Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: puck ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 03:38AM

After a couple months of computer lameness (running vista? just upgrade to windows 7 already!), finals/graduation, and travelling across the vastness of the country, I have decided to check in.

So hi everybody!!!

I'm in montana right now. Does anyone live in western montana? I'll give you a hint: I am in, apparently, a hippy town. But I tell these people that once you've experienced Vermont, it's not that hippy here...

I will be in Salt Lake City (!!) for the grand second time in my life in a couple of weeks. I will probably be hanging around the bus station all day as I wait to head to Colorado. But there are many of you in that area, I know, and I would love to meet up with some cool people.

(Other side notes: I'll be in Baltimore the final week of August, back to Boston, and then moving to England September 13. Matt, I'm looking at you. I need to know the right microbrews to try!)

Anyway, I do hope everyone is doing well, and that the young'uns of the board are not afraid to speak up!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Board ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 04:02AM

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 05:12AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 05:19AM

So glad to hear from you! It sounds like all is well with you since you graduated. Montana sounds cool. Let us know how it goes in Colorado.

We have a raft of young'uns here now. What did you start? :o)

Don't be a stranger!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 07:42AM

Cool! When in England, just find the nearest Wetherspoon pub. Good beer, good pub grub. ;o))

email me and we'll see about arranging a meet up with fellow UK exmos. matt_exmo@yahoo.co.uk. ;o))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 01:46PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 08:11AM

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 09:07AM

So glad you're getting your chance at England. I had my fingers crossed for you that it would work out.

And it's at least three thousand so so miles closer to Salzburg. We'd love to have you visit again.

Way to go! I'm so pleased for you. When are you arriving on the sane side of the Atlantic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 09:07AM by Lorraine aka síóg.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 07:52AM

The Salt Lake Bus station is no place for a lady to be hanging out, and you've had a few free cab rides coming for some time.

And though I'm decidedly sober, I do know a bit about the local watering holes... Or we could go play "stump the mishies" at Temple Square... I've never done that before...

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 09:29AM

Or we could descend upon you like a hoard of Danites in Baltimore. I know one of the best places for crabcakes there!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 09:50AM

Still here. Remember our bet? One year to go... It's looking better for Mr. O. than I anticipated so you might just win :-)

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 10:17AM

Do you get frequent busser miles or something? :-)

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 10:38AM

Hey, Puck!
Welcome back. I've missed your posts. It's good to hear from you. You sound like you're having a blast. SLC is a strange town, I have relatives there, but most are TBM. I am in the northwest, but good luck in your travels.

Date: July 30, 2011 03:47AM

Well, I've got a summer job in Montana, hence being out here. It's funny, every time I tell people I have a brother in Idaho Falls, they're like, "They speak mormon there!" heh.

rt, I do not recall!

robertb -- hi! get this, I drove from boston to montana with my best friend, camping the way out. She went on to oregon. Now I've got a ride to SLC, then busing it up to colorado, then flying to baltimore, then train to boston. I guess I'm missing horse-back riding, but that's alright as I am terrified of the beasts.

matt, thanks, and I'll keep that in mind.

summer, glad to hear I started a trend. leave mormonism! all the cool kids are doing it! ;-)

and siog, I shall be over to visit sometime in the next year if I can. I'd be glad to see you in any part of the world.

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 06:34AM

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 06:40AM

> rt, I do not recall!

Pretty face but a mind like a sieve, apparently. Amsterdam, 2009 (I think) - we were discussing politics and I said I thought Obama would be a one-term president because of the economy. You disagreed, we wagered. The stakes: public humuliation on the board for the loser...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 07:41AM by rt.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:58PM

Nice to hear from you, you know I count on you guys to travel for me as I hate it :). You must check in more often and keep us up to date on your adventures. You should have come on with your friend, we have had a very cool summer here in PacNW. You can count our 80+ days on one hand. And don't forget, England may have beer but we have WINE now. Lots and lots of good wine and places to taste it.

Now you take Cabbie up on his offer and don't just hang around the bus stop. I am sure he can help you get some of the crew together for a meetup.

And you and rt stay off the politics or I will get my stick ;).

Stay in touch!!!!!

Date: July 31, 2011 06:22AM

ah, rt, I still respectfully disagree. not because he's liberal enough for me (come on, surely you recall that) but because the republican field is ridiculous. he'll be re-elected, no prob.

susan, we'll play nice. :-) I'd forgotten about the amsterdam bet. anyways, wine? does real wine come from the northeast? :-P

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 12:03PM

Thanks but I'll stick with Windows XP. By the time I upgrade to 8 (sometime in 2014), we'll be looking at 9 or 10.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.