Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Concerned ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 02:54PM

Changed SP. Our new SP is Bishop from ward I am in. Lots of tears from old SP and new SP. New SP president wife told us what a good man her husband is. The the 70 spoke and it was ok. They the President of Q of 70 spoke. Again Rusty worship and "I am so good that I travel the world and this is what I see,"

Now back to new SP. He was just made Bishop prior to my wife and I moving into the ward. He called us into his office the first day we attended and asked us some questions. I confess that I said something I should not have said. I asked him if looked at my church membership and he said he did and noticed there was a mark there. I explained I was disfellowship for 14 to 16 year and have just gotten back in about 7 years ago. I explained that I have issues with some things in the Church and that I have a high ethical standard and I struggle with supporting some church issues. That was end of the interview.

To this day, he and his two counselors will pass me in the hall and not even say hello. SO I expected after the president of Q of 70 announce he was new SP. So after meeting I was talking to Elders Q president about their new baby New SP came up and started to talk to him and completely ignored me like I was not there. I was so furious I left the meeting in anger.

But looking back I guess the President of Q of 70 was correct. He said these are imperfect mem!!!

All I want to know is what did I do wrong. I told the Bishop when I first met him that I was trying to be very honest in everything I do and I was being honest with him.

Can't believe that I had such an open mind and heart before conference on Saturday night and now just anger and frustration. This is not the Church I grew up in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 02:57PM

> All I want to know is what did I do wrong.

It's very simple.

-----------------
> I told
> the Bishop when I first met him that I was trying
> to be very honest in everything I do and I was
> being honest with him.

Yep. That's what you did wrong.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 05:41PM

You hit the nail right on the head. Honesty is incompatible with being fully accepted in Mormonism, and definitely incompatible with moving up in the hierarchy of the church.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 03:12PM

This is an honest response.

I am 100% certain that the only way for me to return to the church is to become a bold faced liar.

Tithing- My response would be the check is in the mail.

Church assignments- Call me to anything because I won't do it

Prayer- I will walk up to the sacrament podium and say I do not pray in public. Amen

When cornered by church leaders for failing to do something- I only emulate those who lead me. If I'm a loser than you are too!

And how did I become this way?
By being a member of the church. Being honest does not work.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 05:27PM

Thanks for your report. The Mormon church is Jr. High School (or Middle School) all over again. And that is also the approximate mental, social, and moral development of your leaders.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 05:30PM

Honest is only the best police when used correctly. Some people can't handle the truth. Cards to chest is an even better policy.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 05:34PM

> Some people can't handle the truth.

But almost everybody likes to laugh...

And that, folks, is the secret ingredient to sailing through Life, its ownself.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 06:27PM

We are all noticing that the current Mormon church is not the one we grew up in.

Posted by: decultified ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 06:33PM

If he's determined to ignore you, then test it out. Cuss him out in his august presence, see if he reacts to that. Call him names as he doggedly tries to pretend you don't exist. You can have some real fun with this, if you choose. I know I would.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 08, 2024 06:45PM

Basic, Core Values and principles (Honesty, Kindness, etc.) of Christ-Like living are 23 Skidoo with ChurchCo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2024 06:56PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 09, 2024 01:01PM

If they can’t trust you to follow orders without question, you are of no use to them. They see no point in wasting energy on a potential threat to the hive. The cooties might spread.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: January 09, 2024 02:04PM

There are no second chances within Mormonism.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 09, 2024 02:15PM

It's my experience that there are mormons who think that being 'forgiving' can be useful to the church.

But yes, there may be a larger percentage of mormons who have no problem condemning 'forever.'

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: January 09, 2024 02:31PM

Mormonism is a prison.

You can see light through the window but that is all.

They tell you all is evil beyond that window. You are instructed how to eat, sleep, and behave. What time to get up and go to bed, who to associate with, etc. If you misbehave they throw you into solitary confinement and tell you its because they love you.

Then for those who realize that prison sucks, they see an open door and run. Once outside you find out that life exists beyond the prison.

Those you left behind are still in a prison, have no idea what is outside those gates, and for some never will. The true journey is to walk away from the prison and discover life and not loiter around the prison exterior to hear and see the the guards taunting you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.