Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 06, 2024 10:09PM

No Quakers or Great Moon Hoax "bat people" on the Moon, but you might be able to go there as your final resting place.

This poses some fundamental questions.

Is the Moon a deity or a physical body -- or both?

Which cultural beliefs should take precedence?

Mariners have buried the dead at sea for centuries. Aviators have their ashes scattered in the sky. Indigenous Andeans left their dead entombed on high cold dry mountains. Some tribes expose their dead, others cremate them, and once upon a time in Tibet, the dead were dismembered and left out for vultures and other animals to eat. What places are not sacred to someone or some group?

################

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2024/01/06/navajo-nation-objection-to-land-human-remains-on-moon-blackwell-foa-vpx.cnn

https://www.teaonews.co.nz/2024/01/07/lunar-burials-are-offensive-to-indigenous-cultures-navajo-leader/

Controversy is brewing over plans that threaten to turn the moon into a burial ground for human remains.

The Navajo Nation is describing the action as offensive to indigenous cultures.

Two private companies - Celestis and Elysium Space, which provide lunar burial services - intend to fly cremated remains into space for burial on the moon as early as next week - but the US White House has stepped in temporarily, calling a last-minute meeting after Navajo objections.

Navajo Nation president, Dr Buu Nygren, told CNN many indigenous peoples look to the skies.

“The moon is sacred, it is in our songs, it’s in our stories, it’s in our creation. We’ve used the moon as a place that we’ve looked to for hundreds of years to make sure that we continue to exist.”

Dr Nygren said human life is unique to earth and the thought of human remains circling the planet is disconcerting.

“We’re very unique, we’re created here on earth and we should continue to exist here on earth as we move along out of this life,” the Navajo leader said in the CNN interview.

“There’s ceremonies that continue to exist here within the Navajo Nation - and across all indigenous cultures - that have looked to the skies for thousands of years.

“To know that you have human remains circling the earth, that’s a little concerning to think about because a lot of us pray to the moon.”

Dr Nygren said his reading of the White House meeting was that the launch would still go ahead.

The CEO of Celestis, Charles Chafer, told CNN the company rejects concerns its flight descreates the moon.

“It is a touching and fitting celebration for our participants — the exact opposite of desecration, it is a celebration,” he said in a statement.

################

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 06, 2024 10:27PM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some tribes
> expose their dead, others cremate them, and once
> upon a time in Tibet, the dead were dismembered
> and left out for vultures and other animals to
> eat.

"Sky burials" still occur although without benefit of dismemberment.

Four thousand years ago the Andronovo peoples in the eastern Eurasian steppe had given up inhumation and were leaving corpses above ground so they could be consumed by scavengers. The Zoroastrian religion that emerged from that culture continued the practice down to the present. Today the largest concentration of Zoroastrians are the Parsis--a word that comes from the same root as Persia--living in India, where there is still an Avestan Tower of Silence.

Here are the ruins of an ancient Iranian one:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Torre_del_silencio%2C_Yazd%2C_Ir%C3%A1n%2C_2016-09-21%2C_DD_65.jpg

And here is a modern one in India:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/83/8b/f7/838bf72e10a5d8334ed9d85eb53945a8--tower-of-silence-creepy-things.jpg

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 06, 2024 10:53PM

Eventually, thanks to the
    Internet, the whole world
    can vote on these issues!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 06, 2024 10:54PM

A lot of churches have cemeteries on the property. That doesn’t seem to desecrate anything. We’ve been dropping space junk on the moon for 60 years. That apparently hasn’t affected the moon’s sacredness. Now plunking down some toasted calcium is a problem?

“Hey, Mikey, play the ‘sacred’ card. That always ties them in knots, because they never have a good answer for that.”

Sorry, the time to bring up what can and can’t be done on the moon would have been sixty years ago when treaties delineating space law (yes, that’s a thing) were being drawn up. This just feels like opportunistic grandstanding to me.

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: January 09, 2024 12:30AM

OK. I am reaching for what I remember about space law. Moon treaty, “…for the good of all mankind…”. It is a thing. This means no one can claim property rights. Alas, while the U.S. Heavily influenced it, we are not a signatory. Bad for business.

