Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Definitely anon ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:05PM

Seriously, I was waiting all that time for that? It was fun enough, but not mind-blowing. The church blows sex WAY out of proportion. I don't even need to have sex now. It's not as interesting to me now that I've had it. It was therapeutic in a way, being that I'm more comfortable around girls now, (take THAT, Mormonism!). I also was able to make a conscious choice that subconsciously is helping me to move on. Quick question though, what do they do these days if you've had sex, yeah, even deliberately? (I planned that one out for a couple of weeks and it worked). By the way, I feel ZERO guilt. Thanks for being here for me! It's been a good time here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:08PM

Sex can be absolutely mind-blowing. It can also be boring, repulsive, fun, okay, spectacular, and everything in-between. It helps if you don't feel crushed by guilt.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:12PM

However, the OP is exactly right.

Mormonism is completely wrong about sex and has no idea what it's talking about when it comes to sex.

Or pretty much anything else.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:12PM

<<<<<By the way, I feel ZERO guilt.>>>>>

<<<<<I don't even need to have sex now. It's not as interesting to me now that I've had it.>>>>>

Um.... well.... uh.... yeah, I've got nothing.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:20PM

You know it only counts as 'sex' if someone else is there, right...?

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:22PM

Big deal, I had SEVEN on Saturday!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:37PM

I had French Horn. ;-)

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:24PM

It was called Never on Sunday!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:24PM

And when it happens, it's worth it and leaves you feeling satisfied but wanting more.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:31PM

Awesome sex is a learned skill. I might have been hornier when I was younger, but I guarandamntee the sex is better now than I ever could have imagined back then.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:30PM

A very hearty +1

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:25PM

I had sex on Sunday as well. What a coincidence. We should get together some time a talk about it.

Posted by: dapperdan ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:29PM

You, clearly, did not have good sex. After good sex you don't think " I don't even need to have sex now." You think " holy fu*k that sh*t was awesome, when can I do that again?"

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:30PM

It feels much better without a condom.
Its also much better when its with someone you love.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:31PM

Enjoy it-- it just gets better :0)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:36PM

Don't worry, it gets better!

I agree, the Mormon church makes a mountain out of a molehill. Sex is a perfectly natural, normal human activity.

Date: July 28, 2011 01:40PM

Any church that thinks masturbation is unnatural really shouldn't be trusted on anything. I can't think of anything more natural than finding a part of my body that it feels good to touch, and then touching it. If someone can explain any way in which this is unnatural to me then I'd appreciate it. Touching yourself is awesome. Not as fun as actual sex, but it's orgasms without all the complications that come from sleeping with someone.

Posted by: regularguy ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:38PM

I think you did it wrong! Once I started, I couldn't stop!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:43PM

...which was of the fornication variety, and pretty damn good, I half expected my late mother and an angel with a flaming sword to come cut off my penis for having put it in an unauthorized vagina. But, of course, no such thing happened and it struck me how pointless virginity was. Oooo, it's gone. Big deal. Good riddance.

Posted by: Definitely anon ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 01:59PM

Stray Mutt, I think you made the best statement so far. I used to be proud of my virginity, thinking that that actually meant something. Now, I don't really care to go back. I'll have sex when I want to with whoever I want, (within reason), without going overboard, but the crossover wasn't significant like I thought it would be. The best part about it is all the jealousy it helped me to instantly stomp out of my head for girls that have been with other guys. It just doesn't matter to me anymore and that was exactly my goal, (but not the only one),in the whole endeavor. It's like I instantly have a better understanding of relationships. It feels really good.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:08PM

...you're dragging around all the church's messed up ideas about sex and sin and eternal consequences and keeping yourself pure. You can't function normally under those circumstances. You get a distorted view of the other person where she/he becomes a huge piece of forbidden fruit, not an actual person. And you become a strange cartoon of yourself, trying to dodge the invisible sex monster in the room.

Posted by: I dare not ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:04PM

For me it's been too long, months and months. it has been over a year since my wife and i had sex because she is still in the dumps since I left the Mormon church and has little to do with me. It is so hard to remember the Saturday and Sunday morning rolls. Another world, long ago. I know what you're going to say. Some people have it worse. True 'nuff, I guess.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 04:18PM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:26PM

That's the last time I ever take Definitely anon out for dinner and a movie. I feel SO used and dirty!

Ron

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:29PM

It sounds like the sex was not too memorable

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:40PM

Exactly! I've been dissed!

Ron

Posted by: ruthm not logged in ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:29PM

I haven't had sex in 4 months damnit! I don't want to go around just sleeping with people though, a relationship would be nice. I just recently got divorced though after 11 years of mormon marriage, and I am unbelievably awkward. It is not fair, I am pretty, but crazy awkward, I have no social skills in dealing with men on a romantic level, I have never learned or been taught and have no idea how where to begin. Damn mormon upbringing.

Date: July 28, 2011 03:27PM

Too bad you're not into ladies. I think half the reason I wound up dating a Mormon girl in the first place is because I absolutely love awkward girls. I find it adorable and endearing. A pretty girl who stumbles over words and knocks stuff over is my ultimate dream woman. The less cool you are, the more I love you.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:44PM

You have to Crave each others flesh. The number one ingredient in any amazing dish is hunger. It's the secret ingredient that makes everything taste twice as good.
When you want someone bad enough that even the graze of the back of the neck leaves you spinning and helpless, then you might be ready to try again.
In the mean time, don't forget to bring something to the party when it happens.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 02:47PM

P.S. A bottle of wine or experience both make nice gifts.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 04:05PM

Posted by: Definitely ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 04:07PM

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: July 28, 2011 05:56PM

I like how TBMs rush to get married in the temple after knowing each other for a week because it seems like they just want to have sex. Then, I've heard the most horrible sex stories from them. They had been waiting for that night for years and it was pure disappointment. It hurt like hell and was terribly awkward. One of my TBM friends had to go to the doctor because she had cold sores and all kinds of crazy stuff going on with her because she was stressing about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.