Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 09:30PM

https://exponentii.org/blog/women-on-the-stand/

“To the North America West Area Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints—Elder Bragg, Elder Sabin, and Elder Ojediran; and to all Area Seventies, General Authorities, and church leaders otherwise invested,

In general conference, the sea of suits is striking. They are usually black and blue. Sometimes they are fitted and sometimes they are baggy. They are worn by generally well-meaning men who are trying to honor the priesthood. You may look at this sea with reverence and respect, which I do to a certain extent, but have you ever considered what it feels like for a woman to not see herself amongst the suits and leadership of the church? However, when the cameras pan the conference center, you occasionally do see a spark of color coming from the women leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Their presence on the stand is meaningful to the women who are also looking to follow Christ and lead in the capacities they are given. My question to you is this: Why can we not have a visual representation of the women leaders on the stand in our weekly Sacrament meeting as well? Or better said, why was it taken away?…

.. And I would like to humbly ask you rather than diminish the role of women within the church, what can you do to elevate them within the structure of the church? And how can you communicate with women directly so they are not blindsided when changes are made?

I would love to see a conversation open up about inclusion as a product of this unfortunate change even if sitting on the stand during Sacrament meeting is still deemed not appropriate (although I would like you to reconsider that). The women of the New Testament were important converts and leaders of the early church as I believe women in our church should be—but unfortunately they are under-appreciated and under-utilized in building the kingdom of God.

With all respect and faith,

Sariah Anne Lanier Kell, Berkeley 1st Ward, Oakland California Stake”

Good for her for speaking up, about the atrocious treatment of women in the abusive CULT we inherited.

But what I don’t get is why do Mormon women continue to put up with the kind of institutional dehumanizing, diminishing, belittling abuse they are subjected to by these pompous leaders?

Why do more Mormon women than men say they oppose female priests?

“A 2011 Pew Research Center survey found that most U.S. Mormons oppose the idea of female membership in the priesthood. Asked whether women who are dedicated members of the LDS Church should be ordained to the priesthood, 87% of U.S. Mormons said no, while 11% said yes.

Mormon women are somewhat more likely than men to oppose the idea of women in the priesthood. Fully nine-in-ten Mormon women (90%) say women should not be ordained, compared with 84% of Mormon men.”

Former Mormon women, why?

Please explain the psychology of not wanting equal rights as men.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 09:42PM

She sabotaged her efforts by capitalizing the "D" in Latter-day Saints, the true spelling of ghawd's church.

So now they can just concentrate on the faux pas rather than the content of the message.

Praise ghawd!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 09:43PM

they're Ignoring / Discrediting the contributions that women will certainly make if they're admitted ... with open minds & hearts & hands ... into the club.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 10:55PM

I wish them luck. However, this is about as effective as kindly asking the Sacklers to apologize for Oxycontin.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 11:08PM

It could be that women don't want the church "jobs" that are open to the priesthood.

The church won't change unless it hits the organization in its financials. In another context altogether (not Mormon,) I'm hearing unhappy women who are saying, you know what, I'm just not going to open my wallet to that particular group anymore. They are voting with their wallets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2023 11:39PM by summer.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: November 28, 2023 11:14PM

First Presidency will come out with a missive ordering all Bishops to do home visits and remove the typewriters that women may have for their use. (Yep, that far behind the times... )

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.