Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: December 17, 2023 07:44PM

Hello everyone from a chilly, rainy, and windy Eastern North Carolina. I just wanted to stop by, catch up on what is going on in the ex-mormon world and share a little update on what is going on in my world. I do occasionally pass through every so often but with work and life, it is not as much as it has been.

I do want to share that this past September that I made a mid-life career jump to the health care sector as a Geriatic Care Aide at a local nursing home here where I live. At the same time, I enrolled in a CNA-1 course that my new job paid for that including not only the tuition but the uniform, supplies, and test. On top of all that, I also got paid my hourly wage for every hour that I was in class and clinicals which was combined with the hours I worked at the nursing home so I could have full time hours between work and school.

Yesterday, I took and passed my state exam so I am now offically a CNA. I am considering either completing the CNA-2 course or going straight into nursing school. Both will provide more job opportunities and better pay. I still have time and it is not like I have to rush into anything right at the moment.

Other than this, I don't have much to report. My life revolves around work and keeping up with stuff around the apartment which is really boring to say the least.

I hope everyone is doing well. Happy holidays!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 17, 2023 08:09PM

Hey, Ms Kat!

Congrats on making forward strides! And thanks for thinking that we're worth your consideration!!  It shows your excellent taste!

And now that you've stopped by, the days can start getting longer, so your visit is appreciated!

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 17, 2023 08:15PM

Congratulations. It sounds like you are moving forward very well in life.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 17, 2023 08:37PM

That's wonderful to hear! I'm so glad you checked in. Enjoy your new career. It is a much needed one and many patients will appreciate you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 12:25AM

Kativicky, so good to hear from you! You've worked hard to get where you are. Congratulations! Nursing is a great career field with lots of options. Best wishes for your continued success.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 05:37AM

Hey, Katyvicky, lovely to hear from you and nice to see you're doing well.

All the best to you.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 10:02AM

Glad you checked in. Im so glad things in you life have improved over the years. Keep it up. Occasionally drop in and report.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: December 18, 2023 10:35AM

Go KAT! Well done!

HH =)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.