Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: July 31, 2011 08:39PM

I've heard the following...

"If Larry Craig (politician caught soliciting sex in public) was mormon, the whole country would have heard about it."

"People attack our family strength it is something they want."

"Mormons don't practice polygamy. The mainstream attacks us on this falsehood."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: July 31, 2011 09:20PM

Um ... the whole country did hear about Larry Craig. There were tons of jokes about it on late night TV.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 31, 2011 09:21PM

Mormons haven't had any real persecution for over a century. They have to manufacture it now ex-nihilo.

Persecution is supposed to be a sign that they are the One True Church. That's why they need it.

Paradoxically they love to brag about how accepted they are in society at the same time.

"Persecution" has also undergone a change. It used to be burning down your house and killing you. Now it's just pointing out your history. In fact, if you mention Mountain Meadows Massacre it's considered an act of persecution by YOU for mentioning it, I've also heard Mormons label any criticism of Mormonism as "religious bigotry." If Mormons weren't out there advertising all over the TV, Radio, and Internet and if they didn't have tens of thousands of full time salesmen knocking on people's doors then they might have a case to be left alone, But given how Mormonism puts itself in everyone's face it has to expect equal time from a differing viewpoint. That's not "persecution," that's just participating in the dialogue.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: August 01, 2011 03:35AM

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." (New Testament | Matthew 5:10 - 12)

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: August 01, 2011 09:01PM

Lucky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QknCsJQBcco

Interesting in my Montgomery Burns voice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.