Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 05:06PM

I can't stop cussing about it. I just want to scream and explode.

I want to punch out half of the voters in this state.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 05:27PM

officials do not understand the way laws are made, or the way minorities are to be treated.

These policies are set out in the US Constitution and most like most state constitutions.

"The will of the people" doesn't matter, if the will of said people is against the laws of the land.

Oh well, the CA prop. 8 will eventually make it to the Supreme Court. The decision will be handed down that it IS unconstitutional and then it will be impossible for individual states to decide against it.

Posted by: rocktheutah ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 05:37PM

So let me get this straight...the very political branch that is supposed to protect us from mob rule is subject to governance and regulation BY mob rule? I guess I missed the "illiterate jackoff" amendment in Iowa's constitution.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 05:49PM

...this sends a very clear and terrifying warning to all other supreme court judges in other states: Legalize gay marriage, lose your seat.

Date: November 03, 2010 05:52PM

Now, we're left with THREE vacant seats in our state supreme court.

Legal experts are talking about the permanent damage it will do to our judicial system.

Why can't people worry about their own stupid families??????

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 06:05PM

...they'd realize how fucked up and dysfunctional they really are. The way things are now, they can remain in denial and point out how wrong other family units are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 06:06PM by GayLayAle.

Date: November 03, 2010 06:11PM

If gay marriage is the thing that they're worried most about in this country, then they are SORELY under informed about REAL PROBLEMS.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 02:49AM

GayLayAle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...this sends a very clear and terrifying warning
> to all other supreme court judges in other states:
> Legalize gay marriage, lose your seat.

My thoughts exactly. Very chilling.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 05:51PM

OTTAWA (The Borowitz Report) – Canadian immigration officials have reported a huge increase in the number of requests for Canadian citizenship in the past twenty-four hours, with over fifty-five million such inquiries pouring in since late Tuesday night.

Of those fifty-five million requests, well over 99.99% of them came from U.S. citizens, with a particularly large number coming from residents of Florida and Kentucky.

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon said that he was “flabbergasted” by the fifty-five-million-plus requests for Canadian citizenship, adding that it was difficult to pinpoint the precise reasons for the staggering increase.

“My only theory is that after the 2010 winter Olympics, the sport of curling is finally starting to catch on,” he said.

He cautioned, however, that it is impossible to know exactly what is sparking the sudden interest in America’s frozen neighbor to the north: “People answering our immigration hotline say that it is hard to understand many of the American callers because they are sobbing uncontrollably.”

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/11/03/canada-reports-huge-jump-in-immigration/

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 06:07PM

I'm a McGill alum and I've been mulling over going back.

I left Montreal for a good job, but now I worry that was a mistake. If I lose my job, there's no way I'm staying here.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 05:52PM

It just proves that old adage;

Whoever has the deepest pockets makes the rules...

Date: November 03, 2010 06:17PM

Those F*&^%^g mormons are messing with the political system in my state.

No wonder they got driven out 150+ years ago! We should do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 01:47AM

Just think how proud and haughty the mormons are feeling today.

Date: November 04, 2010 09:34AM

The time for compassion from me is over in regards to mormons. They are part of the problem.

Posted by: cynicalso ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 12:10AM

many posts about how important it is to get out and vote the last couplle of days - it's a right blah blah blah.... those of us who don't vote are blah blah blah...

but I guess you have to vote the "right" way or incur the wrath of this bunch.... I didn't realize voting with this bunch had an asterisk that had fine print associated with it...

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 12:27AM

Well funny if it were not so scary? Your lack of understanding of the importance of voting. Being critical of the outcome of a an election is vastly different from criticism of someone going to vote. I support anyone that goes to vote, to those that didn't vote STFU.

Posted by: cynicalso ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 07:45PM

It is scary that you can't see that you're being manipulated just like you were in the church.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 12:35AM

Little was changed by this particular vote. It may make justices that are susceptible to such recall more cautious until society becomes more accepting of the idea of gay marriage, then it will be a mute issue.

The voters of Iowa rejected a Constitutional Convention that was promoted as a way to end gay marriage. It will take something like 3 years minimum for Constitution of Iowa to be changed, if it does get changed.

Yes, I am angry with this setback, but setbacks have happened before and will happen again. It is a lot of two steps forward and one step back. For a one step back this is nowhere near as bad as what happened in California or Maine, gay marriage is still legal in Iowa.

Posted by: Skeptical ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 12:42AM

Turn the other cheek, orlove one another does not apply to the ballot box or elected officials.

Welcome to Talibamericistan

Posted by: Zeno Lorea ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 02:12AM

It's like the early 1970s when they knew the 1978 declaration was coming.

They know gay marriage will become legal in most places in their lifetime, and can now only hope to die before the morg welcomes gays too.

I would not worry about the three judges. They knew in advance they could be voted out, and will find good jobs soon. Unlike some of the frustrated voters who channelled their frustration at the judges.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.