Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Emmahalesmith ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 09:41AM

So I'm taking my kids to SLC next month to visit family. We live very, very far away and usually only see extended family once a year. Turns out, the day we arrive, my niece is getting baptized near the exact time our flight arrives, so I'll be renting transportation to my parents' house. Not really a big deal. My real dilemma is about the the next day. Do I take my kids to church in a show of familial support, and to see their cousin confirmed? Or do I avoid sacrament meeting & the confirmation altogether. Sort of "oops we didn't pack church clothes" kind of a thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 09:44AM

Go to the confirmation. It's about her (8 year old), not you. But, whatta I know?

Ron

Posted by: fallible ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 10:59AM

You could help with the preparation, purchasing, etc. I never attend baby blessings, confirmations, farewells, etc. but always attend/help out at any family gathering before/afterwards.

I don't condone and won't show any support for cult sponsored rituals but let the family member/parents know I care for them.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 11:14AM

than an enema for Emma but only slightly

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.