Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 16, 2024 11:10AM

"How White Christian Nationalism Threatens Our Democracy"

"The past several years has seen the rise of a political ideology and cultural framework that distorts the Christian faith and America’s constitutional democracy — and poses dangers to both. In this event, co-sponsored by Georgetown’s Center on Faith and Justice and the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, experts will explain where White Christian Nationalism came from, what its adherents want and how it seeks to overturn the idea that the United States should be a multi-religious and multiracial democracy.

"On October 26, Georgetown's Center and Faith and Justice hosted an important conversation with: The Most Rev. Michael B. Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church; Amanda Tyler, executive director of the Baptist Joint Committee; Dr. Samuel Perry, Associate Professor of Sociology, University of Oklahoma and Rev. Jim Wallis, Chair in Faith and Justice at the McCourt School of Public Policy and Director of the Georgetown University Center on Faith and Justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH5LHQMVfH8

Center On Faith And Justice, Georgetown University

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2024 11:53AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: January 16, 2024 11:14AM

No. Nor political fanatics, nor anti religion fanatics, nor fanatics of any kind.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 16, 2024 11:18AM

Don't they already?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 16, 2024 12:20PM

The Christian Nationalists have, rather unfairly, turned me off of Christianity altogether.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 16, 2024 01:31PM

EVs used to condemn Mormonism, but they don't any more.

Why?

Theological and doctrinal differences take a back seat to tribalism.

Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: January 16, 2024 04:43PM

Christian Nationalism, It's revolting. It amazes me that the extremists want the end. NOW. I figure if the end comes, it's been asked for. But the thief parable seems to have gotten lost.

The longer the end takes, the better. And the extremists are such gullible people that want to control, control, control.

It's sad. I understand these people, but they sure are religious antics.

I used to be a fanatic, but I've come to terms that the Bible was made by men. It's such a twisted thing. Everyone wants power in religion. I opt for spiritualism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2024 04:55PM by lousyleper.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.