Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 12:07PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-school-district-addresses-rumors-194357932.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

I don't understand this. This wasn't even addressed by Nelson at GC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 12:31PM

Veterinarians who treat furries are outraged at how one-sided the attacks against their patients have become!!

"Am I allowed to pet the furries during interviews?" asks local Bishop...

"Look at how much they shed!" complain local school custodians.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 01:19PM

People have lost their minds.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 04:12PM

Someone has turned the crazy knob to 11.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 04:43PM

It's the new normal. You like the old normal better?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 09:38PM

The normies complain that they have to respect the furries, but the furries lick, bite and scratch them. They also say the principal's child is a furrie.

Trans-specie rights are human rights!
Um...wait a minute...

Date: April 24, 2024 10:09PM

Intolerance rears its ugly head.

Date: April 24, 2024 10:16PM

Just so you know.

Date: April 24, 2024 10:52PM

Okay, but I draw the line at furries humping on my leg.

Date: April 24, 2024 11:06PM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 25, 2024 12:45AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay, but I draw the line at furries humping on my
> leg.

EOD will be heartbroken.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 01:20PM

My god. Kids will lick *anything*.

Remove their tongues. ::eyeroll::

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 24, 2024 07:30PM

Posted by: Anon57 ( )
Date: April 26, 2024 05:42AM

anybody Wrote:
> n/t

I'd fear for someone's psychological and financial well-being for spending thousands of dollars on this infantile hobby while simultaneously being unable to support themselves in other ways. I wouldn't want to employ such a person or want to socialize with them.

I've had the misfortune to encounter such people. One is the son of a successful surgeon, who spends his time running around on the street screeching and making whooping noises. He self-describes as a furry. I was once in the same building with him running up and down the stairs making these noises. He's twenty years old and still behaving like this. Unsurprisingly the manchild is unable to make any friends or get a job, because he is obsessed with furries and anime. He has an interest in entomology, which is what he should have been encouraged in instead. That might help him build a proper life for himself.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 25, 2024 12:12AM

Kids have figured out a highly effective way to jerk adult chains, and they’re having a great time.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: April 25, 2024 01:41AM

Why does reading this story remind me of the Salem witch trials...

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: April 25, 2024 09:17AM

Two weeks ago DW and I drove to a small town in NW Georgia for a lunch along the river. It is a lovely spot where the tiny cities of McCaysville GA and Copper Hill TN meet. While eating our dinner on the patio overlooking the river, folks started walking by wearing animal costumes. We asked the server what was going on. She replied laughing, 'They are furries'. Apparently there was a gathering of them in this rural setting. I tried to determine if they were taking themselves seriously dressing up as furries. Some were quite elaborate. It was an interesting sideshow to our dinner.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 25, 2024 10:49AM

LOL. I think when it is 120 degrees with high humidity there, some of those furries will find another fad.

Date: April 26, 2024 10:21AM

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/litter-boxes-in-schools-how-a-disruptive-and-demeaning-hoax-frustrated-school-leaders/2022/11

"All of the claims have been debunked, often by school leaders themselves who posted statements on social media and school websites to limit the rumor’s spread. Powers and his team posted a statement on the school’s Twitter account refuting Bolduc’s claims.

But the hoax still has a lasting impact during a time when schools need to be laser focused on solving staffing challenges and helping students regain their academic footing. It was also unfairly and inaccurately used to ostracize LGBTQ students, who are not necessarily part of the furries subculture, in which people dress up as animals.

“It takes us away from what we’re working on and what we’re trying to accomplish on a daily basis,” Powers said. “Anytime you have something like that, time and resources are spent … which then just takes us away from the good work that’s being done by our faculty and staff on a daily basis.”"

Date: April 26, 2024 11:48AM

Just wait until the Furries are attacked by the 'Toids!

I think it's obvious that were I to become a 'Toid, I'd dress up as an 8-foot tall, baby-eating spider...

As for being a Furry, it's Chihuahua all the way, baby!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 26, 2024 07:19PM

It's sad that some are so gullible they believe this. It's too stupid to even be an urban legend.

Date: April 26, 2024 07:41PM

I'm guessing some old fogies might be desperate to create a new distraction again.

Date: April 26, 2024 07:55PM

Date: April 26, 2024 08:15PM

If anyone is stupid enough to believe this, they should not be allowed to cross the street alone.

Date: April 27, 2024 05:43AM

We laugh at these news stories, but they are a symptom a larger problem: cult manipulation and fear.

Once you've been convinced that your way of life is ending and the world outside is negative or evil, you can be persuaded to believe anything and doubt everything -- including your own sanity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2024 06:05AM by anybody.

