Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 05, 2024 09:29PM

which none of us would wish on another.

Will Russ offer to give him a PH blessing or at least send (call with) Best Wishes?

IF Only Charles had been a Full Tithe-payer!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: + fries ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 04:15AM

NB – since he became king, he is now HM rather than HRH. (The princes and princesses are HRH. Don't ask me why.)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 05:27AM

The speculation is either bladder or colon cancer. My best wishes to him. It will be a nasty fight.

Date: February 06, 2024 05:35AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The speculation is either bladder or colon cancer.
> My best wishes to him. It will be a nasty fight.

Most of the articles I've read say it's in the prostate. That would make sense as many older men have that issue.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 05:45AM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 06:25AM

You are correct. They went in for a prostate procedure and found something else.

I think we may see a Regency in the next few years but I think it will be a while until someone has to tell Dave.

Date: February 06, 2024 06:59AM

Susan I/S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are correct. They went in for a prostate
> procedure and found something else.

Information about the British royal family tends to be very tightly controlled so we don't know much about this situation at all. There would have been a substantial delay between when the Queen died and the event was reported, because certain protocols had to be put into place. Probably at least a day or two. This is something of an open secret on Fleet Street as was the code phrase.

I'm not really a royal watcher (since I couldn't even tell you his grandchildren's names), but the news tends to be fairly unavoidable. It seems to me like Charles' operation was more serious than was originally stated. (And his daughter-in-law's more routine, although I may be wrong on that.)

Date: February 06, 2024 09:04AM

Dude, you say you are not a "Royal Watcher" so maybe you should not comment or do a bit of research before you hit SEND. There is no law that you have to post to every single thread at least once.

"There would have been a substantial delay between when the Queen died and the event was reported, because certain protocols had to be put into place. Probably at least a day or two."

The reality is it was THREE HOURS. THREE. ONE. TWO. THREE.

You also must have missed the many things that Charles has said about things like disclosure of his health problems. Learn what to let pass and what to let go.

Date: February 06, 2024 06:50AM

I don't trust a word Buckingham Palace, or its BBC mouthpiece says, but they were claiming that he had trouble with an "enlarged prostate" at the end of January.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68055575

So who knows? I only pay limited attention to their press releases to be honest. Some indy media outlets were pointing out that Charles had some symptoms of serious illness back when he was crowned. These included some kind of bloating in his fingers/hands. Flunkies tried to claim there was nothing wrong and it was simply aging. I thought little of it at the time, but seems the uncorrelated media got itself a scoop yet again.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 09:56AM

That's a lot of speculation from someone who pays little attention. I see the entity of The Crown as the underpinning of the British system and it is less about the individuals than the system and the established order. That said, the man has cancer and I would not wish that on anyone king or commoner. I do not need all the details or speculation to wish him well.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 11:54AM

This, cancer sucks and who cares what kind it is. Even the King deserves that privacy. The world is NOT entitled to anyone’s health information. That also needs to apply to leaders in the US government.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 12:28PM

... in an ideal world.

Posted by: unconventionalideas ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 01:02PM

I recommend focusing on all the royal family does in service to the nation. And it’s a tremendous amount by the way.

This comes from a guy who has been married to a British subject for nearly 35 years. She’s taught me a thing or two.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 09:36PM

Chuck and I are the same age. I was raised by my Scottish mom to be aware of that fact. Hope he survives this. He waited so long to be king.

Date: February 06, 2024 09:52PM

I hope he gets more time too. He was in the background for so long. He was invested as Prince of Wales when he was 20. I do think he misses a lot of his private time. He loves to visit his house in Transylvania that doesn't have TV, radio and I doubt there is great internet. He is more at home with his bees in the garden than in the palaces. I hope William and Kate get more time to grow into their roles too. The kids are still young and they do their best to make them a priority.

Posted by: unconventionalideas ( )
Date: February 07, 2024 01:42AM

Is there a chance that the title of king means less to him than the lifetime of service that proceeded it?

Just wondering…

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.