Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 11:41AM

I have iced coffee (yes, even in the cold months). I noticed I drink half the coffee right after I make it. The other half is gone in half an hour.

All I do is put creamer in the glass, and put ice in. Easy peasy! The coffee goes in after that is done. The flavor for the next 1/2 month is Creme Brulee! Walmart style.

I found that I spent 60 bucks on other coffee, and that I needed to cut back the spending. The Lord opened the heavens, and gave me extra each week.

I was blessed with the ability to buy more coffee!

How do you drink your coffee?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2023 11:41AM by lousyleper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 12:07PM

I used to make a fuss about coffee, with a French press or hand grinder and all. Now I don't care.

I heat up a cup of water in the microwave an stir in a spoonful of instant. I add a little chocolate almond milk and it's good to go. I only have one cup in the morning, which I drink hot while I check my mail and the news.

I can't really tell the difference between all the "good" coffee types. Shrug.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 01:10PM

Good to know that I'm not the only one. I haven't used my coffee maker in a couple years. I do prefer a specific brand that's brewed, but, I can usually only tolerate one cup in the morning and if I brew it, it goes to waste. Folgers instant works for me, no waiting, tastes great. I like the taste of plain black coffee without the additives.

Date: November 28, 2023 01:15PM

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 01:21PM

Blame it on the Creme Brulee? lol

I have a sister in law that drinks iced coffee all day long. She's a jack mo but still considers herself pretty righteous. Cracks me up. Somehow I don't think all that sugar is good for her, but, not my problem.

Date: November 28, 2023 01:56PM

The stuff I get is at Walmart, but I ordered 3 tasty coffees from Coffee Beanery, since they are having their 30 percent off Cyber Monday sale. With as much coffee as I have, I'll be covered for 6 months. Lol

Date: November 28, 2023 12:10PM

coffeebeanery.com

Their Michigan Cherry is awesome. Imagine the smell of cherries throughout the home, and then drinking cherries! It's heavenly!

Not sugar or anything. It's naturally sweet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2023 12:11PM by lousyleper.

Date: November 28, 2023 12:13PM

Oh yeah, my sister can't drink caffeinated coffee anymore, and she's got the French press, espresso machine and all. I hope she'll be able to drink it again soon!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 02:17PM

Define quickly. I make my Keurig coffee with a bit of hot chocolate mix in it...and as soon as it cools I drink it in a couple minutes.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 04:40PM

I drink brewed French Roast coffee with half and half. My family taught me to enjoy the taste of coffee without sugar. I drink two mugs full over about an hour and a half. I love coffee and consider it to be one of life's simple pleasures.

Date: November 28, 2023 06:12PM

Date: November 28, 2023 04:57PM

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 05:00PM

I have a 12 cup drip maker but only brew a 6 cup batch every morning as soon as I open my eyes and wander out into the kitchen.

I used to like Creme Brulee but now my favorite is about a teaspoon of Hazelnut.

I use a candle warmer to sit my cup on and keep it warm as I sip away over the course of about 15 minutes or so.

Most mornings I stop drinking well into the second cup. However, I will have ice coffee later in the day with the rest.

I don't drink it fast, I want it to last, I live for today, not for the past.

Date: November 28, 2023 06:31PM

I cannot handle hot coffee. Yesterday while coffee was brewing, it smelled like something was burning. Did all the creamer and such, poured the coffee, stirred it, then gulped it. But I stopped because it tasted like it was burned. How is that possible? I didn't change anything.

The coffee maker is old, like before I came home in 2008 old I can't buy a new one, but she likes the way her coffee turns out. It's a very old four cup Mr Coffee

It's got hard water marks near the filter compartment and rust on the hinge where you can close it. But she refuses to replace it. I think on Friday, when we pass the row whee all the coffee makers are, I'm going to get her a new one. I've debated a 12 cup, but I am wired at 8cups.

I am such a coffee snob!

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 06:47AM

I start the morning with a double espresso, and I put a small ice cube in it. I can't drink it too hot.

I've also been known to get so engrossed in what I'm doing that my coffee gets cold. That's the life of a creative person.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 11:10AM

You call it being creative. I call it "shiny object" distraction. ;-) It happens to me a lot. My coffee is usually room temp by the time I finish it.

Date: November 30, 2023 10:53PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 02:14PM

The more Bailey's in it, the more I savor it...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.