Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notinspite ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 09:08PM

The word intervening could be replaced with controlling and taking people's identity away. It started with me as a child, I also held my soul and spirit on a higher plane than people around me that weren’t born into the chosen fold. I am done with this process repeating itself, no one is better than anyone else and children should not be told they are the chosen. As a combined human race we have entered into an enlighten period with science and once and for all can eliminate any truth to the LDS religion. The Book of Mormon- their capstone and keystone that holds their whole religion together is not true. We need to give the Natives their heritage back. I am turning my back on my heritage also and saying you guys were wrong, I was wrong too. I went to Canada last summer and it gave me a huge perspective on their culture. I dated someone that was one-fourth native and he knew where his ancestors came from, over 9,000 years ago-Asia. They hold that to be true and no one has come close to taking that away from them like Joseph took that from the Natives living in the United States region and not to forget about the Islanders. My bf would laugh so hard when I would tell him how the Mormons operate. When I took my church history class at BYU-I and I read the chapter about Zion’s camp and their little march to Missouri to re-claim it and JS pointed out some hills saying that was a Lamanite burial mound. I thought…hmm…there’s proof right there that he thought the Natives were the people in his made up book. I hadn’t quite made the connection but that was for sure some loose ends that needed to be tied up. The numbers he describes in his Hill Cumorah final battle cannot be taken seriously by any person that is half way educated. (This is just the tip of the ice berg-where old Joe Smith started his whole tall tale) This whole religion still plagues almost my whole family on both sides and I think my whole experience and couple of years of independence has called me to action for the sake of future generations. This is my game plan people:

I am currently making a documentary about how ridiculous/creepy Mormonism is. It is me and two other former Mormons-one being my sister. All three of us are super outgoing matter of fact people who want to help make a change. It hit my sister and I just recently-visiting our family up in ID and MT that a new doc. is needed to educate people that are thinking about leaving, joining, or curious about this strange religion that seems to be normal and mainstream- (which is so far from that, as you all know) We want to highlight how it has evolved from it's roots and do a lot of interviews. We are also going to focus on how it ostracizes people from their family and support system if they don't conform. I am mad about how I grew up and don't want it to harm future generations. We have 19 nieces and nephews and it's mainly dedicated to them. I don't think they should grow up in fairy tale like I did,knowledge is power. I never tapped into my higher thinking of reason which stunted my growth and I judged others largely. I went through an extremely low period like two years when I left the church ago and was so lost at a time I should be entering the work force as a contributing member of society. I felt like my whole world ended when I found out it wasn't true- I was a jack Mormon but believed it to be true. I read the book called the "Secret" about a month ago and realized that this is what attracts and gives me drive me in all sorts of ways; anti-Mormonism activism. I spend all my free time researching and reading about the Mormon Church. I wanted to get people's stories-email me. I watched the documentary on Prop 8 the other night and thought it was amazing but I think my doc. needs to target the roots of the church and totally destroy their core beliefs, exploit their contradictions, and how it was founded. I am 25 and have so much energy directed at the church for forming/shaping my life for years and my parent’s lives that affected me greatly. I think it needs to have people and their stories in it that have been directly affected by its poison. I never had a voice in my household and now I finally do. I lived in fear and went to BYU-I and was still treated like a child. I needed to do things on my own to learn and grow. They raise fragile people with a weak disposition. The church sends practically children out into the mission field as "Elders,” It will be dedicated to them as well. The LDS church is a huge business/corporation that needs to be taken down. I also want to talk more about the suicides that happen as well. My aunt recently committed suicide(April) at the young age of 42. I was very close to her, and blame a lot of her insecurities on the church, she relied on my grandparents up until her death. She was still trying to please her mom and dad. My grandma (mom's mom) has a huge reputation in a city in Montana...she is the most extreme case I have ever met. She ran that town or thought she did for about 40 years. My dad has said many times she caused over 30 divorces. I would tell him growing up that you have to forgive all people and he would say you couldn’t forgive the devil. I could write endlessly about the fuel I have for this documentary. I don't care who knows either-my family-anyone, who are the people behind it. I am in the next stage of my grieving process and that is to cause a change, educate, and inform. I do not want other's to go through what I went through. Contact me(email) if you want to help or have more information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 09:18PM

Come to the Exmormon Conference this coming October (www.exmormonfoundation.com) and talk about your project. You will find people who will encourage you and even give you ideas and $$ support.

You need a focus. The world of Mormonism is HUGE. There is enough there for a complete documentary series, not just a single documentary. The scope of what you describe is way too big. For example, the missionary program. There is enough drama, disappointment, death and desperation in that one aspect alone to make a stand-alone documentary.

Frame this as a peek into an American sub-culture. And why it's a sub-culture. The way things really work in Mormonism is completely different than average American life where people make their own choices about their lives, even if they belong to a religion. Examining the subculture of Mormonism and how it bends and warps as it goes overseas, mister you could be in the film business for the rest of your life.

The people with a lot of experience in anti-Mormon documentary films are the Living Hope Ministries in Brigham City. They would be willing to sit down and talk with you about your project and some of the $ realities involved.

Good luck-- the resistance movement needs you!

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.