Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tinker27 ( )
Date: November 03, 2010 11:54PM

My dh converted a year ago... but hasn't been fully involved due to the amount of time he works out of town. My question is - is there a dress code or standard expected for the interviews with bishops. He works in construction and got dressed on his Sunday best for a 15 minute chat with the bishop. Which surprised me. Is this the norm?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 12:13AM

tell him not to do the interview!!!!! always deny an interview!!!! you will be asked sexual questions, and that is none of the bishop's damn business. do you want someone to know about your sexlife with your husband??? It is just sick!!!! and the Bishop proberly likes asking the questions because it give him some sexual excitment. It is not against the law to say NO!!

Date: November 04, 2010 12:33AM

Even though I disagree with it, dh just thinks it is a part of the bishops duty to ask him those questions to help dh become righteous. I let him know that I don't agree with him being asked those questions.

My dh knows to set up all meetings, interviews, or VT when I am not home. Even the missionaries aren't allowed over if I am home.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 12:44AM

The amount, depth and degree of probing about one's sex life by the bishop probably bears a direct inverse proportion to the level of sexual satisfaction and intimacy in his own uptight, church-controlled, marital relationship.

Posted by: ernie zoo ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 12:50AM

I always thought it was weird that a grown man is allowed to ask a teenage boy about sexual things. You would think that would be considered sexual harrassment. I remember I always felt uncomfortable as a kid when my bishop asked about it.

Date: November 04, 2010 08:50AM

Does any one know what the standard dress is for these interviews is?

Posted by: Anonymous ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 10:24AM

The dress standards are really determined by the person doing the interviewing.

I've had bishops and members of stake presidencies who could care less what you were wearing.

I've had others who thought you should ALWAYS dress up when coming for an interview or any other church-related work.

As a finance clerk, I've often been asked to run over to the meetinghouse to sign a check, and I've just done it in whatever I was wearing - usually jeans and a button-down shirt (but no tie).

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: November 04, 2010 10:34AM

Standard operating procedure, as per direction from the church, is Sunday attire. I once asked the SP if attire was more important than the fact that over half of his stewardship was MIA. This was asked in the context of white shirts at church, but still applies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.