Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 06:39PM

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-03-02-Jesus_pope_Jews_02_ST_N.htm
Remind me again what the point of having a prophet leading your religion is?

This is not to say I believe the Pope. He is just way more exciting than double piercing prophets.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 06:48PM

Well, trying to stop anti Semitism is a bit more impoertant than trying to stop tattoos and piercings. Not that I am a big fan of Benedict, but he has this issue right and it is important unlike the issues so dear to the Morg.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 09:09PM

{post removed}

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 09:11PM by 3X.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 07:20PM

...and although he did not expressly say so, he did not appear to blame the entire population of Illinois for Joe's demise, which is a kind of back-door exoneration, I suppose.

"How great indeed is our debt to [Joseph Smith]. His life began in Vermont and ended in Illinois...."

http://josephsmith.net/josephsmith/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=b6dce24a433f1010VgnVCM1000001f5e340aRCRD

Where would we be without religious leaders to tell us stuff? ;o)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 25, 2011 07:26PM

Gorspel Dacktrin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...and although he did not expressly say so, he
> did not appear to blame the entire population of
> Illinois for Joe's demise, which is a kind of
> back-door exoneration, I suppose.

What a Saint he was - literally. I have heard people here disparage the Missouri settlers, the Illinois people and anyone else in the Midwest that got in the way of Joe's plans.

Funny, Jesus didn't build cities that I knew of. He tried to be a good Hebrew I guess. Joe on the other hand was up to political and polygamous tricks. But of course, those who "shed the blood of the prophets" was sorely cursed.

http://lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/135.3a?lang=eng
7They were innocent of any crime, as they had often been proved before, and were only confined in jail by the conspiracy of traitors and wicked men; and their innocent blood on the floor of Carthage jail is a broad seal affixed to “Mormonism” that cannot be rejected by any court on earth, and their innocent blood on the escutcheon of the State of Illinois, with the broken faith of the State as pledged by the governor, is a witness to the truth of the everlasting gospel that all the world cannot impeach; and their innocent blood on the banner of liberty, and on the magna charta of the United States, is an ambassador for the religion of Jesus Christ, that will touch the hearts of honest men among all nations; and their innocent blood, with the innocent blood of all the martyrs under the aaltar that John saw, will cry unto the Lord of Hosts till he avenges that blood on the earth. Amen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.