Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Locke ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 02:29PM

The sermons were thoughtful and inspiring, the music was amazing. People applauded the choir and organist at the end. There was a little tea and treats meetup after the services.

I left feeling happy, something I never felt as a Mormon. Frequently, I'd go home after 3 hours of church and just feel depressed and hopeless.

I've never been to anything but Mormon churches, so this was quite the experience for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 02:40PM

Thanks for the return and report. Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, non-mo church music is different. And a trained speaker is capable of presenting thoughtful, meaningful remarks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2024 02:47PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 03:23PM

The Episcopalians know how to do it right. If you enjoy pet animals, their St. Francis day celebrations are often worth a look as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2024 03:24PM by summer.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 08:50PM

I got married in the Episcopal church, by a woman. To me, each service I've attended has been uplifting and also love that there's coffee and donuts after the service.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 10:29PM

The first time I saw a female minister was in an Episcopal cathedral. It was mind-bending for me in that you don't know what you've been missing until you see it. It was representation.

Posted by: Ger Nejker ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 04:13PM

Episcopalians have good hymns and little else. They are a rapidly declining denomination.

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 06:09PM

Everything you want to know (maybe more):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episcopal_Church_(United_States)

Posted by: fischfrei ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 08:59PM

Ger Necker - That's a fairly shallow assessment of the world wide Anglican communion. Desmond Tutu was more than a good hymn - as an example. Most denominations are declining for various reasons. Some are more honest about it than others. Even the mega churches have a revolving door aspect.

The numbers game is not really what matters - the message of what is stood for does. I respect the message of the Episcopal Church, beyond their hymnody. I do not proselytize for them, nor any other denomination, but I respect them.

episcopalchurch.org.

Posted by: Kookoo4Kokaubeam offline ( )
Date: April 02, 2024 10:43AM

Reports of the demise of the Episcopal Church are greatly exaggerated.

Yes, they've got issues as do all mainstream Christian churches right now but at least they are aware and addressing it. They aren't in denial like a certain denomination in SLC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.