Posted by: Ōsandamushi ( )
Date: April 27, 2024 03:57PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 28, 2024 02:12AM

No kidding. I saw an interview with a televangelist who said that he knew a man with a brother-in-law who was a furry and a grade school teacher. The teacher used a litter box in front of the students, honest to God. I have no way to explain this. I guess bullshit is good fertilizer for rumors.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 01, 2024 07:10PM

https://www.abc4.com/news/central-utah/officials-on-mt-nebo-middle-school-bomb-threats/

" Following a series of bomb threats to Mt. Nebo Middle School, authorities gave insight into the scope of the threat in a press conference Wednesday.

The first bomb threat came on April 19, two days after a group of students and adults participated in an hours-long protest against what they referred to as “furries.” Videos of the protest went viral on social media, with students expressing grievances.

Some claimed there were attacks from these furries — which they described as students who dressed up as animals — where they would bite or scratch other students. However, school officials said on Wednesday that they had no evidence of this happening.

Seth Sorensen, Nebo School District Public Information Officer, said the one incident they had confirmed was that a group of girls had come to school wearing headbands with “ears” on them. He said another group of students then threw food at them in response. He said the administration got involved and requested the girls not to wear the headbands, which they have complied with ever since.

As for biting and scratching, the district said it has not seen it or found evidence of it happening. However, Sorensen asks parents and students to speak with teachers or administrators if they do witness such an incident.

Regardless of the furry debate at Mt. Nebo Middle School, bomb threats have continued to come, with the latest threat taking place Tuesday. Sorensen said the threats did not reference furries or any groups of students in particular but appeared to be linked to the protest since they began after the walkout."

Date: May 01, 2024 08:00PM

[|] Wrote:
> Some claimed there were attacks from these furries
> — which they described as students who dressed
> up as animals — where they would bite or scratch
> other students. However, school officials said on
> Wednesday that they had no evidence of this
> happening.

The End.

Date: May 01, 2024 10:08PM

By this definition I am a FURRY too!!!!! And here I thought I was so boring. I have a couple of headbands with ears to hold my hair back while I wash my face. This is the most interesting thing I have found out about myself in ages. :)

Date: May 01, 2024 10:19PM

Reading your braggadocious declaration made me furrious!!!!

Date: May 01, 2024 10:21PM

LOL. My little granddaughter has a headband like that. She also has actual cat scratches on her arms sometimes from their pet cat. Plus, she has some T shirts with kitties and various animals on them.

I'm going to talk to them to see if she is using their cat's litter box. ;-)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 03, 2024 10:19PM

Long ago, satanists were infiltrating the schools (not really). Now furries are infiltrating the schools (not really). One jerk televangelist claimed to know of a teacher, somewheres in Indiana, who is a furry and uses his litterbox in front of the kids. Back then, the satanists had secret abuse tunnels under the school. None of this has ever happened.

Date: May 03, 2024 10:31PM

Posted by: Tired of Lack of Focus ( )
Date: May 04, 2024 02:54AM

All of these distractions in the schools are primarily underhanded attempts to cancel Social Security and Medicare. Many of the proponents of all these distracting ideas are doing so ignorantly. But we need to look at the bottom line. The US government will soon be spending over 20% of all gross wages on interest on the National Debt. The Medicare program will be broke in a few years. Social Security will follow soon afterwards. And so many jobs held by Americans are continuing to go overseas because we simply are failing at educating students in America. What's needed is for our schools and teachers/staff to be able to focus 100% on education and for all these distractions to be kept out of the schools. The kids need to learn reading, writing, and arithmetic skills & be proficient on these things & no more advancing kids past 3rd grade if they haven't mastered these basics & same for the rest of the elementary school years so we can make sure they are setup for success in life. During their secondary years they need to learn financial responsibility & staying out of debt. We need to make it easier for them to earn their way through college/trades rather than come out as debt slaves. The biggest problem is NOT helping kids be able to afford college, but making college more affordable. And most kids going to college shouldn't be there in the first place because they haven't done the prerequisites that ought to be required. Fpr starts, so many of them are so financially illiterate and haven't even mastered basic 4th grade math skills of exponents and how this relates to financial management in life. They make up most of the voters now and that's why you will be paying DOUBLE TITHING for the rest of your life on interest on the National Debt. Congrats for being DOUBLE WORTHY now.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 04, 2024 03:40AM

Apparently you didn't notice the statement linked by [|] above, in which school officials announced that the story was a complete fabrication and nothing of the sort actually occurred.

https://www.abc4.com/news/central-utah/officials-on-mt-nebo-middle-school-bomb-threats/

Which makes your screed look somewhat silly.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.