Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: April 07, 2024 04:09PM

How are you, all of you fabulous people??

I decided to have an update to my schooling (or lack thereof). I will be returning in at the beginning of May. I needed the time off to get things straight.

Things are going well. I lost my therapist, but I am good for a bit. I got through the issues I had with the ex, and letting go of the kids took time, but eventually I was able to let them go. That was hard. But I am OK.

I have made a solid decision to keep myself focused on things. My fav pastime, learning how to do chess puzzles is going well. According to my tactics provider, I am in 1700 range. However, there is still more work.

I have made a bunch of progress that needed to be dealt with first, before going back to the books. I have the classes I need lined up in a row. If proctored, I will have about 60 credits to apply towards the Bachelor's.

Just wanting to let everyone know, I am good. I figured it was Conference weekend. I know I am better off. My mom still goads me about it. However, if people want to worship a psychotic, narcissistic being in the sky, that likes to 'test' people, and likes the foibles of humanity. More power to them.

Going to read some threads. Have a great day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 07, 2024 04:20PM

Good to hear, LL. Thanks for the happy update. Sounds like there are more adventures to come. Enjoy!

Date: April 07, 2024 04:23PM

I have been on the same meds for a good while. Everything seems to be 'better'.

It was a good 4 months.

How are you doing, NG?

I feel horribly behind. I can only picture my ex staring at the TV during conference. Drooling. lol

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 07, 2024 05:31PM

I'm glad you are OK and working toward your goals. Keep at it. I hope you get a new therapist soon. Nothing new is happening here.

Keep studying!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 07, 2024 05:41PM

Welcome back!

>> My mom still goads me about it.

My advice would be to keep it simple with your mom. Perhaps you could respond, "I'm glad that you are enjoying General Conference, Mom. It's not for me, but I know that you get something out of it." Mormons need to learn that adults get to make adult decisions. I wouldn't go into detail about your choice.

The expression is JADE, as in, never justify, argue, defend, or explain your reasonable choices. If you google JADE, there is a wealth of resources.

Good luck with school! I'll be taking some classes myself shortly.

Date: April 07, 2024 06:11PM

She's never been subjected to it, but she thinks it's funny I believed such nonsense. The more time that goes by, I don't long for it at all.

She still goads me to remind me of what I used to believe, because it so moronic to her.

She's not putting me down, but I have some tirades every so often. Less of them than usual. She watches KSL for the local news and weather. But whenever something is on that I don't like, she reminds me that I used to believe in the garbage.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 07, 2024 06:21PM

Then I would just say, "Mom, enough." Be firm with her. You don't need goading.

Date: April 07, 2024 06:49PM

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: April 07, 2024 11:52PM

Good luck to you! I hope the best.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.