Laying claim to the use of a celestial body (no pun, or is it), pretty bold.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: January 06, 2024 11:40PM

Hey, diddle, diddle,
The cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the moon;
The little dog laughed
To see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the spoon.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 07, 2024 01:12AM

What if my religion requires moon burial ?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 07, 2024 02:21AM

Power does what it wants. Always has. Always will. You can complain but if you don’t have the power to change it then you are just making noise for nothing.

Date: January 07, 2024 03:01AM

What exactly does that mean?

Obviously power determines the outcome of any contest. But you don't know who has what resources until that point. Otherwise there would be no need for football games, elections, or any form of negotiations.

So yes, the outcome of this issue will be decided by the distribution of power; and the Navajos will almost certainly lose. But the key word is "almost," as it was when the colonists defeated the British; Lincoln won the Civil War and freed the slaves; and a loony old man in London defeated Hitler by rousing the support of a bunch of commoners who had every incentive to call for a ceasefire and a separate peace.

Truisms are by definition true, but they also provide no insight when trying to understand a conflict or its resolution.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 07, 2024 03:29AM

“It is a touching and fitting celebration for our participants — the exact opposite of desecration, it is a celebration,” he said in a statement.

Or, they hate Earth so much they don't want their ashes here.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 07, 2024 07:11AM

On a bright note, the Navajo president got a White House meeting and the name "Navajo" in the news along with their spiritual beliefs. I would count that as a win. An experienced PR person could not have done better.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 07, 2024 03:21PM

But they do not like the name "Navajo" since it is a Spanish word.

Date: January 07, 2024 04:09PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
--------------------------
> But they do not like the
> name "Navajo" since it
> is a Spanish word.

Some anonymous Wikipedia contributor says, "Navahu comes from the Tewa language.   By the 1640s, the Spanish began using the term Navajo to refer to the Diné."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navajo

Reading the Tony Hillerman books gave me the impression that "The People" weren't/aren't all that hung up regarding what they wanted to be called, as long as they were respected.

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: January 07, 2024 02:15PM

Well, if it makes the Navajo Nation feel any better, Joseph Fielding Smith would also be against this. After all, the moon is a superior planet to the earth according to JFS.

Can't go wrong with having that intellectual titan JFS on your side, right? </s>

Date: January 07, 2024 03:05PM

What would Navajos think of Quakers on the moon?

Posted by: Iko Iko ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 07:39AM

I wish they'd stop using "indigenous cultures" as a dogwhistle phrase for primitive, tribal cultures. Many peoples are "indigenous" to the areas they live in, like the Irish, Japanese or Iranians but I doubt that's what they mean

Date: January 08, 2024 02:39PM

Once again you defy the dictionary.

Cambridge Dictionary: "used to refer to, or relating to, the people who originally lived in a place, rather than people who moved there from somewhere else."

Merriam-Webster: "of or relating to the earliest known inhabitants of a place and especially of a place that was colonized by a now-dominant group."

If you think "indigenous" should mean something else, perhaps you should publish your own dictionary and see how many copies you can sell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2024 03:41PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Völlig losgelöst ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 08:13PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> Once again you defy the dictionary.

Dictionaries come after words, not before them. Except perhaps more recently, where certain medical and sociological terms are being redefined in dictionaries before being released into the wild. I'm sure you remember a certain book about a government which used an official dictionary to rewrite (and reduce) spoken language. You're constantly referring to it and ignoring the inconvenient parts.

Date: January 08, 2024 08:42PM

Don't you mean "völlig verwirrt?"

------------
> Dictionaries come after words, not before them.

Well then, why don't you tell us what you think words should mean and we'll all do as you dictate. Because you're that important.

--------------
> Except perhaps more recently, where certain
> medical and sociological terms are being redefined
> in dictionaries before being released into the
> wild.

What exactly do you have in mind? And don't worry about if you say something erroneous, for under the new lexicographical rules we've agreed you can just redefine your silliness as genius and no one will notice.

--------------
> I'm sure you remember a certain book about a
> government which used an official dictionary to
> rewrite (and reduce) spoken language.

