Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 20, 2024 06:15PM

...OFF of Your SHELF & Outta Your LIFE Forever!!!

https://shorturl.at/rtwDK

David O. McKay shoulda excommunicated Bruce & his novel way back then when he had the chance!

Unfortunately Your well-worn copy of "The Mirace of Forgiveness" ain't bringing nearly as much $$$...best to just take it out back & douse it with kerosene & watch that PURE EVIL Burn Baby Burn in hopes that Spence W is rolling in his grave!!!

https://shorturl.at/etL26

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: February 20, 2024 07:11PM

I have the (non-black) first edition, listed there at $150, but It's far too valuable a resource showing Mormon doctrinal stupidity for me to part with it.

I think it is a mistake to burn Mormon books or scriptures. How else can one back up claims
against them? Any lawyer knows that the most powerful evidence against a witness is the witness' own words.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 20, 2024 07:25PM

Mormons try to distance themselves from it. One person told me that the fact that it was published by Bookcraft put it on a third tier (the top tier was books published by TCOJCOLDS, the second tier was Deseret Books).

I do know that my MP required all the missionaries to have a copy.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 20, 2024 07:25PM

Agreed. We need to keep those things in circulation so we can prove the lies.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: February 20, 2024 10:56PM

To anyone who is in favor of destroying Mormon books, I would ask How would you feel about the morality of Mormon missionaries going to libraries and destroying books critical of Mormonism?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 20, 2024 11:44PM

Exactly. Books are evidence.

My concern is finding a place to donate old church stuff where it won't eventually be destroyed.

Mormons will donate historical stuff to the church where it will not see the light of day. Non Mormons aren't all that interested in Mormon stuff.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 21, 2024 12:00AM

Dear Sir Richard...

I sooo truly appreciate & value your unwavering approach & deference to logic on this matter as well as sooo many other issues per your fabulous website which was such an incredible discovery for me & attested to your impeccable integrity for me sooo many many moons ago!

http://www.packham.n4m.org/

My post was truly meant as tongue-in-cheek in making a point of the "inspired" non-sense that Mormonism has published over the years. I am wholeheartedly a "freedom-of-the-press" individual no matter how rancid the end result might be.

It was never my intention to condone or to proffer the notion of destroying or "burning books" as a means of "though control" in any way shape or form. I totally concur with your sentiment mentioned above.

That being said...should the "big one" ever drop nearby my domicile wiping out the ability to provide a much needed heat-source for my family...I can pretty much guaran-dang-tee you that Bruce's "Mormon Doctrine" tome along with the pages of Spence's "The Miracle of Forgiveness" will undoubtedly be gleefully utilized forthwith as said heat-source.

Or so it seems to me...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.