Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Karnak the Magnificent ( )
Date: April 23, 2024 07:42PM

I do Mormon Light, i.e., haven't paid tithing in decades, don't have a Temple recommend, have an easy calling.

The word has probably got around among ward members that Brother Karnak doesn't pay tithing, the reason he has a decent amount of income from investments and financial security is because he is a cheater, a phony.

-------

At any rate, even among active members it seems that there's more of an underlying weariness with it all than there has ever been. There are more inactive or part active families than I can remember. It's a little stunning how many people have become inactive or have left in last few decades. I realize I'm mostly preaching to the choir here. Huge numbers of young people are saying to hell with it. I overheard someone say his Bishop from his childhood said forget it. His former Skate President also recently said to hell with it. From a sociological perspective it makes me wonder where it is going.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 23, 2024 07:53PM

If the church shifts to mostly having temples, most people will never know the temples are empty most of the time. Not only are temples an investment to park their megabillions, they hide the declining numbers of butts in the pews.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: April 23, 2024 08:02PM

Pretty much think You nailed it there Karnak!

Absolutely love your anecdotes & am hoping that trend continues.

Sitting back & extrapolating the seemingly current trajectory of the waning appeal of LDS-INC in every regard it appears that very soon all that will be left of those who claim to be members of the Club will be those "lazy learners" who Rusty so eloquently "dissed" AS US in his early reign.

Or so it seems to me!

On another unrelated topic Brother Karnak...any hot investment tips as to where to place some $$$ in the booming AI industry???

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: April 23, 2024 09:29PM

Taking on a Sponge Bob theme.

What the church is offering in a place called the Rusty Bucket. It has one menu item that they promise will make you happy. But that menu item has no flavor, looks nice, but there is no meat to be found. The item was created by a Chef that claimed to be the best of the best, but could not prove his credentials. You are assured that menu item will make your chest burn and it is worth the high menu price. Which you eventually discover to be heartburn without a dollar in your pocket to buy an antacid. All this will make you happy! The Rusty Bucket promises.

But the fine print at the bottom of the door as you enter, says the happiness not found is your fault and not that of the proprietor. No refunds given!!!

If you upset the owners of the Rusty Bucket, they will put your picture on the wall and write banned on it.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: April 28, 2024 10:46AM

What are you talking about...with E..V..E..R..Y.. city in UT County getting its very own special temple...it should be a slam dunk gaining new members...

Posted by: Thorns and Roses ( )
Date: May 02, 2024 08:17PM

nonmo_1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are you talking about...with E..V..E..R..Y..
> city in UT County getting its very own special
> temple...it should be a slam dunk gaining new
> members...

Is it a psyche trick that if it's more convenient then hopefully more people will attend ?

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: May 02, 2024 07:59AM

Why haven't you left the church?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.