Oh yes, I remember 1984--the book you thought was about the USSR and not the UK (which, I am told, came as something of a surprise to Orwell). But I guess we can redefine his terms and pretend that the communist author was really one of you lot. I mean, he would have been, wouldn't he, if he were as wise as you.

---------------
> You're
> constantly referring to it and ignoring the
> inconvenient parts.

Forgive my naivete, but what could be more "inconvenient" than your mistaking Winston Smith for Winston Smithsky?

But sure, in the spirit of fair play, why don't you tell me what I got wrong about 1984? Be specific.

Use "your" words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2024 08:53PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Völlig losgelöst ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 08:38PM

p.s. You clearly misunderstand what a dictionary represents. When lexicographers compile a dictionary, they will often sift through examples of previous usage. Some of these such as the OED (and even Wiktionary) will list these next to the definitions.

In the old days, these would often be on paper slips, but now they tend to be electronic. I have written in and suggested new words, definitions and etymologies to several dictionaries. Some of my contributions have even appeared in subsequent editions. Linguists tend to live in a bubble like many academics, so I'm probably doing them a favor especially when it comes to slang and dialect. A strange hobby, perhaps, but a useful one.

Sometimes dictionaries include abuses of language when they become common enough. "Unique" means "unusual" or "idiosyncratic" to many people, and they will even talk of something being "more unique", when the word refers to something which is a "one off". The word "literally" is even more abused in recent times and dictionaries have had to reflect that.

Date: January 08, 2024 08:49PM

> I have
> written in and suggested new words, definitions
> and etymologies to several dictionaries. Some of
> my contributions have even appeared in subsequent
> editions.

You don't need to try so hard. I have already acknowledged that you are very important.

But I will ask whether, like W.C. Minor, who put many thousands of words in the OED, you submitted them from a lunatic asylum.

----------------
> Linguists tend to live in a bubble like
> many academics, so I'm probably doing them a favor
> especially when it comes to slang and dialect.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I thank you for your tireless efforts to lift us from the mire of incomprehension.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 06:51PM

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/08/world/peregrine-lunar-lander-anomaly-astrobotic-nasa-scn/index.html

"Astrobotic Technology, the company that developed the first lunar lander to launch from the United States in five decades, said its spacecraft has suffered “critical” propellant loss attempting to correct itself after running into a major issue in space.

“Unfortunately, it appears the failure within the propulsion system is causing a critical loss of propellant,” Astrobotic said in a mission update posted just after 1 p.m. ET. “The team is working to try and stabilize this loss, but given the situation, we have prioritized maximizing the science and data we can capture. We are currently assessing what alternative mission profiles may be feasible at this time.”

That could mean the company will not attempt to land the Peregrine lander on the moon, as it was expected to do on February 23."

Date: January 08, 2024 09:37PM

What's the difference between "...is causing a critical loss of propellant...” and "...has caused a critical loss of propellant..."?

I've read enough sci-fi to know that they aren't making it to the moon; they needed as much propellant to slow down enough for lunar gravity to 'snag' them as they did to accelerate out of the Earth's gravity well.

Date: January 08, 2024 09:42PM

> They needed as much
> propellant to slow down enough for lunar gravity
> to 'snag' them as they did to accelerate out of
> the Earth's gravity well.

D'oh!

Date: January 09, 2024 02:14AM

Wait a minute. That’s not even close to true. It took a three stage rocket and I don’t know how many tons of fuel to get out of earth’s gravity well. How much t will take to decelerate at the moon is a function of what path the lander took to get there.

I expect it will initially go into orbit around the moon, and if the nasa engineers worked it just right, in theory it could take zero fuel to transition from flying toward the moon to orbiting the moon.

In practice, it probably will take a small amount of fuel to establish lunar orbit.

From lunar orbit, it will take fuel to slow down enough to match the rotational velocity of the moon, plus having to counteract the moon’s gravity while descending. That amount of fuel will depend solely on the moon’s gravity, the height of the lunar orbit, and the mass of the lander. It will have nothing to do with the earth’s gravity.

Far and away, the biggest fuel consumption will be in getting from lunar orbit to the surface of the moon. Slowing down to be “snagged” into lunar orbit, done right, takes very little fuel.

Date: January 09, 2024 02:41AM

D'oh!

