Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Old Al ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 03:06PM

Has anyone read any of this? The site includes a two hour interview with Lars Nielsen.

https://www.howthebookofmormoncametopass.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 03:31PM

As a lazy person, addicted to brevity (except in bed...I had to add that cuz, you know, ... Gladys) it matters not a whit to me HOW or WHY the BofM is not what JoJu and the mormon church claim it to be.

I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that, in my mind, it is probably not the product of Nephite technology working hand-in-hand with agents of the lord.

If I die and the next thing I see is St. Peter waving a finger at me and 'tsk-tsking' me, I'll grovel and try to blame it all on you guys!

Date: April 18, 2024 03:41PM

Then you can ignore it. Perhaps it will benefit someone else.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 03:53PM

Thank you!  This means the world to me!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 04:34PM

It's intriguing, but I'm no longer interested in BoM origins. I'm not sure why Lars thinks that knowing the Kirchner angle would trigger a faith crisis. It could, but most TBMs can compartmentalize anything.

Date: April 18, 2024 06:15PM

The only thing I found that was interesting was that BYU started buying works by Kircher in the late 60s and hid them in its Special Collections. Somebody must have been concerned that Kircher’s references to Mormon and Nephi in his works could be incriminating. Sounds like a Hugh Nibley inspired buying spree.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 19, 2024 08:55AM

I'm convinced that BYU's Special Collections section is where truthful or embarassing information goes to die. I think that all of the pioneer journals that were robbed from families ended up there.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 19, 2024 10:17AM

I went into that area of the library once when I attended BYU. It's walled off and you have to show ID and sign in. It gave me the creeps even then.

At first I thought it was because the documents were valuable. Now I know it is also because the documents have guarded truth and they want to know who is looking at it.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: April 18, 2024 07:10PM

With the magic rock in the hat NO explanation about Tight or Loose "translation" makes sense at all.

All questions are answered with "Joe read the words, the scribe wrote and repeated them. NO new words were shown on the magic rock until those already written were correct.

There is no room for interpretation at all.

It is as correct as God, The spook and Joey's fertile mind can make it - that and a few thousand 'corrections".

Date: April 19, 2024 04:14AM

The LDS Church is an evil institution with its pay to play temples robbing the poor. If a manuscript written by Sidney Rigdon which was clearly the origin of the Book of Mormon showed up I would be ecstatic. That would be a smoking gun which would clearly expose the fraud. I do not expect that to happen, but if other bits and pieces show up which might finally free a few more from the Mormon Corporation I am all for it. While many of us might say we don’t need any more proof, most of us were at a point in the past where one more piece of information finally broke us. 20 years ago a lot of that information was being regularly exposed on this site. I lurk a little bit still and don’t find that as much here anymore. I can tell you when I left the LDS Church this place was a big contributor.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: April 19, 2024 05:50AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.