with Joseph Smith, the "martyr". LOL.

Praise to the man.

Just spend 5 minutes in a Mormon church service and you find out it's all about worshipping their leaders (so-called prophet and GAs). It's not about God at all.

Mormon church talks are usually a regurgitation of general conference talks. They can't back up their beliefs with the Bible at all. They even seem to be allergic to it.

Posted by: Tough Luck Kid ( )
Date: December 01, 2023 05:35AM

It's like the Kim cult in Communist North Korea. When they gonna start building massive idols of him?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 10:09AM

" . . .dearest and beloved leader. Even the survivor of plane crashes. Even the repairer of our broken hearts. Even the clarifier of organizational nomenclature. Even the shortener of sabbath gatherings. Even the declarer of temples. Even our global faith partner and carbon reducer. Even the destroyer of Hinkleyfied blasphemies. Even, the beloved prophet, Russell M Nelson."

Brilliant. Thanks for a good laugh. What that says is so much more than the sum of the words. The Mormons are so lost they may as well go wander the Salt Flats for 40 years.

Posted by: Livid ( )
Date: January 23, 2024 04:57PM

Beloved? He'll be as well remembered as Pres. Monson. These people have short memories.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.