Date: January 09, 2024 03:37AM

I hadn't read anything about this Earth to Moon project, so I was flying by the seat of my space sarape ...

The bulk of the fuel carried by the vessel was used to escape Earth's gravity.  Whatever was left, with a small margin of error, was for what remained of the mission.  It's likely that they planned the take-off to result in an Earth orbit and that it was during this 'pause' that the error or breakdown occurred, resulting in the "critical loss of propellant."

Your statement, "In practice, it probably will take a small amount of fuel to establish lunar orbit" depends on the speed and weight of the vehicle.  The more it weighs and the faster it's going, the more fuel is needed to slow it sufficiently for the moon's gravity to 'capture' it.

According to a Google search, Apollo 11 took three days and three hours to reach the moon, traveling at 5,600 mph, at which point it slowed to 3,600 mph. This involved a six-minute burn and then a 17-second engine burn.

I don't know the speed How much fuel is involved?  I don't know, but dropping a bit more than a third of your velocity might require more "...a small amount of fuel."

Regarding the trip to the moon, Apollo 11 only had to get to a Lagrange point and then it 'fell' towards the moon.

It just seems likely to me that they planned on a very tiny margin of error so that any loss of propellant would force them to scrub going to the moon.

(look at me, contending with los sabios de RfM!)

Date: January 09, 2024 04:27AM

> (look at me, contending with los sabios de RfM!)

Once you have vanquished the Sage Of Salt Lake City, you may be invited to compete in the Canadian League. So sharpen you skates and your wit and prepare to lose a tooth or two to the best team in the NHL developmental league, the Kwik-E-Martians.

Date: January 09, 2024 11:39AM

but much less to escape the Moon. The Moon's gravity is only one sixth of the Earth.

Vesc = sqrt(2*GM / r)

where

GM = the gravitational constant ("Big G") times the mass of the planet

and

r = distance from the planet's centre of mass

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_velocity#List_of_escape_velocities

Earth
Vesc = 11186 m/sec

Moon
Vesc = 2380 m/sec

Date: January 09, 2024 12:48PM

Apollo 11 took three days to reach the moon. This lander is scheduled to arrive February 23, six weeks from now. Since they don’t have to worry about keeping astronauts alive, they can take their own sweet time getting there. I assume they need that much time to establish a very low energy flight plan to the moon.

My guess is they are creating a very elliptical earth orbit, so elliptical that the far end of the ellipse is out at the moon’s orbit. Then all they have to do is have the lander at the far end of the ellipse at the same time the moon’s orbit intersects with the ellipse, and the lander can slip into a lunar orbit.

Getting everything at the right place, velocity and time is a complicated dance, but complicated dances is what nasa does for a living. However, an error early in the dance can be really hard, perhaps impossible to recover from.

Date: January 08, 2024 10:22PM

A Navajo witch doctor cursed the mission.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 09, 2024 02:06AM

Were you still in grade school when this came out?

Date: January 09, 2024 12:54PM

When the Beatles and the British Invasion revolutionized American pop music, the bar was set pretty low. Wooly Bully was another clunker. Sam the Sham and the Pharoehs. And Purple People Eater.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2024 12:54PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 09, 2024 01:09PM

LOL
Wooly Bully was dumb, but I sort of liked it back then. It was probably the beat I liked. I think their gig was to be a goofy song gimmick group. There were a lot worse songs IMO.

Date: January 09, 2024 01:13PM

Freshman in HS, bleeding Kelly green and white and trying to stay awake because of early morning seminary.

Date: January 09, 2024 02:12AM

The suggestion that Native American magic could scuttle a lunar mission might be believed by TBMs.

Date: January 09, 2024 09:00PM

One of the comments:

“We’ve filled the oceans with garbage! We’ve filled Mt Everest with garbage! Let’s dump garbage in outer space!”

That’s what the “space program” is about. Finding new places to dump garbage.

Posted by: Son of Paleface ( )
Date: January 12, 2024 04:23PM

Antone who has watched the documentaries that the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" has put out knows the the "Mooninites" will not be happy with this either.

