Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 11:10AM

Because he wanted quickies more often without disrobing. An open crotch gave Joseph quick access. He and any "wife" could have intercourse behind any door and in any barn without being caught. His hand could easily make a move up a skirt without any barrier. Joseph learned his lesson with Fanny Alger in the barn.
He needed something more covert.
The covert wife just has to lift up her dress a little and Joseph is ready to go.

Covenant path or covert path?....hahaha..... whatever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: crone ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 11:13AM

The open crotch was so that women could relieve themselves without having to take off layers of clothing.

Date: March 31, 2024 11:20AM

Joseph knew if a woman had garments she would be quickly available for sex. Joseph would never think of a woman's excretion needs first.
He could have made them two piece from the beginning but he didn't.

Date: March 31, 2024 11:25AM

One of his fantasies--crotchless underwear.
Probably got the idea from a risqué European painting.
LOL

Posted by: momjeans ( )
Date: April 03, 2024 01:07PM

Then there was the "flare leg" model for women. The leg hole was so huge that one could put it aside to go #1.

Date: April 05, 2024 12:18PM

My mom had some of these prior to the two pieces. As a young girl I was horrified by the flair leg style.

Posted by: anonynon ( )
Date: April 07, 2024 05:23PM

am I alone in thinking I'd end up peeing all over my garments in that scenario? Am I the lone sloppy pee-er?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 01:58PM

Crone has the "Occam's Razor" answer, the rest of y'all aren't listening, and are being too clever by half.

So why did JS want underwear with an open butt-flap for men?

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 03:17PM

Well... He was full of gas... and it came to pass...

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 02:29AM

Lol

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 02:50PM

I wish my eyes could blank out these words and my brain this image. Just ewwwwwwwwwww.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 02:29AM

I. KNOW.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 03:25PM

Oh Jesus, I remember the buttoned bum flap underwear. It could have been worse, could have been a zipper.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 03:31PM

Well, to be fair, everyone had open crotch or drop-bottom underwear back in 'em days.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 05:19PM

Why wear open crotch when you can just go commando.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 06:18PM

1)  Open crotch

2)  Insert priesthood

3)  Repeat for eternity

Pardon my fascination with reproduction...

I'm sure it's hearsay, but I've heard about a lab rat experiment where they wired a rat's 'pleasure center' so that when a lever was pressed, the 'pleasure center' got a nice jolt.

The rat was then introduced into a cage with two 'levers.'  One lever, when pressed, allowed a moist, chewy nugget of excellent rat food to roll out.

The other lever, when pressed, delivered a wonderful jolt of joy to the rat's pleasure center.

In the story, the rat was said to have starved to death . . .

Do the story's rat and the ghawd of mankind share anything in common?  Did JoJu believe that sexual climax was the be-all and end-all of existence?

Did evolution do too good a job regarding Homo Sapien Sapien's urge to reproduce?

Pardon my fascination with reproduction...

I'm sure it's hearsay, but I've heard about a lab rat experiment where they wired a rat's 'pleasure center' so that if a lever was pressed, the 'pleasure center' got a nice jolt.

The rat was then introduced into a cage with two 'levers.'  One lever, when pressed, allowed a moist, chewy nugget of excellent rat food to roll out.

The other lever, when pressed, delivered a wonderful jolt of joy to the rat's pleasure center.

In the story, the rat starved to death ...

Do the story's rat and the ghawd of mankind share anything in common?  Did JoJu believe that sexual climax was the be-all and end-all of existence?  

edited to edit ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2024 09:03PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 06:40PM

An editor, an editor! My kingdom for an editor!

Edited to "D'oh!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2024 10:19PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 11:04PM

It was so if he came to a bridge he could jump off the wagon or horse and Whiz in the air!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 05:27AM

Did the garment nonesense even start with Joseph? He becomes a Mason and comes up with his own Mason inspired endowment and he shows a rough version of it to some of the church leaders and gets killed.

Then Brigham Young starts doing endowments in the Nauvoo temple. We know these were done on the top floor using canvas partitions.

This evolved and continued in Utah.

None of the other splinter groups wear garments. If Joseph Smith was behind it you would think some of the other groups would have a garment tradition.

Posted by: Peecimen ( )
Date: April 04, 2024 06:18PM

Probably for the simple reason that they were one pieces and urination and defecation are difficult otherwise. That's before the sex stuff.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 05, 2024 12:50PM

If only we Exs had an alternate conference meeting, this could be on the agenda…

Never Mind.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 07, 2024 03:43PM

Sorry, but back in his day, ALL underwear had either an open crotch or drop-bottom. And the probably stank to high-high heaven.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.