Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 10:14PM

Kohberger is using as a defense an alibi namely that he was driving around by himself on the night of the murders

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2024/04/attorneys-for-bryan-kohberger-file-alibi-defense-in-idaho-student-homicide-case/

"In a 10-page filing near the end of the day, Kohberger’s attorneys added extra details about their client’s whereabouts the early morning of the knife attack.

“Mr. Kohberger was out driving in the early morning hours of Nov. 13, 2022; as he often did to hike and run and/or see the moon and stars,” the alibi defense filing reads. “He drove throughout the area south of Pullman, Washington, west of Moscow, Idaho, including Wawawai Park."

Doesn't sound like the strongest alibi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 10:28PM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 10:46PM

It's sad how many people insist on having "their" truth irrespective of facts.

Can you guess, for instance, who today spoke in a social media post of "my TRUTH [sic]" when attacking Jimmy Kimmel?

Pathetic, isn't it, when non-murderers do the same thing as Kohberger?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 06:46AM

All of our beliefs are a socially accepted form of confabulation. There are just varying degrees.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 10:36PM

I don't follow this that much, but after my silly wisecrack, above, I got to thinking: Do I correctly recall that the authorities revealed that his phone made pings close to the murder scene around the time of the killings? And wasn't there some video evidence of his car passing by, like a recon ride?

People with better info can refute, correct, or confirm me, please. If that's the case, then tech people can research his phone and check for video evidence of his car for locations during the hours in question.

But yes, [!], that sure sounds like a weak alibi.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 17, 2024 10:51PM

From the article above:

"At the time Kohberger was a graduate student of criminal justice and criminology at Washington State University in Pullman, about 9 miles west of Moscow over the state line. Police allege that he made at least 14 visits to the cell tower coverage area of the King Road house, including twice on the day of the four students’ deaths, according to the probable cause affidavit for Kohberger’s arrest."

The probable cause statement referenced:

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/isc.coi/CR29-22-2805/122922+Affidavit+-+Exhibit+A+-+Statement+of+Brett-Payne.pdf

See pages 5-7 about tracking the car.

As to the phone tracking, see beginning on page 13; especially this quote

"At approximately 2:47 a.m. the 8458
Phone stops reporting to the network, which is consistent with either the phone being in an area
without cellular coverage, the connection to the network is disabled (such as putting the phone in
airplane mode), or that the phone is turned off The 8458 Phone does not report to the network
again until approximately 4:48 a.m. at which time it utilized cellular resources that provide
coverage to ID state highway 95 south of Moscow, ID near Blaine, ID (north of Genesee".

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 09:49AM

The police have the cell tower records, video surveillance tapes, and also DNA evidence linking him to the crime scene.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 11:59AM

Exactly. This is about as slam-dunky as it gets.

I still appreciate the irony that the crime occurred in Moscow, ID, and the accused was found a few miles from Moscow, PA, which by coincidence is where my grandfather is buried, and near where I grew up.

Fun fact: Moscow ID was named after of Moscow PA, and not the one in Russia, by the first postmaster, who was from Moscow, PA. There is some dispute about the origin of the city's name, but I like this version.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 12:15PM

iF it doesn't fit, you must acquit!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.