Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 04, 2024 02:35PM

Just curious if the church has taken out full page ads in local papers for GC?

Previously, they did to generate excitement over Rusty's grandiose proclamations. Now that he is slowing down from a fall, it will be interesting if he's able to present a pre-recorded message or be propped up on the stand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 04, 2024 03:04PM

It would be quite the spectacle if he attended, but didn't speak, just sat there for all the sessions ... except at the end, someone would bring out a 2¼'x6¼' box and put it on his lap. Then Rusty would reach in and hold up one 2'x6' sign after another, each one with the name of a city (or country) that is getting a brand new temple.

The buzz would get increasingly louder until he pulled out the 15th and last sign: Cuautla, Morelos, Mexico!!!

The other 14:

Panama City, Panama
Akureyri, Iceland
Zabid, Yemen
Kandahar, Afghanistan
Exarcheia, Greece
Tombstone, Arizona, USA
Maputo, Mozambique
Cali, Colombia
Lancaster, California USA
Irapuato, Mexico
Ipo, Malaysia
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Kajaani, Finland
Ottumwa, Iowa, USA

Posted by: Scooby doo ( )
Date: April 06, 2024 03:52PM

Did you feel that? Nope wasn't an earthquake, just Ezra T Benson rolling in his grave. A temple with Ho Chi Manh in the name.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 04, 2024 03:24PM

My local TV network has been showing frequent announcement ads for the coming LDS conference. At the end, there is a long scroll of all the righteous businesses that "support" the conference. By this I assume the sponsors are paying to help air the program. It feels like advertisers for the giant church advertiser to me.

The church has more money than the other businesses here. The church could pay for their own darn broadcast completely, IMO. Heck, the church probably owns parts of our local network.

But no, the local businesses (some of them are businesses who complain about having to pay their employees a living wage) pitch in to help the parasite religion get special treatment.

Businesses pay to kiss the church's rear and apparently people are impressed by it. "We'll help you advertise if you help us advertise" seems to be the scheme. Maybe the businesses think this is an easy way to visibly cater to Mormons customers here, which no doubt works. I don't find businesses that push or associate with religion a good thing, but people like me are a small minority.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 04, 2024 04:16PM

A Better Idea?

-Door Prizes

- distribute unsold 'Testimony Gloves'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2024 02:22AM by Maude.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 06, 2024 02:11AM

GC will be the mormon version of "Weekend At Bernie's"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.