Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mahu74 ( )
Date: April 02, 2024 07:24PM

Anyone here involved with the Life Spring self-realization seminar in 1980’s Salt Lake? I attended the seminar and it was a great help in extracting me from Mormonism. The cult-like persuasion and control techniques that Life Spring employed were so similar to what I experienced in the Mormon church that I was able to understand that I was in a cult. I left the Church immediately and never looked back.
It was rumored that the brethren were so concerned by the impact that they were actively counseling members to stay away from Life Spring.
I was recently reminded of Life Spring when I read that Ginni Thomas, wife of Clarence, had been heavily involved with the group. Looks like she found a new cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: April 02, 2024 10:21PM

Sorry, I have never heard of this Life Spring thing.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 02, 2024 11:42PM

then and we got hit up for listening to the stupid spiel. My "husband" was always foolish enough to think maybe these would be a good thing. Oh yes. Let's do that. One of his gay friends really bugged us about it.

He ended up in prison for sexually abusing scouts. I wonder if he is still in there.

We met him in the singles ward. He did the video of our "wedding" --the reception, etc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.