Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: December 17, 2023 04:27PM

I don't work in public relations, but I would imagine that in most circumstances your representative isn't required to actually be on your side, just to use their professional skills to put you in the best light.

But if you work for the PR organization at the LDS church, I'm guessing that you need to be a member. Which would mean that you have to understand the "bad" stuff, and then work around it. I don't understand the mentality that could survive that job with integrity intact.

In any case, it looks like that PR team is still hard at work trying to keep things "in context".

https://www.thechurchnews.com/living-faith/2023/12/16/24004224/guiding-principles-to-help-answer-gospel-questions-topics

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: December 17, 2023 05:25PM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 09:37AM

I think those PR people must operate under the "Nephi Syndrome" in doing their dirty work whether it's cutting off a head with a sword or doing a fancy dance with some ugly facts. It's all for Heavenly Father so how can it be wrong?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 09:40AM

I always feel sorry for college students who are majoring in public relations. For college graduates (along with other workers,) we all get a reality check once we graduate into the working world. But for PR students, I think it's more than most.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 10:34AM

My freshman year, I was a communications major and I intended to work in PR. Switching my major to computer science was a decision so good that it rivaled my decision to resign my membership in the Mormon Church.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 10:00AM

I always wondered about Greg Dodge. How did he handle all of our resignations and not be affected?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.