Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: February 09, 2024 01:56PM

I will give it two years. The more I see on line and online podcasts the more convinced I am that the Church is going to have to ditch this if they want to have young people stay in the Church.
The proclamation makes it clear marriage is between a male and a female. As the Church tries to embrace all people the family proclamation has to go. I have yet to see a family complete with mum and dad and the kids get converted in the past years. And I travel a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Southbound ( )
Date: February 09, 2024 02:24PM

I see more people leaving the church as a family than joining the church as a family

Posted by: St Johns ( )
Date: February 10, 2024 07:19AM

Southbound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see more people leaving the church as a family
> than joining the church as a family

I don't remember that many families ever joining en masse. But the small children of converts are nearly as good as BIC when it comes to these things.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 09, 2024 04:17PM

They won't publicly disavow it. They will stop referring to it in lessons and church talks.

My dad had it hanging in a dark corner of the hallway. It was supposed to be prominently displayed when visitors entered the house. I'm pretty sure that no one coming to visit the Goops ever noticed it. Considering that there are gay/lesbians in my family, it was a crappy thing to have hanging on the wall. Although I think donating $$$ to Prop 8 was worse.

After my dad went to the hospital for stroke and I knew he was never going to return. I tossed it into the fireplace~ glass frame and all. The glass shattered as it burned to a crisp. Wasn't a big deal because I shoveled out the ashes and glass shards. A well fitting end to a crappy document.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 09, 2024 11:34PM

Maybe someone should print it on toilet paper.

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: February 09, 2024 04:18PM

I don't think so. Oaks is really into it judging by past conferences and you know that he's next in line.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 09, 2024 04:46PM

The church isn’t going to do anything about the proclamation. I think the church is putting more focus on the temple and you will never see a same sex sealing. It’s a multiple tiered church. No LGBTQ+ will get a 2nd anointment.

Posted by: St Johns ( )
Date: February 10, 2024 07:16AM

Oh it will change. The ruling class will make a great trade....they offer religious liberty (which is already guaranteed by the constitution) in exchange for protected (preferred) class status. They need to beef up the LDS SDG/DEI/ESG scores to protect their ample investments. The exact same reason why Bednar attends climate repentance rallies and LDS magazines now show a variety of demographics in their photographs now.

A couple of years ago, a group of trusted LGBT+ "leaders" were given a tour of the Washington DC temple. Check out the expression on the TBM's face while he looks at the obviously gay and trans visitors nearby.

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2022/4/27/23034223/latter-day-saint-leaders-lgbt-advocates-common-ground-washington-dc-temple-faith-religious-liberty

'Latter-day Saints sat peacefully with dozens of LGBTQ advocates in the Celestial Room of the Washington D.C. Temple last week during a special private tour of the church’s holiest space, which normally is closed to the public.

'Perfect quiet is normal etiquette for a Celestial Room, but the LGBTQ leaders from across the country said the moments they shared in the temple with their friends from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints strengthened relationships that are actively working to beef up both gay rights and religious rights across the United States.

'“We truly can have LGBTQ liberty and religious liberty together. These are not oppositional viewpoints,” said Angela Hughey, president of One Community, a coalition seeking equal treatment for LGBTQ Arizonans.'

Date: February 10, 2024 06:12PM

They might protect their investments but the RLDS lost 1/3 of their membership over mainstreaming too much. I guess the business means more than tithing revenue.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 10, 2024 11:08AM

I bet that Mormon leadership wishes they had a way to erase the Proclamation on the Family and make everyone forget it ever existed. Same thing for Book of Abraham and the First Vision.

Date: February 10, 2024 06:16PM

Maybe they are blowing Jesus up so big they can deflate those other things over time and it won’t be noticed.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 10, 2024 03:52PM

There are far bigger problems that LDS Inc is facing that are causing/allowing the youth to leave than just the Croc Proc. Sexism, boredom, goofy temple rituals immediately come to mind, plus info on the internet.

Date: February 10, 2024 06:18PM

You can’t polish a turd. I guess the end achievement of the scam is a lucrative holding company.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 10, 2024 11:10PM

of church pictures hanging around. The only one was of the SL temple and it was an old one in an oval frame that my nonmormon BIL bought at a yard sale. That's it. I've seen that hanging in some homes, but I've never read it.

As an adult you can tell that they are just making things up as they go, but as a child I didn't know that nor could I figure it out. I'm so glad I'm out.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 14, 2024 06:36PM

It certainly will.

Posted by: George Hayduke ( )
Date: February 15, 2024 08:19PM

LDS Inc. has a delicate balancing act, embrace pop culture too much and too quickly and they'll see wholesale loss of membership.

While on the subject of GBLTQAI+ism; "Homosexuality, like androgyny, might be an instinctive racial response to overpopulation, crowding, and stress. Both flourish when empire reaches its apogee." - Edward Abbey

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 15, 2024 08:54PM

You're quoting that?

It's cowardly to blame one's own homophobia on someone else.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.