Date: January 19, 2024 08:11AM

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/18/world/peregrine-lunar-lander-astrobotic-nasa-scn/index.html

First US spacecraft to attempt moon landing in decades burns up after failed mission

After soaring hundreds of thousands of miles through space and battling a propellant issue that dashed its plans, the Peregrine lunar lander has likely met its fiery end.

The spacecraft was expected to conclude its truncated, 10-day journey around 4 p.m. ET Thursday as it smashed into the Earth’s thick atmosphere over a remote area of the South Pacific Ocean, due east of Australia.

Astrobotic Technology, the Pittsburgh-based company that developed the Peregrine lander under a contract with NASA, confirmed the spacecraft’s demise, saying it lost contact with the vehicle moments before the planned reentry time, which “indicates the vehicle completed its controlled re-entry over open water in the South Pacific.”

Date: January 19, 2024 08:22AM

Sounds like the beginning of a Gilligan's Island episode. Gilligan finds a box with gray powder that fell from the sky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2024 08:23AM by bradley.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 19, 2024 08:24AM

Normally I would not make fun of a burial, but sometimes the jokes just write themselves.

Date: January 19, 2024 09:42AM

Looks to me like the Navajo Nation's prayers are more powerful than the technology and science used to build the rocket that attempted to deliver the cremated remains to the moon.

Burial at sea appears to be the way to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2024 09:43AM by tumwater.

Date: January 19, 2024 11:16PM

A Navajo could mess with a few heads by taking credit for such a feat.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 19, 2024 01:13PM

* I don't want to be involved with the pissing match between LW & vollig!

words do have meanings, and dictionaries aren't the final arbiters of meanings any more than I'm the King of England.

when a speaker speaks or a writer writes, he/she has an understanding & intent that may or may not be the same as the audience, What could be more obvious?

Take for example ChurchCo, a couple of sayings stand out to me:

* Benson's pamphlet 'Masters of Deception' claimed there was no legitimate civil rights issues regarding Black Africans.

* JFS (or was it BY?) talking about Moon Quakers

* Apologies for the Hofmann deceptions

ChurchCo is the prime example for ambiguous communications, that's one of the reasons we're here on RfM.

Date: January 19, 2024 02:26PM

in theology.

This was new.

Before this you could claim it was just human failing, folklore, or a different or erroneous interpretation of the Bible (i.e. Southern Baptists), but not theological. JS and BY went a step further with the "fence sitters in the War In Heaven" story.

Here's the "we can enslave people who aren't Catholic" argument that turned into "we can enslave non-Christians" that became "we can just enslave" argument:

#############

https://origins.osu.edu/milestones/july-2015-bartolom-de-las-casas-and-500-years-racial-injustice?language_content_entity=en

"In sixteenth-century Spain, slavery was a widely accepted practice, although increasingly questioned. Spanish law of the time considered all captives of war as potential slaves, yet there were some provisos.

Theologians and philosophers in the School of Salamanca, including the incredibly influential Luis de Vitoria, father of modern international law, restricted this only to include captives of war who were not Catholic. This category included Lutherans, Muslim Turks, Orthodox Slavs, non-Catholic Africans, and native peoples of the New World. In addition, there existed the legal idea, modeled on Muslim laws regarding captured peoples, which allowed non-Catholics to convert instead of becoming slaves.

Despite these legal caveats, Spanish conquerors enslaved large groups of the newly encountered indigenous peoples in the Americas, working many of them to death."

"Until his death, Bartolomé de las Casas, worked tirelessly to prevent the enslavement of all native people and later regretted wholeheartedly his advocacy of African slavery. Indigenous and black activists and protestors for 500 years have taken up his arguments to push for changes to the systems that have made them second-class citizens.

###############

There was plenty of Moon Madness to go around, it wasn't just Mormons, they stole it from others:

##############

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Moon_Hoax

The "Great Moon Hoax", also known as the "Great Moon Hoax of 1835", was a series of six articles published in The Sun, a New York newspaper, beginning on August 25, 1835, about the supposed discovery of life and even civilization on the Moon. The discoveries were falsely attributed to Sir John Herschel, one of the best-known astronomers of that time, and his fictitious companion Andrew Grant.[1]

The story was advertised on August 21, 1835, as an upcoming feature allegedly reprinted from The Edinburgh Courant.[2] The first in a series of six was published four days later on August 25. These articles were never retracted, however on September 16, 1835, The Sun admitted the articles were in fact fabricated.[3]

The headline read:

GREAT ASTRONOMICAL DISCOVERIES,
LATELY MADE
BY SIR JOHN HERSCHEL, L.L.D. F.R.S. &c.
At the Cape of Good Hope.
[From Supplement to the Edinburgh Journal of Science.]

