Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nevermo native ( )
Date: January 19, 2024 07:47PM

Same old story I've read here many times on exmormon.org, but I still think it's important to share them whenever they come out just to show that, despite the lies-for-the-lord I've seen on social media, the COJCOLDS still push their comphet (compulsory heterosexuality) shtick:

https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/a45906394/coming-out-leaving-mormonism/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 19, 2024 08:10PM

As a closeted heterosexual male, I approve of people figuring themselves out and then being as happy as they can.

During your investigation of the mormon church, as you followed a road out of activity and belief, did you happen to come across this particular history of 'the gay' in la iglesia mormona:

http://www.connellodonovan.com/abom.html ...

If you haven't previously seen this resource, I hope you enjoy it!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 20, 2024 01:00AM

Thanks for sharing that. I went through the same deconstruction of perfection vs. imperfection as an ex-Catholic. I also find it interesting that as much as I question how BYU does things, this man first started to develop the ability to question his identity and his life choices via a BYU course.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 20, 2024 10:06AM

Baptism, Primary, SS, Deacon, Teacher, Priest, Seminary, Mission, BYU, Temple Marriage. Some Mormons put up a giant poster for their children (aka boys) with all these milestones having a box next to them to check off. No pressure kids, haha. Although it's in the living room for all to see.

We all ended up on the Mormon Conveyer Belt. Luckily for some of us we all got to the point where Lucy and Ethyl couldn't keep up and we got knocked off.

Which brings me to feeling sorry for the people who actually fit into Mormonism claiming to enjoy the ride on the belt.

I knew by 7. The problem is you think for too long that it can go away IF you are good enough. (I thought being a great missionary would finally do the trick.) Everybody says it's not only wrong but disgusting. You learn to lie to yourself. And you want it to go away because God. Turns out God isn't a good reason to do anything. Well, unless you want to kill or coerce/force others to do as you say.

My speech teacher in High School did two full weeks on critical thinking. First step in stopping the regurgitated life as God's little puppet.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 20, 2024 04:09PM

Jana Reiss' column at RNS this week deals with Mormon racism and homophobia. It is an unusually personal account written by a Black woman who married a gay white Mormon after she had converted innocently enough, not realizing how Mormon racism and then homophobia would impact her life.

The story is pretty painful, and even more so when I realized the worst part happened in 2023 - last year. The comments are an interesting read too. The apologists were not happy that Jana made LDS Inc look bad. She is normally rather gentle with LDS Inc, but there was no way to polish up this one.

https://religionnews.com/2024/01/19/im-the-collateral-damage-of-mormon-racism-and-homophobia/

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 20, 2024 06:03PM

That's a rough story.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 20, 2024 08:51PM

It's not the fault of one's wife that one is gay.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.