Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 12:54PM

From another thread:

First Counselor J. Anette Dennis responded with the following statement:
“Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to share your feelings,” Dennis said. “As we read through the comments, we were moved by some of the experiences you’ve had. As a member of the General Relief Society Presidency, I can assure you that we and our church leaders are listening and learning from the things you have shared with us.”

She inadvertently let slip the real issue here. The LDS church is an organization with a "We" group and a "You" group. You have heard it a million times, as in "We" weep for the abused children and "We" love "You". Almost every statement from the top relies on that concept. Questions: (1) Why, in her mind, is she part of the "We" club? and (2) what is the secret to getting into the We club where you get to tell everybody else what to do and say and think?

One suspects that the Second Anointing is involved, but that merely restates the question. How do you get into the Second Anointing club?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 01:03PM

And which is more important:  Optics or the Spirit?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 01:24PM

I was thinking the same thing when I read that. However, I can think of plenty of times when "we" really means "you", as in "we need to lengthen our stride."

How to get into the we club:
Check as many of the following boxes as possible
Be born into the right family.

Marry into the right family.

Be successful in your career and at least on the high end of middle class, upper middle preferred. (I think seriously rich may be a hinderance)

Make it clear that you will never never ever say the quiet part out loud. Extra points if you are not even consciously aware that there is a quiet part.

Be a good public speaker/salesperson. This is more important if you lack the family connections listed above. Soares, Uchtdorf, Paul H Dunn.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 01:44PM

I dunno, but perhaps if you have some ruby slippers you could wear then while standing in front of a mirror and say, "we, we, we, we, we, we, we" over and over until it happens.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 05:12PM

as I was not impressed no matter how special they thought they were.

And they can say whatever they want about women having power in the church. Even the men know the women don't have any power. Not like all the men do either.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 11:05AM

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 02:56AM

We with the brown noses say be a toady for Jesus and you might get somewhere.

Posted by: Subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 11:36AM

Instagram had over 17k replies to “sister” Dennis”s talk. Some of the replies were spot on of how Mormonism is sexist. How a mother can’t even hold her own baby for her own babies baby blessing. How women don’t sit on the stand with the bishop. How women can’t pass the sacrament. It went on and on. Women can’t receive the calling of being a ward Clark. The Relief Society can’t allow women to use the bishops store house. Only the bishop can decide who can receive food from the bishops store house yes Relief Society can suggest a name to the bishop who she thinks could benefit from the bishops store house.

Posted by: Subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 11:40AM

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 02, 2024 10:15AM

How do you get into the Second Anointing club?

-Know the right people

-Look the part

-Be successful in the home

-Be influential with MLM, social media

My wife was in the YW presidency. She was a damn good teacher when presenting a lesson, she even impressed one of members of the stake presidency (who was a professor of College of Education).

Two things held my wife's advancement in the church. First, I worked for a demanding job- I can't drop my hat because the church wants something in the middle of a week. Secondly, my wife was big in size. The church likes petite women. And my wife would speak her mind. When something wasn't right, she would tell them off. My wife was eventually released because she called out the other sisters' hypocrisy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.