The articles described animals on the Moon, including bison, single-horned goats, mini zebras, unicorns, bipedal tail-less beavers and bat-like winged humanoids ("Vespertilio-homo") who built temples.[4] There were trees, oceans and beaches. These discoveries were supposedly made with "an immense telescope of an entirely new principle". The telescope - transported to South Africa from New England - was said to be many times larger than any other telescope in the world. The lens measured "24 feet in diameter and 7 tons in weight".[4]

"Vespertilio-homo" can be translated from Latin as man-bat, bat-man, or man-bats.[5][6][7]

A reprinted edition of 1836 added a second type named the Vespertiliones or the bat-men.[8] The author of the narrative was ostensibly Dr. Andrew Grant, the travelling companion and amanuensis of Sir John Herschel, but Grant was fictitious.

Eventually, the authors announced that the observations had been terminated by the destruction of the telescope, by means of the Sun causing the lens to act as a "burning glass", setting fire to the observatory.[9]

Date: January 19, 2024 09:12PM

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-ashes-of-arthur-c-clarke-and-star-trek-creator-gene-rodenberry-just-burned-up-on-re-entry-to-earths-atmosphere-after-a-failed-moonshot/

The ashes of Arthur C. Clarke and Star Trek creator Gene Rodenberry just burned up on re-entry to Earth's atmosphere after a failed moonshot

The ashes were among those of around 70 individuals on-board.

Star Trek creator Gene Rodenberry and science fiction legend Arthur C. Clarke's ashes were on board a private US lunar lander that, after a failed moonshot, re-entered Earth's atmosphere on Friday and burned-up on the way down. The intention had been to leave the ashes, among those from around 70 individuals including actors James Doohan (aka Scotty) and Nichelle Nichols (Uhura), on the moon's surface following a successful landing. Rodenberry's ashes have previously been a part of other space missions.

Astrobotic Technology's lunar lander Peregrine launched successfully from Florida's Cape Canaveral on Monday, but developed a fuel leak that made attempting the landing an impossibility. The firm reckons a stuck valve caused the issue. Astrobotics then had the unenviable task of working out what to do next and ensuring Peregrine didn't become a space hazard.

In cooperation with NASA the craft was guided back towards Earth and re-entered the atmosphere on Friday, somewhere over the South Pacific. As well as the ashes, the lander carried various NASA experiments and equipment (with the US space agency reportedly paying Astrobotic over $150 million).

Date: January 19, 2024 10:44PM

So the cremated remains went thru a re-burn of their ashes on reentry ....making sure the job was done completely.

Posted by: HMer ( )
Date: January 21, 2024 04:41AM

tumwater Wrote:
> So the cremated remains went thru a re-burn of
> their ashes on reentry ....making sure the job was
> done completely.

On the plus side, we've probably breathed in some of it so Gene will always form part of us.

Posted by: bobt ( )
Date: January 21, 2024 04:23PM

I once met a guy who was an attorney in Alaska, also an Alaska native. He told me that everywhere in Alaska that a Native had taken a dump was "sacred ground" and that fact was making him big bank.

Date: January 21, 2024 05:20PM

Wonder what he thinks about the sanitary conditions of many of the homeless camps around the country?

Date: January 21, 2024 11:16PM

Then I suppose the restrooms used by the Q15 are also sacred ground. It seems a waste to flush sacred poop down the sewer. They should bag it and scatter it around various temples.

Since the church is more interested in money, it could be auctioned off to church members. Just think how high the bidding could go for one of Rusty's turds.

Date: January 21, 2024 11:59PM

In polite society, they are referred to as apostles.

Date: January 22, 2024 12:12AM

I loved you, Jesus, in the Big Lebowski.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.