Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: April 23, 2024 07:57PM

My brother was digging up some tree trunks from some dead trees in my parents yard. As he was digging, he found a CTR ring. My mom posted it to the family's chat. She was wondering who it might have been.

One sister assumed someone had dropped it and it got buried over time. No one really said anything. But then my inactive sister (yet still fully a believer), texted me out of the chat and asked, "did you bury that ring as an act of rebellion?"

So...

When I was a teenager, I got into a fight of some sort with my dad. I remember I was out by that tree for quite awhile calming down. After I did calm down, I remember I went back into the house and played the hymn Love at Home as a passive aggressive way to make him feel guilty. That has been all that I remembered over 25 years later.

Until my brother found this ring. The full memory was unlocked. I had completely forgotten about the ring part until now, but now I can remember it all vividly.

I haven't admitted to the rest of my family that it was mine. I'm the only one who has left the church, so they probably all assume it was me anyway. Crazy how things work out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 23, 2024 08:00PM

That's a hoot.
I predict somehow they will turn it into a faith promoting story!

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 12:30AM

If my mother would have been involved with this magic holy ring, having it reappear after all these years, it is a sure sign from God that you need to change your ways , repent and get right with the Lord.

Period, end of discussion..... My mother wasn't LDS.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 12:55PM

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 09:21AM

Finding that ring is for sure a Tender Mercy. Not just a Mercy and surely not a Tougher than Rawhide Dog Chew Mercy!

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 12:56PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.