Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: happynow ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 01:42PM

It took a really long time to write my letter of resignation but I finally did it and cannot begin to tell you how relieved I am.
Someday I will write my exit story but right now want to thank RFM for the support and info I received from the recovery board.
For the past two years I have researched mormonism to the point that I actually had to stop as it became so depressing.In Kathryn Stocketts book "The Help" there is a line that says
"It seems that at some point you'd run out of awful"So many lies so much racism, homophobia not to mention the rampant sexism and other "just weird stuff".
My husband (a BYU grad) but not over the top member is OK with it all--we don't live in an area with a strong Mormon population.
I'm so much happier now but wonder if I will ever know normal again (I was a convert)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 02:16PM

From what I understand you'll feel normal, relieved, joyous, lighter, happier, and freer. I can't wait until it's my turn. So happy for you - congrats! :)

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 02:34PM

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 02:57PM

Normal is a relative and subjective idea. Accept that mormonism was part of your life experience; learn from it, move on, and don't worry too much about the idea of being normal -- we all have things in our lives that are unusual; that doesn't mean you're not ok.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 03:12PM

Posted by: onthewayout ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 06:54AM

Congratulations :-) I cannot wait until that is me. Hopefully someday very soon hubby and I will be joining you. Just need to get the guts to take that last step. Kudos to you!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 01:01PM

I was a convert. I found it was quite an interesting, fascinating process to give myself permission to analyze, and change my mind about lots of ideas and beliefs in my life and create my own new and improved, broader World View.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.