Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 08:11PM

She was bullied into dropping the Romney. No matter what I think about her as a person, I have been annoyed on her behalf that this even was something people can do. Same when HRC dropped the Rodham.

Argh!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 08:31PM

Interesting topic.

It seems weird for a person in her position to do that. It's not like people don't know who she is. Everyone knows the full names of politicians, even when they try to downplay them.

I was from a time when it was rare not to take the husband's name. At least my maiden name became my legal middle name. I'm not sure what I think about the hyphenated last name thing.

When my grandfather came to America, he "Americanized" his Scandinavian name. I guess that was common. Remember when Muhammad Ali changed his name? I remember my parents clueless about why he would do such a thing (eye roll).

Sorry. I wander.

Date: February 06, 2024 09:04PM

I knew a great storyteller who called what you did “taking the blackberry path” :) Wandering is appreciated!

I remember meeting a man who took his wife’s last name, they arranged them alphabetically, and their kids were named [blah] [first surname] [second surname] without a hyphen.

At first I was like, “weird.” But then I was like, “Boy, I’ve got some dumb ideas about people’s names.”

I didn’t want to change my last name when I was married the first time, but Husband #1 was a jerk about it. Husband #2 hated his last name, so it wasn’t an issue.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 09:30PM

You are too kind with the blackberry path. We all know that was really a senile brain fart stream. :-D

That reminds me of my old blackberry phone...

Date: February 06, 2024 09:41PM

lol

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 10:00PM

Hell, I am so old I still use Mrs. and always have. At least I have always used my own first name. My batcrap crazy mormon grandmother used Mrs. (Husbands first name and middle initial) last name even on checks after he died! Her other sisters used their maiden name as a middle name, it was expected and none of them were given middle names at birth.

Be careful wandering through those blackberries. THEY BITE!

Date: February 06, 2024 10:02PM

<3

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 11:17PM

I have a female ancestor with the surname Sowerbutts (actually a very ancient English name). I can only imagine the teasing she took as a child and perhaps the relief she got when she married and lost it.

Date: February 06, 2024 11:59PM

:D

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 11:34PM

Who is Ronna McDaniel ???

- clueless

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: February 06, 2024 11:52PM

Do you know how to do an internet search?

Date: February 07, 2024 12:00AM

I’ve come undone!

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 12:26PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is Ronna McDaniel ???
>
> - clueless

I know and I'm a Canuck!

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: February 07, 2024 08:22AM

As long as she goes away, I don't care.

HH =)

Date: February 07, 2024 11:21AM

Hee. Sad thing is you never know if the new boss is going to be worse than the old one…

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 04:37PM

No telling what she'll pull in lawsuits.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 02:21PM

They paid off her whole contract to avoid that. She can sue for defamation, but those suits are notoriously difficult to win. It is at least arguable (and I think slam-dunk) that all the complaints against hiring her were all valid. Truth is always a defense against defamation.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.