Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notinspite ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 05:21PM

I read the thread that had to do with back pain and depression. I hope my solution can help: product of the century that has changed my life and I would like to share it with all who read this---Protandim--look it up. I was a skeptic at first but it has changed my life and a ton of people in my family and friend's lives. I was born with bunions and on my right foot it has hurt since I was about 15. I just thought that my right one was larger than my left--not true--Protandim healed it(my tendon was holding it in a bad place-it healed it. It tingled for a bout a week! I took it for 30 days and it is completely on the mend and I don't feel anything but normal and relief from pain. I have TMJ--reduced the inflamation tremendously! I rolled my ankle three years ago, it didn't heal properly. Since taking Protandim it healed back correctly. It is crazy people!! I was like okay...when my Mormon sister told me about it. I was a huge skeptic and just agreed to try it-quite obsessed now with it. I could tell you countless stories of people with aliments that it has helped. arthritis-diabetes- back injuries-(my brother in law was a pro golfer and had to stop golfing due to his injury, Protandim has almost completely healed it, he got the injury about ten years ago.) They are all selling it- I wanted to share it with you guys--not to make money off of it but because I read the book the secret and believe in Karma. My sister's best friend has been on antidepressants since she was 15, she is now 30 something and since taking Protandim she weaned herself off of them and no longer takes her medicine. It has changed my life, so try it. I have only noticed positive side effects like more energy. It's like 40 dollars a month and you can order it off their website. It reduces your oxidative stress in your cells that cause aging. I have never ever felt better. If you don't have your health you don't have anything. You'll never know until you try it. I know how debilitating pain can be. I stopped running due to my toe and ankle. It has given me a fresh outlook on my life and possibilities. Has anyone else heard of it or taken it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 07:03PM by notinspite.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 05:32PM

and hey, if I'd known advertising was allowed here I woulda had my dad promote his woodworking business.

Date: August 04, 2011 05:35PM

I'm not benefitting from it. People give their advice all the time. The thread was closed.

Date: August 04, 2011 05:36PM

I could have just kept it to myself but it has changed my life so why not share something that could help.

Date: August 04, 2011 06:28PM

medicine has effects and usually is just a cover up. It's not for everyone(obviously) and if you don't try it you'll never know. It's not my life- it's yours, so it's all up to you. My dad took it and has had high high blood pressure and it dropped 20 points by doing nothing different. Good luck everyone. Don't believe everything you read on google:) it's helped me and many people I know personally.

Date: August 05, 2011 05:18PM

I know what I use to have...and it's not the placebo effect...at all- I have dealt with pain for years and years. It actually does work and it is going to be huge and everyone is going to eat their little words while I am living 20 years longer. It is a dietary supplement that simply repairs your cells..it's a simple concept people...don't make it complicated. My mom has been in a wheelchair since I was 12..I am now 25..she has MS...and she can feel her feet again for the fist time in many years where her copaxone and other "doctor remedies" failed to repair her. She has taken Protandim for about two months. It is just the beginning. Go ahead and rip on it, I am use to it...not being Mormon was a huge debate. I only defend this because it has changed my life-muscle has memory and so does each cell of how nature intended it to be--for best function(that's how I look at it). I was a skeptic too...I didn't think much of it till I was healed...and it took me a while to give credit where credit was due. My bunion effing hurt...and my ankle...and TMJ..very painful...look it up if you don't know about TMJ!! ouch!! I just want to help---I am not making money off of this..puuhhleaase

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 05:27PM by notinspite.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 11:49PM

Whatever you think it did -- it didn't. Go peddle your snake oil elsewhere.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 05:39PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 06:06PM

Placebos work.

So something that works is... wrong.

For anyone interested here is an article on the placebo effect
https://www.ptsdforum.org/c/gallery/-pdf/1-45.pdf

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 06:11PM

It may have worked for you... But a 5 minute search on Google for "protandim scams" found plenty of sites that show that this is pretty much a scam (heck, just searching for protandim alone found plenty of information on it, you just have to sort though the obvious marketing material, hint, they all say the same thing).

Just few of the many sites:
http://quackfiles.blogspot.com/2005/07/protandim-claims-debunked.html
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/protandim-another-kind-of-antioxidant/
http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/lifevantage-protandim-scam/ (which even goes into the company.)

Something that cures bunions, inflammations, twisted ankles (ones that had already healed), diabetes (I'm assuming that's what diebetis is), arthritis, and depression? Sounds way to good to be true, especially for a handful of herbs that can be purchased on their own much cheaper and have shown none of these affects.

I prefer medicine that works...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 06:13PM by Finally Free!.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 12:39AM

There's no such thing as a panacea for all ills. Nothing cures bunions and herniated disks and the heebie jeebies.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 01:03AM

The magic is in the proprietary blend!

Sure you can get all the ingredients at Walmart, but you'll never get the blend quite right and you'll never get the amazing benefits. Tea tree oil also may cure herpies* but only if you buy it from Melaleuca.

*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 02:00AM

And disgusting.

If I wanted this kind of information, I wouldn't have taken DH to about 2 dozen doctors for their opinions on pain, which are apparently inferior to the OP's.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 10:15PM

If you take it with OSEA water, it is guaranteed to lighten your wallet even more.

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 10:41PM

and I suppose you need to sign up, and oh no its not a pyramid scheme, I smell a RAT!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.